PDA

View Full Version : SleepING in Seattle...

RonPaulVolunteer
05-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Why can we not find anyone in Seattle to be our meetup organizer so we bring the Freedom Tour there. Very sad. Not even so much as a reply from anyone up there.

Conza88
05-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Read an article awhile ago... it addressed, when someone was dieing.. you are more likely to survive if there are LESS people around.. i.e the more people, the less the individual feels it is their responsibility to help out.. someone ELSE will help out, THEY will step up to the plate and help..

When, for instance you are the ONLY person around, you have no choice but to be committed, they're life becomes your responsibility, you can't remain moral in your own eyes - thinking someone else will do it. You KNOW its, you or they die.

I would suggest this is happening.. you're in the middle of a crowd, you're calling for help - but no-one is going to volunteer, because they think someone else will.

What I would do; to solve this problem is - address them individually... contact the leaders of the meetup groups there, one on ONE.. Say to them, you are our last hope. The revolution coming to your city rests on your shoulders, will you help out? Its not hard - it only requires 2 hours. We need you. Kind regards... etc.

Tell me if that gets a better response rate.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Read an article awhile ago... it addressed, when someone was dieing.. you are more likely to survive if there are LESS people around.. i.e the more people, the less the individual feels it is their responsibility to help out.. someone ELSE will help out, THEY will step up to the plate and help..

When, for instance you are the ONLY person around, you have no choice but to be committed, they're life becomes your responsibility, you can't remain moral in your own eyes - thinking someone else will do it. You KNOW its, you or they die.

I would suggest this is happening.. you're in the middle of a crowd, you're calling for help - but no-one is going to volunteer, because they think someone else will.

What I would do; to solve this problem is - address them individually... contact the leaders of the meetup groups there, one on ONE.. Say to them, you are our last hope. The revolution coming to your city rests on your shoulders, will you help out? Its not hard - it only requires 2 hours. We need you. Kind regards... etc.

Tell me if that gets a better response rate.

The organizers of the meetups in the area HAVE already received emails. :(

scotto2008
05-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Why can we not find anyone in Seattle to be our meetup organizer so we bring the Freedom Tour there. Very sad. Not even so much as a reply from anyone up there.

I'll pm you with a name.

Conza88
05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
The organizers of the meetups in the area HAVE already received emails. :(

Yes, but were they given the impression that you were reaching out to everyone else? Not just them? [what did the email look like? :)]I'd suggest sending a second email, this time appealing to the frankness of the situation - make it all rest on their shoulders..

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2008, 01:17 AM

I would be your leader...but I reside in NJ. oh darn lol can I be your leader from here? hm

steph3n
05-25-2008, 06:27 AM
What about trying to reach Vijay that did the operation live free or die stuff? He is from seattle and surely knows someone!

his mail address is vijayb /AT\ seattleliberty.com

Roxi
05-25-2008, 07:05 AM
ill call vijay today as soon as the hour is appropriate... its like 6 am there now :)

JK/SEA
05-25-2008, 12:05 PM

Contact Maureen Moore. She's married to Lew Moore, and lives in Snohomish county near Everett and is the leader for RP campaign in Washington, (she MIGHT be able to hook you up) but i must warn you, we are all VERY busy getting ready for our State convention this week. Our meet ups are a bit fractured now due to convention, and we our focused on that right now. I would love to see this tour in Everett, but i'm not sure its that timely now for us. Might make for a great celebration party after we kick ass in Spokane. We have many cool places in the Everett Area for a gig like this.

I won't give out her email on this forum.

Good luck.

I am Ron Paul, and we are legion.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Thank you all, Seattle is ON THE TOUR!!!

Now is not too late to get ON THE TOUR if you have a large meetup and are serious about it. Even if you were NOT one of the cities originally chosen.

Email meetups@freedomtour08.com and tell us about it!

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Fighting for Ron Paul in Seattle!

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Thank you all, Seattle is ON THE TOUR!!!

Now is not too late to get ON THE TOUR if you have a large meetup and are serious about it. Even if you were NOT one of the cities originally chosen.

Email meetups@freedomtour08.com and tell us about it!

What is the date for Seattle?

Debbie Hopper
05-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Washington's state convention is next week and they're swamped right now. You might have better luck getting something lined up after the convention. Perhaps through the Delavars.