PDA

View Full Version : Education Bills by Ron Paul

Michael Landon
05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Please take the time to write to your congressman/congresswoman and ask them to support the following Ron Paul House Resolutions regarding Education.

H.R. 4078: Education Professional Development Tax Credit Act of 2007
H.R. 1059: Teacher Tax Cut Act of 2007
H.R. 1060: Professional Educators Tax Relief Act of 2007

You can see a description of the bills in my letter below to my Congressman, Jim Oberstar.

You can find your representative here:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd

Dear Congressman Oberstar,

I'm writing to you in the hopes that you'll support and co-sponsor the following three House Resolutions regarding education. As you know education is one of the most important issues in the U.S. today. At a time when schools are seeing an increase in high school drop-outs and lower grades among those students that do graduate it is real important that we do everything we can to promote education and help the teachers that are trying to help the students. Schools are seeing their budgets cut and more teachers are having to go into their own pockets to provide materials to their students to help them learn.
Please co-sponsor the following bills and help our schools, our teachers, and most importantly our students.

The first is:
H.R. 4078: Education Professional Development Tax Credit Act of 2007

This bill would amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow elementary and secondary school teachers a credit against income tax for professional development and training expenses.

The second bill is:
H.R. 1059: Teacher Tax Cut Act of 2007

This bill would amend the Internal Revenue Code to provide a tax credit of $3,000 for full-time elementary and secondary school teachers.

And the third bill is:
H.R. 1060: Professional Educators Tax Relief Act of 2007

This bill would amend the Internal Revenue Code to allow employees of prekindergarten, elementary, and secondary schools a tax credit of up to $3,000 (adjusted annually for inflation after 2007). It requires such employees to hold positions involving: (1) regular contact with students; and (2) the formulation or implementation of the educational program for the school.

Thank you for taking the time to read this e-mail and I hope that you co-sponsor this bills.

- ML

danberkeley
05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
what? this cant be. obama is the champion of students and teachers. stop making things up. (sarcasm)

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Education is our only hope.

Michael Landon
05-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Please print any replies you receive from your Representative. Thanks.

- ML

Michael Landon
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Here's my Congressman's response:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you very much for expressing your concerns about several important issues. I am pleased to hear from you and appreciate having the benefit of your views.

I noted your comments, and I commend you for your interest in these issues. I will not try to comment on each of them, but want to assure you that I have noted your views and will keep them in mind as debate on matters of concern to you continues during the 110th Congress.

With best wishes.
Sincerely,
James L. Oberstar, M.C.

Anyone else get any responses?

- ML

Michael Landon
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Bump.

- ML