PDA

View Full Version : Will the Revolution draft Gov. Mark Sanford 2012?

gaazn
05-24-2008, 12:49 PM
from AP story:

"A new law bars the public from finding out who can carry concealed weapons in South Carolina...

Sanford considers the permitting itself — requiring someone to get a concealed-weapon permit to carry a gun — an infringement on the Second Amendment. Carrying a gun, concealed or not, should be a personal, not governmental, decision, he wrote."

---

This is classic Sanford, signing the law to prevent concealed weapons list from being public information, while at the same time arguing that there shouldn't even be concealed weapons permits to begin with.

MRoCkEd
05-24-2008, 01:05 PM
i hear a lot about him on these forums - but not where he stands on iraq

gaazn
05-24-2008, 01:11 PM
From the State of the Union address 2005:

"I don’t know how the situation in Iraq sorts itself out, but I do know the war spreads a gray cloud over what happens next in any economy until it is settled. Wars are expensive, both to the soldier and the taxpayer. On the taxpayer front, we’re now spending $6 billion per month in Iraq, this state’s budget for the entire year, and for the soldiers in the field, the costs are far greater. Twenty-nine South Carolinians have now been killed in the fighting overseas."

--

Doesn't sound like Bush or McCain...

LibertyEagle
05-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah well, he sure didn't stand up for Dr. Paul. He lost a lot of luster in my eyes, when he failed to do that.

skyorbit
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM
No. He Refused to Endorse Ron Paul when it mattered.

Tracy

weslinder
05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
If we are going to elect someone that shares our values in 2012, Mark Sanford is the most electable. I wish he would have endorsed Ron Paul, too, but looking forward, we have to work with him. He's the best current governor, and better than anyone in the Senate.

Kotin
05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I hope so.

he would be great!

RSLudlum
05-24-2008, 01:55 PM
He refused to edorse anybody bc. in his mind that would mean campaigning for the candidate and he stated his duty as Governor took priority over any endorsement.

I really don't care if he endorsed RP or not but what I do care about is what policies Gov. Sanford believes in and practices. He is constantly bashing the federal gov't on it's policies, esp. on fiscal issues........[searching for article]////

SC governor slams GOP on eve of debate
by Mark Sanford
source (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0507/3974.html)

...Let's face it: My party, the Republicans, have been in control, and they have blown it when it comes to government spending. The fine-print disclaimer on the demise of the Republican Congress should read: "We really didn't want less control of your money -- we just wanted to put it toward a few different causes."...

The late Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman once said that the ultimate measure of government is what it spends. While it is certainly not the only measure, it is an awfully important one for the way it drives government's thirst for taxes and crowds out the private sector....

read more here (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0507/3974.html)

nate895
05-24-2008, 02:15 PM
I like Sanford and I think he'd be the only hope of nomination in 2012 unless someone started raising money this December and putting his/her name out there starting then. Also, he'd deliver a key state as far as the primaries go.

Bradley in DC
05-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Count me a fan.

PatriotOne
05-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I was just thinking about Sanford yesterday as a possible 2012 candidate. It's not too early to be considering who to promote for the next election. Now that all the hard lessons have been learned duiring this cycle and we know what needs to be overcome, well, ........

JMann
05-24-2008, 03:52 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if McCain picks Sanford to try and secure in the libertarian wing of the party if Barr wins the nomination for the LP.

It was correct for Sanford to point all the cost of the war at 6 billion a month but what he should point out as even more absurd is that the Fed's collect about 30 billion a day.

Alex Libman
05-24-2008, 04:18 PM

This. :mad:

brianewart
05-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Sanford is a great candidate. So what if he didn't endorse Ron Paul? He didn't endorse McCain either.

Here's what matters:

1) He's good on THE ISSUES

2) He can win an election.

Combine the two and you get the end result we are all looking for. Liberty and constitutional government.

