PDA

View Full Version : NYTimes. 5/25. SundayStyles, Above fold, Ron Paul, It's Not A Campaign It's A Mission

llepard
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
All press is good press.

Not what I would have written, but press none the less.

Worst call out line:

"One T-shirt has Mr. Paul sitting with the founding fathers, which is not to say they would have been on board for some of Mr. Paul's ideas"

Fuck you NYT. First of all he is Dr. Paul.

Second, you condescending immoral pieces of shit, what part of Dr. Paul's ideas would the founding fathers disagree with????? Huh?

You can't find one can you?

amonasro
05-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi llepard, nice to see you around.

It was a thinly-veiled hit piece if you ask me, just like the dozens of others that came out in major newspapers throughout the campaign. Sure, any press is good press, but what about when the press is used to manipulate public opinion? They compared Paul to a Marxist for god's sake!! Where do we draw the line?

They are severely underestimating the movement if you ask me... good thing the NYT is not owned by the GOP or there'd be hell to pay!

rational thinker
05-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm surprised you guys aren't used to it by now.

amonasro
05-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm surprised you guys aren't used to it by now.

I don't know about you, but i never get used to it. :mad:

rational thinker
05-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I get frusterated every once in a while, but they've been doing this since day one. It's become sort of expected.

scotto2008
05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I was interviewed for this piece, but I guess I didn't come off whacky enough (damn!!). I talked about how young RP fans were actually educating themselves in the works of Austrian economists, actually reading the constitution, memorizing the bill of rights, etc. I contrasted this to the Obama movement, which is just a Kennedy-esque emotional love-fest.

I guess having half a brain in this country makes you a radical. what do we expect?

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Perhaps the liberal press will begin to write a little more about Ron Paul in hopes of weakening McCain.