PDA

View Full Version : Interesting program: "Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa"

MsDoodahs
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
It's on now (5/25 at 2:42pm). Sundance channel, it's 549 for you DirecTV people.

:)

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 04:42 PM
What is it?

MsDoodahs
05-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Documentary following several individuals who live off grid in NM.

Freedom to live as they please was a dominant theme. :)

Lots of emphasis on the counter culture aspect of the group.

Roxi
06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
is there a young guy and girl with a big red bus and 8 kids (some from other countries)?

i met a couple in vegas, who had a little adobe in NM and they lived completely off the grid, with 8 little kids, and they traveled around the country in a red school bus... they were awesome!

MsDoodahs
06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
It was a while back...the main guys I remember that they focused on were one ex-military guy whose statements led me to believe he is a true patriot...

Then another guy, don't recall if he was ex-military or not...he had a bunch of dogs - like most pet owners, these were his FAMILY. The NM cops did fly overs and saw that he had a greenhouse where he grew pot, they busted him, stormed his house, and according to him (and his neighbors), the cops LOCKED HIS DOGS IN HIS HOUSE AND BURNED THE THING DOWN. I have no reason to doubt the guy and his neighbors. And he was really destroyed by that act. It made me so sad. I cried and cried over that one. :(

They focused a lot on the counter culture stuff...that was disappointing...

jkm1864
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Life sucking leaches of society. Well one day Jesus will come back and it won't be Mr. Nice guy for PUNKS like that. I sure as hell want to see this coming. I might have to buy ringside seats when the Lord throws the Bush's, Clinton's, Rockefeller's, Chaney's, corrupt politicians, & corrupt officials into the Flaming furnace of Hell. Oh boy what a site to see especially when We wake up the next morning and the world is a different place.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
07-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Life sucking leaches of society. Well one day Jesus will come back and it won't be Mr. Nice guy for PUNKS like that.......:confused:

anyway, looking at the trailer, it appears that they're trying to portray these people as monsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTGPJtvmS8

MsDoodahs
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
......:confused:

anyway, looking at the trailer, it appears that they're trying to portray these people as monsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTGPJtvmS8

Yeah, they focused WAY too much on the counter culture stuff.

But jkm1864, life sucking leeches? Puleeze. I don't recall any government leeching going on. I know some local farmers bring their extra produce out - that wasn't the GOVERNMENT helping them...that was a people to people act.

People to people acts of assistance - SANS GOVERNMENT FORCE - are the kinds of actions I believe Christ expects of us. But hey, that's just MY view...

Time for Change
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM

People to people acts of assistance - sans government force - are the kinds of actions i believe christ expects of us. But hey, that's just my view...

+1000000000000