0zzy
05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh em geee stop wetting yourselves cause he didn't endorse Paul, he didn't endorse anyone! Paul's campaign refused to show that it was viable and Stanford did not endorse.

brianewart
05-25-2008, 11:56 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if McCain picks Sanford to try and secure in the libertarian wing of the party if Barr wins the nomination for the LP.

McCain despises the libertarian wing of the party. He invited Jindal, Romney and Crist to his ranch this weekend. He did not invite Sanford. I'd interpret that to mean that Sanford is not on the VP shortlist.

Or maybe he didn't WANT to be on the shortlist. That wouldn't surprise me either.

RSLudlum
05-26-2008, 12:10 AM
McCain despises the libertarian wing of the party. He invited Jindal, Romney and Crist to his ranch this weekend. He did not invite Sanford. I'd interpret that to mean that Sanford is not on the VP shortlist.

Or maybe he didn't WANT to be on the shortlist. That wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't think Sanford wants his true conservative credentials to be tainted with McCain (and SC Sen. Graham's for that matter) brand of damaged goods. Graham has caught alot of flack here in SC on immigration lately.

Printo
05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh em geee stop wetting yourselves cause he didn't endorse Paul, he didn't endorse anyone! Paul's campaign refused to show that it was viable and Stanford did not endorse.

True.

I think Mark Sanford would be perfect for the Revolution. He's extremely electable & he is exactly what we need to gain further credibility in the GOP and to keep the Revolution strong.

If we want to continue this Revolution, we need viable & electable candidates. That's the plain truth whether many of us want to admit it or not.

Americans don't vote for the most qualified. They vote based on popularity & charisma. American voters are stupid.

We need a candidate that is both qualified and can appeal to the stupid American voter. Mark Sanford is the man for the job.

Tarzan
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Tracy

I wouldn't be too upset with Sanford on this issue.
Ron Paul and his campaign staff refused to mount a serious campaign for President when it mattered.

Like Printo and others have said... we need to find someone who really wants to win... and fully vet that candidate... and make the serious choices and plans necessary to get them elected.

rancher89
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I like Sanford also. A friend of mine's nephew was on an airplane and stuck up a conversation with his seatmate--turned out to be Sanford on his way back from a trip with his kids. It was a great story about an ordinary man with his kids, who just happens to be the Gov of SC. That's not my real reason for liking him, just a nice little side note.

He is personable, likeable, well-spoken, principled and tough. He would be great as POTUS.

Printo
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
On CNN in the Situation Room, and they just mentioned how Mark Sanford was being looked at as a potential McCain VP. I thought that was extremely odd.

RSLudlum
05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Sanford just shot down an attempt by our congress to raise cigarette taxes by 50cents....He outright vetoed the bill saying that they did not adhere to his policy of any new taxes have to be coupled with a greater/equal cut in taxes...I love it ;)

Screw the cigarette tax, does anybody here want to help me lobby for a 'french fry tax' to help ease the revenue needed to fund social government funded cholesterol treatment programs/healthcare!!! :rolleyes:

Printo
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I think Sanford would be the perfect candidate to run for president in 2012, there were talks of him running for this year but obviously didnt work out.

rancher89
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
He was supposed to be at the NC state convention, but had to back out due to "family concerns." I hope all is well at his hut.....

RSLudlum
05-27-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Things You Didn't Know About Mark Sanford
Sanford is a potential running mate for John McCain
By Bobbie Kyle Sauer
Posted May 22, 2008
source (http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/campaign-2008/2008/05/22/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-mark-sanford.html)

Sen. John McCain disclosed that he is in the "embryonic stages" of selecting a running mate, whom he hopes to introduce at the Republican National Convention. While he refused to disclose any names, McCain told reporters that the list is about 20 deep, and "it's every name imaginable." This is one of a series of profiles on the candidates we imagine might be on his list and some things you might not know about the maybe veeps. See the full list here.

Mark Sanford is the governor of South Carolina and is thought to be a possible running mate for McCain.

