PDA

View Full Version : Major Republican firm lobbying to undermine Maliki

Bradley in DC
08-23-2007, 11:58 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

CRAWFORD, Texas (CNN) — A powerhouse Republican lobbying firm with close ties to the White House has begun a public campaign to undermine the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, CNN has confirmed.

This comes as President Bush is publicly taking great pains to reiterate his support for the embattled Iraqi leader, whose government has come under sharp criticism and scrutiny from Washington lawmakers and officials and Thursday's National Intelligence Estimate.

A senior Bush administration official told CNN the White House is aware of the lobbying campaign by Barbour Griffith & Rogers because the firm is "blasting e-mails all over town" criticizing al-Maliki and promoting the firm's client, former interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, as an alternative to the current Iraqi leader.

But the administration official insisted that White House officials are not privately involved or blessing the lobbying campaign to undermine al-Maliki. (TIME.com: Few good alternatives to al-Maliki)

"There's just no connection whatsoever," the offi

J4ck
08-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Ayad Allawi and the 'one party system' are behind this...some say this move is the proof for an upcoming new war against Iran.

RP4ME
08-30-2007, 08:48 PM
How is that? Please elborate.:confused:

Hook
08-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not making the connection.
Bradley, didn't you say you got one of those emails last week? I know someone here on the board was talking about this very thing before the news started talking about it.

J4ck
08-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Maliki is a Shia and Iran friendly. In fact is Iran the only reason why he is still alive. (al-Sadr want's to kill him)
He said that Iran is a stabilizing factor in Iraq, which is true, (they're even backing the same militias as the US) but that's not part of the neocon agenda, you understand.

Hook
08-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Who we back seems to change by the minute. I'm not sure how the "leaders" can even keep up.

J4ck
08-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Yeh...al-Qaeda in Iran and everybody who wants guns in Iraq.