PDA

View Full Version : Can the Libertarians draft Ron Paul at their convention?

wgadget
05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Just wondering...

JosephTheLibertarian
05-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Just wondering...

Not going to happen

nate895
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Just wondering...

Against party rules, I believe.

crazyfingers
05-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I've read that there are a good amount of people with "Ron Paul" buttons there. I'm sure that they'll eventually end up supporting one of the declared candidates, though.

majinkoola
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Someone should change their name to Ron Paul and get nominated by the LP. Better yet, they should elect someone named Ronald Reagan or John F. Kennedy. The sheep would give them double digits on name recognition alone.:D

brandon
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Someone should change their name to Ron Paul and get nominated by the LP. Better yet, they should elect someone named Ronald Reagan or John F. Kennedy. The sheep would give them double digits on name recognition alone.:D

lol, they should change their name to John McCain.

MRoCkEd
05-24-2008, 06:22 PM
IF someone's legal name was John McCain and they got ballot access in all states - I wonder how many people would vote for him - 50-50 shot right?

nate895
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
IF someone's legal name was John McCain and they got ballot access in all states - I wonder how many people would vote for him - 50-50 shot right?

They usually indicate the party that nominated them. Also, they indicate a VP pick, so it might be like 75-25.

MRoCkEd
05-24-2008, 06:26 PM
They usually indicate the party that nominated them. Also, they indicate a VP pick, so it might be like 75-25.
find a VP named Huckabee
people will think they get to choose between 2 VP tickets

Akus
05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Jesus Christ when will you people ever let go this Ron Paul third party crap? What will he have to do to make it any more clear, any more black and white, zero room for interpretation? What is it about "I have no intentions to run as a third party" that is still puzzling to some of you?

AJ Antimony
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Jesus Christ when will you people ever let go this Ron Paul third party crap? What will he have to do to make it any more clear, any more black and white, zero room for interpretation? What is it about "I have no intentions to run as a third party" that is still puzzling to some of you?

He asked a yes or no question that had nothing to do with your comment.

rajibo
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM

The fact that he has always said "I have no intention" and "I have no plans" and "I'm 99% sure" and "as sure as I can be" , but has never said "I will absolutely, positively, 100% not run as anything other than a republican" leaves a little bit of room for interpretation.

MRoCkEd
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
he used to say that, but now his answer is simply "no"