1. Marshall Clement Sanford Jr., the eldest son of Marshall and Peggy Sanford, was born May 28,1960, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He was given the nickname Mark so he wouldn't be confused with his father.

2. As children, Mark and his siblings—John, Bill, and Sarah—spent their summers and holidays with their parents on the family farm in Beaufort County, S.C.

3. The summer after Mark's junior year of high school, his father, a cardiologist, was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. Later that summer, his father moved Mark, his mother, and siblings permanently to their South Carolina farm.

4. Sanford studied at Furman University, where he earned a B.A. in business. He went on to get an M.B.A. from the University of Virginia. After graduation, he worked at the New York office of Goldman Sachs. While in New York, he went by his birth name, Marshall. Upon returning to South Carolina, he switched back to using Mark.

5. Mark married Illinois native and Georgetown alumni Jenny Sullivan in 1989. The couple met in the Hamptons while they both were working in New York.

6. In 1994, with no previous political experience, Sanford was elected to Congress. One promise he made during his campaign was to serve only three terms. Sanford kept his promise and left Congress in 2001.

7. While in the House, he didn't accept his allowance for housing; he slept in his office instead.

8. Sanford was elected governor of South Carolina in 2002 and was re-elected in 2006. As governor, he holds "Open Door After Four" sessions at his office. These sessions allow citizens a five-minute appointment to speak with him.

9. Governor Sanford celebrated his election and re-election with barbecues. He preferred a casual celebration to the traditional inaugural ball. Both barbecues were held at the Watermelon Shed at the state farmers' market in Columbia.

10. The governor's hobbies include windsurfing, working on his family farm, and running.

yeah, some may grumble about his past affiliation with Goldman Sachs but maybe he learned something about money and the system there that has steered his policies while in elected office.

How many US House Reps have ever done #7?

I'm surprised they didn't include the stint when he brought 2 pigs in the SC State House in protest to the House overturning his vetoes on 'pork filled' bills!!! :D

brianewart
05-29-2008, 12:59 AM
I think Sanford is more of a Paleo than a Libertarian, but if he was heading up a major-party ticket, he'd be too good to pass up.

BKom
05-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Sanford looks like the guy for four years from now. I'd rate him the best governor in the country and maybe the best of the last 20 years. Fiscally, he's hands down the best. Gun rights, ditto.

The fact that he didn't endorse RP doesn't bother me at all. By mid January we all saw that the campaign wasn't a serious attempt to win. And those of us who participated in the belief that RP wanted the job were already becoming frustrated. What politician with the potential to be an outstanding candidate for president himself would hitch himself to a campaign like that? It would have shown poor judgment.

If Sanford had gotten into the race this year, I don't think RP would have bothered. I consider Mark Sanford to be just about as good as Ron Paul on the issues (although not perfect) without any of the baggage.

Penners
05-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I live in NC about 10 miles from the SC border so every time Mark Sanford does something we hear about it. I really like this guy! Would love to see him make the move in 2012!

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
There's really only one thing that matters. Has Sanford ever advocated abolishing the Fed? If not, then thinking about him in terms of the rEVOLution is a waste of time.

Richie
05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Not particularly fond of Sanford. I think Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico, is the most electable heir to the revolution. He even endorsed Ron Paul, unlike Sanford. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_E._Johnson

revolutionary8
06-06-2008, 10:55 PM
BILDERBERG MEETING
"Chantilly, Virginia, USA"
5-8 June 2008
CURRENT LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

Honorary Chairman
BEL "Davignon, Etienne" "Vice Chairman, Suez-Tractebel"

