PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: "We're going to St. Paul whether they invite us or not!"

qwerty
05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUX4XM28xQ

:cool:

parke
05-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Rand better get involved and run for senate!

parke
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
No Ron Paul Delegates In Nv??????

crazyfingers
05-23-2008, 10:11 PM
No Ron Paul Delegates In Nv??????

He was saying that they might end up not reconvening the convention, because they'd rather send no delegates at all than allow some Ron Paul ones.

This is the first time I've seen him speak. I was quite impressed. He very much resembles his father...

ronpaulhawaii
05-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I gotta call tonight about this, preliminary planning for a 290 mile 3 week walk from Green Bay to St Paul. Supposedly RP wants to walk the last miles. The plan is to start with at least 87 people (able to make th whole march, and pick up mass along the way.

More to come... :D

libertarian4321
05-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Its going to look a little funny on TV when all the states get up with their "The great state of whatever commits its xx delegates to John McWar" and there is nothing but silence from Nevada...

soapmistress
05-24-2008, 08:00 AM
"...this is disgusting. We have a chance for one big final push - it hasn't been fully announced yet but it will be up on the website soon.. we're going to St Paul whether they invite us or not!"

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember RP himself saying he would be speaking nearby if he was not invited to speak at the convention. I believe something big is going to happen. I used to be 50/50 about it but no more. TS will HTF

pauletteNV
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
There should be by the delegates who were present at the NV State Convention, but they recessed it and, frankly, it is beginning to look like "they" would rather there be no votes for Ron Paul from NV than allow a honest representation of the wishes of the voters of Nevada. The first 7 votes (district delegates) out of a possible 9 appear to have gone to Ron Paul. Before any other voting could take place, the gavel fell. The platform that was voted and approved was very good...pro Revolution. Apparently, there was an offer of a "deal" to Ron Paul and if it wasn't accepted, then no votes. But, by the latest activity (see posts under Nevada section), it appears as though NV GOP hq is saying they will reconvene the convention. We'll see. Some are convinced they will just keep delaying until it is too late.

torchbearer
05-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Ok, I'm going to saint paul as a rump delegate from Louisiana.
I was a national nominee that lost due to the Leadership breaking 5 of their own rules.
We need delegations from every state.
Anyone who can go!
By showing up you are a delegate in the spirit of the word.

xCakex
05-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm excited for this. The date draws near.

rancher89
05-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I first saw Rand in Boston at the Tea Party and was impressed, this video validates my first impression.

Maybe he WILL run for office, that would be an improvement for sure.

I worry about the rally in St Paul, the neocons will do anything to discredit us.

ronpaulhawaii
05-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I worry about the rally in St Paul, the neocons will do anything to discredit us.

I believe we are better than that and will rise to the occasion.

"On bended knees I asked for bread and I have received stone instead", Gandhi remarked, and making good his promise, he set out on March 12 with seventy-eight of his followers and disciples from Sabarmati Ashram on the 241-mile march to Dandi on the sea. All along the way, he addressed large crowds, and with each passing day an increasing number of people joined Gandhi on the march.

"Staff in hand he goes along the dusty roads of Gujarat", Nehru had written of Gandhi, "clear-eyed and firm of step, with his faithful band trudging along behind him. Many a journey he has undertaken in the past, many a weary road traversed. But longer than any that have gone before is this last journey of his, and many are the obstacles in his way. But the fire of a great resolve is in him and surpassing love of his miserable countrymen. And love of truth that scorches and love of freedom that inspires. And none that passed him can escape the spell, and men of common clay feel the spark of live. It is a long journey,...
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/southasia/History/Gandhi/Dandi.html

rancher89
05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I hope you are right ronpaulhawaii, I'll be a prisoner inside, if you decide to storm the gates pm me, OK

torchbearer
05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Are we taking a walk to St. Paul?

torchbearer
05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I hope you are right ronpaulhawaii, I'll be a prisoner inside, if you decide to storm the gates pm me, OK

If i text you 1776, get down and cover your head immediately.

MRoCkEd
05-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe he WILL run for office, that would be an improvement for sure.

yeah - his daddy could campaign with him :cool:

mikeycapz
05-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Senator Rand Paul sounds good. Why doesn't he run for senate?