PDA

View Full Version : Which has been the most corrupt branch of government the last 100 years?

dude58677
05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Also state your reason on why you think this branch is more corrupt. I know they are all corrupt but which is the worse of the three?

wgadget
05-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't know personally, but Ron Paul has said several times that the CIA (I know it's not a branch) is responsible for a lot of mischief.

Another non-branch that I would vote for is the Federal Reserve.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-25-2008, 04:06 PM
The office of the presidency...

LibertyEagle
05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Judicial.

If they would have been ruling according to the founder's intent in the Constitution, we wouldn't be in 1/2 of the mess we are in.

yaz
The office of the presidency...

+1

Paulitical Correctness
Judicial.

/personal experience

Worst of the worst as far as I'm concerned.

dude58677
05-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Judicial.

/personal experience

Worst of the worst as far as I'm concerned.

What happened?:(

dude58677
05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
To Liberty Eagle and Paulitical Correctness,

Check out one my recent posts"Why judicial supremacy is a myth" .

DFF
05-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Easily the "Independent within the goverment" Federal Reserve System.

They rob the world of their money by loaning it to them at interest, were the primary culprit behind the Great Depression, have provided the financing for every war waged since The Fed's inception in 1913, and through their artificial interest rates, undermine the free market.

OptionsTrader
05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
The fourth branch, the television media.

http://www.intoxination.net/files/faux_news%5B1%5D.jpg

Knightskye
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
The Legislative.

They have the power to fix almost everything. Yet they choose not to.

Bradley in DC
05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
The executive branch is the biggest. Is it total or proportional? :D

inibo
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
The Legislative.

They have the power to fix almost everything. Yet they choose not to.

Bingo. Congress has the ability to write laws and control the budget. They have the moral and practical authority to keep both the Presidency and the Judiciary in line and they've not exercised it.

constitutional
05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Judicial Branch, obviously because they do not restraint government when it need be. They sit back and watch the show as everything blows over --- and then decides when it's too late and the respect has been lost for the constitution.

inibo
05-26-2008, 08:37 AM
God bless serendipity. This showed up in my inbox today:

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices -- 545 human beings out of the 300 million -- are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party.
She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses -- provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

It is attributed to Charlie Reese (http://www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese-arch.html), whom I like a lot, though I can't seem to find the original, so it may one of those fake Charlie Daniels/Ted Nugent/George Carlin rants that occasionally infest everyone's email, but the sentiment is right on, whoever wrote it.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Also state your reason on why you think this branch is more corrupt. I know they are all corrupt but which is the worse of the three?

These types of questions and discussions of issues only work to divide what is already a divided American dinner table.

Truth Warrior
05-26-2008, 08:55 AM
I pick Congress, just cuz there's more of them. :D

HOLLYWOOD
05-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Gotta repost and Bump... factual and pragmatic analogy of the Cess Pool of approximately 545+ Selfish Individuals... I call them: 'THE ME CROWD' which covers the 3 branches of conspiring U.S. government. But WE, must not forget the NEW 4th branch of government: THE MEDIA MSM (corporate owned) 'COLLUSION across all MEDIUMS of COMMUNICATIONS'!

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices -- 545 human beings out of the 300 million -- are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party.
She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses -- provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Ozwest
05-26-2008, 09:12 AM
The Fed.

Which branch of government are thwy classified under?

There-within lies the conundrum.

Truth Warrior
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
The Fed.

Which branch of government are thwy classified under?

There-within lies the conundrum. The executive branch, Treasury Dept., isn't it?

Just where do you stick a private bankster cabal?

Ozwest
05-26-2008, 09:25 AM
The executive branch, Treasury Dept., isn't it?

Just where do you stick a private bankster cabal?

You stick a private bankster where it hurts.

I prefer pitch-forks and torches,

But, sometimes you have to adapt...

Grimnir Wotansvolk
05-26-2008, 09:50 AM

[stuff]

It is attributed to Charlie Reese (http://www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese-arch.html), whom I like a lot, though I can't seem to find the original, so it may one of those fake Charlie Daniels/Ted Nugent/George Carlin rants that occasionally infest everyone's email, but the sentiment is right on, whoever wrote it.You know, suddenly Mike Gravel's national initiative doesn't sound so bad

Ozwest
05-26-2008, 10:08 AM

It is attributed to Charlie Reese (http://www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese-arch.html), whom I like a lot, though I can't seem to find the original, so it may one of those fake Charlie Daniels/Ted Nugent/George Carlin rants that occasionally infest everyone's email, but the sentiment is right on, whoever wrote it.

I'm listening to Joni Mitchell right now.:cool:

Coolio!

dude58677
05-26-2008, 10:15 AM

You mean 544? I exclude Ron Paul, don't we all?