DEU "Ackermann, Josef" "Chairman of the Management Board and the Group Executive Committee, Deutsche Bank AG"
CAN "Adams, John" Associate Deputy Minister of National Defence and Chief of the Communications Security Establishment Canada
USA "Ajami, Fouad" "Director, Middle East Studies Program, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, The Johns Hopkins University"
USA "Alexander, Keith B." "Director, National Security Agency"
INT "Almunia, Joaquín " "Commissioner, European Commission"
GRC "Alogoskoufis, George" Minister of Economy and Finance
USA "Altman, Roger C." "Chairman, Evercore Partners Inc."
TUR "Babacan, Ali " Minister of Foreign Affairs
NLD "Balkenende, Jan Peter" Prime Minister
PRT "Balsemão, Francisco Pinto" "Chairman and CEO, IMPRESA, S.G.P.S.; Former Prime Minister"
FRA "Baverez, Nicolas" "Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP"
ITA "Bernabè, Franco" "CEO, Telecom Italia Spa"
USA "Bernanke, Ben S." "Chairman, Board of Governors, Federal Reserve System"
SWE "Bildt, Carl" Minister of Foreign Affairs
FIN "Blåfield, Antti " "Senior Editorial Writer, Helsingin Sanomat"
DNK "Bosse, Stine" "CEO, TrygVesta"
CAN "Brodie, Ian " "Chief of Staff, Prime Minister's Office"
AUT "Bronner, Oscar" "Publisher and Editor, Der Standard"
FRA "Castries, Henri de " "Chairman of the Management Board and CEO, AXA"
ESP "Cebrián, Juan Luis" "CEO, PRISA"
CAN "Clark, Edmund" "President and CEO, TD Bank Financial Group"
GBR "Clarke, Kenneth" Member of Parliament
NOR "Clemet, Kristin" "Managing Director, Civita"
USA "Collins, Timothy C." "Senior Managing Director and CEO, Ripplewood Holdings, LLC"
FRA "Collomb, Bertrand" "Honorary Chairman, Lafarge"
PRT "Costa, António" Mayor of Lisbon
USA "Crocker, Chester A." James R. Schlesinger Professor of Strategic Studies
USA "Daschle, Thomas A." Former US Senator and Senate Majority Leader
CAN "Desmarais, Jr., Paul " "Chairman and co-CEO, Power Corporation of Canada"
GRC "Diamantopoulou, Anna" Member of Parliament
USA "Donilon, Thomas E." "Partner, O'Melveny & Myers"
ITA "Draghi, Mario" "Governor, Banca d'Italia"
AUT "Ederer, Brigitte" "CEO, Siemens AG Österreich"
CAN "Edwards, N. Murray " "Vice Chairman, Candian Natural Resources Limited"

