PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul REVOLT: GOP Convention March Website

Gage
05-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I recently have created a Ron Paul Republican March Website for the Xcel Energy Center protest in St. Paul, Minnesota on September 1st through 4th! It's still in a beta phase, as I'm still putting it together. But it would be great if everyone who is supporting this movement would check the site out and, at the very least, sign the petition. I also got some merch together in the store, and all the profit made from the store will go directly to the Ron Paul campaign. I'd appreciate some kind feedback on the site ;), and I'll be glad to add your Ron Paul site to the related sites section if you like. Anyway, I hope that after the time I spent on this site that someone hasn't already taken the task upon themselves to create there own, but if so, then I apologize.

Here is the site, be sure to bookmark it :): defunct

Oyate
05-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Does this mean you or someone else has pulled permits for a street rally?

Gage
05-27-2008, 11:16 PM
According to a recent statement by Ron Paul, "we do have a place, and it's not too far from the convention." So I'm pretty sure that's been taken care of, if not, there's still a few months until the convention anyway.

Oyate
05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I guess I remember that. Sounded pretty vague. I know the GOP has all the rally locations tied up for the convention, but Dr. Paul might have been able to swing one of those. I'm cautious about doing a street march past the convention center on this one, but I think the Freedom Walk '08 thing is fantastic.

Gage
05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I guess I remember that. Sounded pretty vague.
He said it in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYkNiFbhNU) at about 7:13.

MRoCkEd
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Nice site.

roXet
05-29-2008, 02:36 PM
On your about page it says "On November 4th, 2007, he raised $4.6 million in just 24 hours without any campaign organization." Wasn't that on Nov 5th?

ronpaulhawaii
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Welcome, Seems like a decent site, I don't know how many people will go for the "revolt", though. Sounds even more militant than revolution.

There are other events being planned, so it might be best to hold off on details...

And I don't really understand what you"re asking donations for?

Thanks

Cowlesy
05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Why when you click the donation button does it appear as though you're donating on Ron's main page, but the page at the top still has the ronpaulrevolt2008 URL?

Is it re-directing to ronpaul2008.com and my internet explorer browser isn't seeing it?

MRoCkEd
05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Is it re-directing to ronpaul2008.com ?
yeah

Gage
05-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Nice site.
Thank you, MRoCkEd.

On your about page it says "On November 4th, 2007, he raised $4.6 million in just 24 hours without any campaign organization." Wasn't that on Nov 5th?
Sorry, that was an error on my part. It's fixed now, though.

Welcome, Seems like a decent site, I don't know how many people will go for the "revolt", though. Sounds even more militant than revolution.

There are other events being planned, so it might be best to hold off on details...

And I don't really understand what you"re asking donations for? Why don't you tell me about yourself, so I can feel better about where my money may go?

Thanks
Well, I got the "revolt" thing from the numerous discussions that were calling it a revolt, and seemed to be what most people, including I think Faux News, were calling it as well.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I personally am not asking for any donations. The only profits that I see that could come from the site now are from the store, and I've already written somewhere on the site that all profits made from the store are donated directly to the Ron Paul campaign. Or if someone more trustworthy in a lot of people's eyes wants to set up there own donation widget on ChipIn, then I'll donate all the profits towards the event to that ChipIn widget.

Why when you click the donation button does it appear as though you're donating on Ron's main page, but the page at the top still has the ronpaulrevolt2008 URL?

Is it re-directing to ronpaul2008.com and my internet explorer browser isn't seeing it?
Actually, I bought a domain name, and set up what's called a "masked URL", which first redirects to the page at which you specify, and then also mask the URL to whatever you click on from the time you go onto the main page to the time you leave and go to another site via your address bar. It's not a mocked up, copied version of the donate page on Ron Paul's site, it just redirects to the actual page on his site, but keeps the URL masked, which I cannot prevent. So to answer your question, yes it is redirecting to ronpaul2008.com.

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
can you center the site? nice site though. fix the donate error asap

Gage
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
can you center the site? nice site though. fix the donate error asap
Eh, not really sure if I can without messing up the entire layout, and having to completely revamp it, but I think I can try to fix it. I'll try and do it now, and if it fixes itself, let me know. If not, then there is really nothing else I can do. It's centered on my screen resolution though, so I'm not really sure what you mean.

If somebody more trustworthy wants to set up a ChipIn widget, and will use it towards the National Convention protest, then I'll set up a donate page for everyone to use.

Edit: I think I fixed the page center problem. Let me know if that was what you were trying to get me to change.

Cowlesy
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you, MRoCkEd.

Sorry, that was an error on my part. It's fixed now, though.

Well, I got the "revolt" thing from the numerous discussions that were calling it a revolt, and seemed to be what most people, including I think Faux News, were calling it as well.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I personally am not asking for any donations. The only profits that I see that could come from the site now are from the store, and I've already written somewhere on the site that all profits made from the store are donated directly to the Ron Paul campaign. Or if someone more trustworthy in a lot of people's eyes wants to set up there own donation widget on ChipIn, then I'll donate all the profits towards the event to that ChipIn widget.

Actually, I bought a domain name, and set up what's called a "masked URL", which first redirects to the page at which you specify, and then also mask the URL to whatever you click on from the time you go onto the main page to the time you leave and go to another site via your address bar. It's not a mocked up, copied version of the donate page on Ron Paul's site, it just redirects to the actual page on his site, but keeps the URL masked, which I cannot prevent. So to answer your question, yes it is redirecting to ronpaul2008.com.

Cool, I am a tech-dunce so I don't get this stuff. Thanks for the explanation.

Gage
05-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Cool, I am a tech-dunce so I don't get this stuff. Thanks for the explanation.
No problem, it's pretty simple, actually. Pretty cheap too ;), only cost me about $1.99 too, thanks to the wonderful world of Yahoo.

Gage
05-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Sorry to double post, but I'd delete my other post and include it in a new post if I could, but I guess you can't on this board for some reason.

But anyway, I set up a donate page. It doesn't have any way of donating yet, since I'm trying to be a little cautious in setting anything up that I may not be able to eventually use towards the event in St. Paul, but I was hoping that somebody could help me out, who is trustworthy, and is planning on being at the event 100%, could help me out by creating a ChipIn widget that I could add to the Donations page for people to contribute money to the event. We shouldn't need too much money, but if there is a problem that arises, for example, the permit for a street rally that Oyate mentioned, which I'm pretty sure has already been taken care of though, but if not, then the money raised could go to any expenses that are required to file for a permit, if any.

Also, I through together a trailer for the Revolt, you can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSY22s3_CFQ). I'll also be glad to add any other Revolt trailers that anyone would like to create in support of the rally to either the site or the YouTube channel.

mediahasyou
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
good work, nice site.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM
This is awesome! Why is this not on the main page?? ;)

tribute_13
08-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Does the link work for others? It doesn't for me

nobody's_hero
08-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Not working for me.

Oh, older thread. This site might have been taken down over the past month. :(

Margo37
08-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh, older thread. This site might have been taken down over the past month.

Guess so but I just found it.
And still here.