PDA

View Full Version : Come To Texas

jblosser
08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey, I know a lot of people who might otherwise want to make the trip are discouraged about the fact the TX Straw Poll is a delegates-only vote. But please come anyway. We still intend and expect to win this thing. At least we don't have to call and bus everyone in the state!

This Straw Poll stands to be unique among what we've done so far. Not only is the vote closed, which provides the best opportunity yet to demonstate that Ron has *real* support, but there is a large Peace Protest scheduled for Saturday. We really have no idea how things are going to go down there but just imagine the dynamic of a large Convention Center surrounded inside and out by Ron Paul supporters, themselves surrounded by peace protestors. It's gonna be a good time, and we want the Revolution here.

Looking forward to meeting you all...

libertarian4321
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
As a Texan, I think Ron Paul has a LOT of support here.

However, I'm not sure he'll do as well in the straw poll. The only people who can vote are past delegates- meaning a lot of party hacks who wholeheartedly supported George W. Bush and the neocon agenda- I don't think Ron Paul will do as well in that crowd as he will among Texans in general.

Ron Paul is bringing a lot of new people into the Republican Party (and bringing people like me BACK into the party)- but those folks won't be represented at the straw poll.

jblosser
08-24-2007, 01:07 AM

However, I'm not sure he'll do as well in the straw poll. The only people who can vote are past delegates- meaning a lot of party hacks who wholeheartedly supported George W. Bush and the neocon agenda- I don't think Ron Paul will do as well in that crowd as he will among Texans in general.

Ron Paul is bringing a lot of new people into the Republican Party (and bringing people like me BACK into the party)- but those folks won't be represented at the straw poll.

You gotta understand that we are working these people over like nobody's business. The advantage we have is these people know the issues and remember what real conservatives are. They are easier to talk to than the average joe on *every single issue* except the war, which is of course what the average joe cares about most. We are having incredible luck in there as well.

I was in two Republican clubs in DFW this week with Robert Paul who spoke to each. Tonight Duncan Hunter spoke as well. It's not a cakewalk or anything but these people responded to the message of liberty before and they *are* responding again.

I don't want to go into the numbers because it's a competition after all but we have very good responses coming back from the call and mail programs. If the numbers we have right now pan out we *will* win, it's just a question of how much. And that win will reverberate across the US GOP.

Still, we want all of you to come, because even these hardline neocons are responding to just the fact they are seeing new faces. Going to these clubs is almost doing more than talking about the issues. They are dying as a party and they know it. We tell them why we're there and that it's up to them, if the party will come back to conservatism and nominate people like Ron Paul then here we are waiting for them.

Slugg
08-24-2007, 01:08 AM

That's true, but remember, you only had to be a delegate once. There are several ex delegates in the San Antonio meetup group. Plus, you still have the old Reagan Delegates lying around. I think we may see some pretty strong support for Dr. Paul in the Texas straw poll!!!:D

lynnf
08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
That's true, but remember, you only had to be a delegate once. There are several ex delegates in the San Antonio meetup group. Plus, you still have the old Reagan Delegates lying around. I think we may see some pretty strong support for Dr. Paul in the Texas straw poll!!!:D

Not only that, each delegate can sign in two guests! Any many of us are doing just that. The guests can go into the convention center, although they cannot vote. So that effectively doubles our power as a visible presence. Other candidates can do the same, but do you think they will be as effective as RP supporters?

lynn

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 06:34 AM
This is going to take a bit of work, but here's what I like about the Texas straw poll. You have to be a delegate. This is the thing that has alot of people down and thinking we won't stand a chance, etc... But that's not the case at all. It is a real test unlike the Iowa straw poll. You can't just bus in a bunch of random people, pay their ticket price and buy them a bunch of freebies and a free day out. Rather, you actually have to appeal to them. Its a fair straw poll rather than a who has the most money to waste staw poll.

lynnf
08-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Hey, I know a lot of people who might otherwise want to make the trip are discouraged about the fact the TX Straw Poll is a delegates-only vote. But please come anyway. We still intend and expect to win this thing. At least we don't have to call and bus everyone in the state!

This Straw Poll stands to be unique among what we've done so far. Not only is the vote closed, which provides the best opportunity yet to demonstate that Ron has *real* support, but there is a large Peace Protest scheduled for Saturday. We really have no idea how things are going to go down there but just imagine the dynamic of a large Convention Center surrounded inside and out by Ron Paul supporters, themselves surrounded by peace protestors. It's gonna be a good time, and we want the Revolution here.

Looking forward to meeting you all...

There are buses coming, offered to delegates supporting RP, from Austin, Houston
and San Antonio ... for info 1877-RON-2008.

lynn

constituent
08-24-2007, 07:33 AM
and a timesaver from s.a. or anyone further south

take 281 to ft. worth... don't risk spending hours and hours on 35 in gridlock.

you gotta go through towns, but it beats austin anyday... and it's scenic.

lynnf
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM

I beg to differ that they won't be represented.... not all of us delegates are party hacks. True, we won't represent those folks in proportion, but we and the guests that we bring along will represent those folks!

lynn

constituent
08-24-2007, 10:07 AM
bump

lynnf
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
bump again

lynnf

V-rod
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
As a "2nd Tier" and a Texan, he better beat Huckabee at the very least :eek:

jblosser
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
We are going to win. Period.

Are the rest of you coming to the party or not?

constituent
08-24-2007, 03:40 PM
which party?

jblosser
08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I mean the whole thing, I know you will be here. :)

Although if you are coming and plan to be at the 8:30 Friday party, make sure you have RSVPed please. http://ronpaul2008.com/texas/

lynnf
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
which party?

Why, the Texas Straw Party er,, I mean Poll, of course!

See you all at the 8:30 Friday event in Ft. Worth, God willing!

lynn

jblosser
08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
We were out campaigning in Sundance Square again tonight, right in the middle of where the Poll will be and the hot spot for FW night life. There were at least 40 of us out there. I can't wait to see what it looks like next weekend with at least an order of magnitude more.