DNK "Eldrup, Anders " "President, DONG A/S"
ITA "Elkann, John" "Vice Chairman, Fiat S.p.A."
USA "Farah, Martha J." "Director, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience; Walter H. Annenberg Professor in the Natural Sciences, University of Pennsylvania"
USA "Feldstein, Martin S." "President and CEO, National Bureau of Economic Research"
DEU "Fischer, Joschka" Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
USA "Ford, Jr., Harold E." "Vice Chairman, Merill Lynch & Co., Inc."
CHE "Forstmoser, Peter" "Professor for Civil, Corporation and Capital Markets Law, University of Zürich"
IRL "Gallagher, Paul " Attorney General
USA "Geithner, Timothy F. " "President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York"
USA "Gigot, Paul " "Editorial Page Editor, The Wall Street Journal"
IRL "Gleeson, Dermot " "Chairman, AIB Group"
NLD "Goddijn, Harold" "CEO, TomTom"
TUR "Gögüs, Zeynep " "Journalist; Founder, EurActiv.com.tr"
USA "Graham, Donald E." "Chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company"
NLD "Halberstadt, Victor" "Professor of Economics, Leiden University; Former Honorary Secretary General of Bilderberg Meetings"
USA "Holbrooke, Richard C. " "Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC"
FIN "Honkapohja, Seppo" "Member of the Board, Bank of Finland"
INT "Hoop Scheffer, Jaap G. de" "Secretary General, NATO"
USA "Hubbard, Allan B." "Chairman, E & A Industries, Inc."
BEL "Huyghebaert, Jan" "Chairman of the Board of Directors, KBC Group"
DEU "Ischinger, Wolfgang" Former Ambassador to the UK and US
USA "Jacobs, Kenneth" "Deputy Chairman, Head of Lazard U.S., Lazard Frères & Co. LLC"
USA "Johnson, James A." "Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC" (Obama's man tasked with selecting his running mate)
SWE "Johnstone, Tom " "President and CEO, AB SKF"
USA "Jordan, Jr., Vernon E." "Senior Managing Director, Lazard Frères & Co. LLC"
FRA "Jouyet, Jean-Pierre " Minister of European Affairs
GBR "Kerr, John " "Member, House of Lords; Deputy Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc."
USA "Kissinger, Henry A." "Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Inc."
DEU "Klaeden, Eckart von" "Foreign Policy Spokesman, CDU/CSU"
USA "Kleinfeld, Klaus" "President and COO, Alcoa"
TUR "Koç, Mustafa " "Chairman, Koç Holding A.S."
FRA "Kodmani, Bassma" "Director, Arab Reform Initiative"
USA "Kravis, Henry R." "Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co."
USA "Kravis, Marie-Josée" "Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, Inc."
INT "Kroes, Neelie " "Commissioner, European Commission"
POL "Kwasniewski, Aleksander " Former President
AUT "Leitner, Wolfgang" "CEO, Andritz AG"
ESP "León Gross, Bernardino" "Secretary General, Office of the Prime Minister"
INT "Mandelson, Peter" "Commissioner, European Commission"
FRA "Margerie, Christophe de" "CEO, Total"
CAN "Martin, Roger" "Dean, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto"
HUN "Martonyi, János" "Professor of International Trade Law; Partner, Baker & McKenzie; Former Minister of Foreign Affairs"
USA "Mathews, Jessica T. " "President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace"

INT "McCreevy, Charlie " "Commissioner, European Commission"
USA "McDonough, William J." "Vice Chairman and Special Advisor to the Chairman, Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc."
CAN "McKenna, Frank" "Deputy Chair, TD Bank Financial Group"
GBR "McKillop, Tom " "Chairman, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group"
FRA "Montbrial, Thierry de" "President, French Institute for International Relations"
ITA "Monti, Mario" "President, Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi"
USA "Mundie, Craig J. " "Chief Research and Strategy Officer, Microsoft Corporation"
NOR "Myklebust, Egil" "Former Chairman of the Board of Directors SAS, Norsk Hydro ASA"
DEU "Nass, Matthias" "Deputy Editor, Die Zeit"
NLD "Netherlands, H.M. the Queen of the"
FRA "Ockrent, Christine" "CEO, French television and radio world service"
FIN "Ollila, Jorma" "Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc"
SWE "Olofsson, Maud " Minister of Enterprise and Energy; Deputy Prime Minister
NLD "Orange, H.R.H. the Prince of"
GBR "Osborne, George" Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer
TUR "Öztrak, Faik" Member of Parliament
ITA "Padoa-Schioppa, Tommaso " Former Minister of Finance; President of Notre Europe
GRC "Papahelas, Alexis" "Journalist, Kathimerini"
GRC "Papalexopoulos, Dimitris" "CEO, Titan Cement Co. S.A."
USA "Paulson, Jr., Henry M." Secretary of the Treasury
USA "Pearl, Frank H." "Chairman and CEO, Perseus, LLC"
USA "Perle, Richard N." "Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research"
FRA "Pérol, François" Deputy General Secretary in charge of Economic Affairs
DEU "Perthes, Volker" "Director, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik"
BEL "Philippe, H.R.H. Prince"
CAN "Prichard, J. Robert S." "President and CEO, Torstar Corporation"
CAN "Reisman, Heather M." "Chair and CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc."
USA "Rice, Condoleezza" Secretary of State
PRT "Rio, Rui " Mayor of Porto
USA "Rockefeller, David " "Former Chairman, Chase Manhattan Bank"
ESP "Rodriguez Inciarte, Matias" "Executive Vice Chairman, Grupo Santander"
USA "Rose, Charlie" "Producer, Rose Communications"
DNK "Rose, Flemming" "Editor, Jyllands Posten"
USA "Ross, Dennis B." "Counselor and Ziegler Distinguished Fellow, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy"
USA "Rubin, Barnett R." "Director of Studies and Senior Fellow, Center for International Cooperation, New York University"
TUR "Sahenk, Ferit " "Chairman, Dogus Holding A.S."
USA "Sanford, Mark" Governor of South Carolina
USA "Schmidt, Eric" "Chairman of the Executive Committee and CEO, Google"
AUT "Scholten, Rudolf " "Member of the Board of Executive Directors, Oesterreichische Kontrollbank AG"
DNK "Schur, Fritz H. " Fritz Schur Gruppen
CZE "Schwarzenberg, Karel " Minister of Foreign Affairs
USA "Sebelius, Kathleen" Governor of Kansas
USA "Shultz, George P." "Thomas W. and Susan B. Ford Distinguished Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University"

