PDA

View Full Version : Web may help put Rep. Paul in the running for president

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070823/OPINION03/708230350/1014/OPINION

Web may help put Rep. Paul in the running for president

So what is newsworthy these days? What becomes news and what does not?

Why did we hear what Lindsay Lohan has been up to but not about which presidential candidate had the most donations from members of the Army, Navy and Air Force, along with the veterans? We are in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and in a general war on "terror." I would have thought which presidential candidates are getting support from the men and women making the sacrifices would have been more newsworthy than Lohan.

With high negative ratings for both Congress and the president in recent polls, why did I hear about who got the rights for O. J.'s book instead of the winner of three of this weekend's four straw polls?
The answer to the above "non-newsworthy" items is Rep. Ron Paul. A movement to elect Paul, a man considered the exception to the bunch in Washington, is growing. It started with Paul dominating the Internet over all Republican candidates and now surpassing all the Democrats on the Internet. Based on Web traffic, YouTube subscribers, meet-up groups, Myspace friends and search rankings, only Barack Obama is in the same league.

That online support is showing up as people on the ground with him placing fifth (9%) in Iowa last weekend. This weekend, he placed third (19%) in Illinois, first (37%), first (73%) and first (81%) respectively in North Carolina, New Hampshire and Alabama straw polls.

MARK BYRNE

Chairman

Libertarian Party

St Clair and Sanilac counties

Port Huron, Aug. 20

Sal Collaziano
08-24-2007, 12:15 AM
It's amazing how hard the media is working to cover-up Ron Paul.

jacmicwag
08-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Fact is we need to win bigger contests like the Texas Straw Poll next week. When our guy wins with a couple hundred votes at various County Fairs, we can't get our panties in a bunch if it's not Headline News. That comes later when we take the Iowa Caucus.

dseisner
08-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Fact is we need to win bigger contests like the Texas Straw Poll next week. When our guy wins with a couple hundred votes at various County Fairs, we can't get our panties in a bunch if it's not Headline News. That comes later when we take the Iowa Caucus.

Let's just hope Diebold doesn't show up.

B964
08-24-2007, 04:53 AM
I had thought for a while that the MSM was just ignoring Ron Paul.
The more I look at it, they are intentionally not reporting about him, or even saying his name.
We all have noticed how the MSM and most of the other canidates have started picking up some of Paul stances, but never mention him.
What would happen to me if I interfered with the American Presidential election process?
That is what they are doing. Sure they can show what they want, it is thier show, but they should not be called news channels, they should be called opinion channels.

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 05:08 AM
I had thought for a while that the MSM was just ignoring Ron Paul.
The more I look at it, they are intentionally not reporting about him, or even saying his name.
We all have noticed how the MSM and most of the other canidates have started picking up some of Paul stances, but never mention him.
What would happen to me if I interfered with the American Presidential election process?
That is what they are doing. Sure they can show what they want, it is thier show, but they should not be called news channels, they should be called opinion channels.

exactly, of course they know of him. the realize that he makes sense and appeals to people who know of him. instead of reporting on ron paul they gradually adopt ron pauls position - of course hollow words without any record to prove their stance :mad: