PDA

View Full Version : Any bets on what day Thompson will "officially" declare his candidacy?

EvilEngineer
08-24-2007, 12:34 AM
My bet is September 6th. Just enough time so that he won't have to declare any of his holdings until after January 31st.

cujothekitten
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Hopefully never :p

Actually I heard some liberal blogger is going to sue him over this.

LizF
08-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Hopefully never :p

Actually I heard some liberal blogger is going to sue him over this.

I agree. He's become more annoying than Mario Cuomo was when he was considering his run.

hard@work
08-24-2007, 01:04 AM
His campaign manager or something was on Tom Hartman this morning, he said "we'll know in 2 weeks".

LizF
08-24-2007, 01:10 AM
His campaign manager or something was on Tom Hartman this morning, he said "we'll know in 2 weeks".

Read: "When Karl Rove/our overlords say we can."

jpa
08-24-2007, 01:37 AM
he is hiding his campaign fundraising.

We can use this against him in 2 ways:
- claim that Ron Paul has more donors and more money raised then Fred (force his hand on the issue)

- call him out that he is ducking campaign fiance reform that he VOTED on while in senate. Is he above the law?

hard@work
08-24-2007, 01:42 AM
he is hiding his campaign fundraising.

We can use this against him in 2 ways:
- claim that Ron Paul has more donors and more money raised then Fred (force his hand on the issue)

- call him out that he is ducking campaign fiance reform that he VOTED on while in senate. Is he above the law?

Some campaign finance chair is now a top guy in his entorage. We're boned there I think. But it should be brought out to the public.

jpa
08-24-2007, 01:50 AM
how does having a finance chair help him? Even if he is obeying the letter of the law, he is still dodging it.

We have to win in the court of public opinion, not the real courts.

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Hopefully never too, but Jeri wouldn't stand for that.;) He'll announce on September 3rd or 4th, fly to SC for a quick hello, then take his place at the debate on September 5th where everyone will see had bad he's been looking. Then wait until they get to know him better and see his numbers fade. :)

jpa
08-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Would they really let him in the debate if he pulled that?

I think they should give him Tommy Thompson's podium.. that would be a hoot.

jjschless
08-24-2007, 01:56 AM
My optimistic prediction: by the end of October his polling numbers will be half of what they are now.

hard@work
08-24-2007, 01:59 AM
how does having a finance chair help him? Even if he is obeying the letter of the law, he is still dodging it.

We have to win in the court of public opinion, not the real courts.

That's pretty much what I said.

;-)