ESP "Spain, H.M. the Queen of"
CHE "Spillmann, Markus" "Editor-in-Chief and Head Managing Board, Neue Zürcher Zeitung AG"
USA "Summers, Lawrence H." "Charles W. Eliot Professor, Harvard University"
GBR "Taylor, J. Martin" "Chairman, Syngenta International AG"
USA "Thiel, Peter A." "President, Clarium Capital Management, LLC"
NLD "Timmermans, Frans " Minister of European Affairs
RUS "Trenin, Dmitri V." "Deputy Director and Senior Associate, Carnegie Moscow Center"
INT "Trichet, Jean-Claude" "President, European Central Bank"
USA "Vakil, Sanam" "Assistant Professor of Middle East Studies, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University"
FRA "Valls, Manuel " Member of Parliament
GRC "Varvitsiotis, Thomas" "Co-Founder and President, V + O Communication"
CHE "Vasella, Daniel L." "Chairman and CEO, Novartis AG"
FIN "Väyrynen, Raimo" "Director, The Finnish Institute of International Affairs"
FRA "Védrine, Hubert" Hubert Védrine Conseil
NOR "Vollebaek, Knut" "High Commissioner on National Minorities, OSCE"
SWE "Wallenberg, Jacob" "Chairman, Investor AB"
USA "Weber, J. Vin" "CEO, Clark & Weinstock"
USA "Wolfensohn, James D. " "Chairman, Wolfensohn & Company, LLC"
USA "Wolfowitz, Paul " "Visiting Scholar, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research"
INT "Zoellick, Robert B. " "President, The World Bank Group"

Rapporteurs
GBR "Bredow, Vendeline von" "Business Correspondent, The Economist"
GBR "Wooldridge, Adrian D." "Foreign Correspondent, The Economist"
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2008/060608_b_list.htm

Truth Warrior
06-07-2008, 04:31 AM
What's Mark doing at Bilderberg? :eek:

christagious
06-07-2008, 08:48 AM
What's Mark doing at Bilderberg? :eek:

good question. selling his soul I guess

Peace&Freedom
06-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Sanford & Bilderberg = TOTAL DEALKILLER.

Truth Warrior
06-07-2008, 10:27 AM
good question. selling his soul I guess
I wonder what a soul goes for these days? :D Politicians, a dime a dozen?

christagious
06-07-2008, 12:24 PM

well, with the devalued dollar I'd say a dime a half dozen maybe

Penners
06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
SOOOOOO Disappointing.... I really liked him until i read he was at Bilderberg. Perhaps he was invited to be chastised for going against their plan.

RSLudlum
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM

find out here: http://www.wewantyoursoul.com/ :D

revolutionary8
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Count me a fan.
For being "right in the middle of it" and "IN DC", and "hip on 'it'" you sure seem clueless.

sorry Bradley, I have held off long enough.

I'll turn that down a notch for the PC folk(lore) and add that it might be possible we are dealing with the Blinded By Love factor.
Distance can be an advantage.