PDA

View Full Version : July 12th Revolution March in Washington D.C.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I've been away from the internet for a little over a month now and just found out about the date and everything.

I'm curious to know if it's being properly promoted. You know, with YouTube videos, MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Meetup groups, websites and whatever else was used to make the November 5th and December 16th moneybombs so successful.

I don't want to make plans to attend only to find out it's just some fly-by-night throw together job like the Granny Warriors' sad, 1,000+ person April 15, 2008 tax day march was.

ronpaulhawaii
05-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Not a fly-by-night

Check the March subforum and go to www.revolutionmarch.com (http://www.revolutionmarch.com) , things are gelling

not to be missed

AJ Antimony
05-23-2008, 10:32 PM
I share your concern. Personally I haven't heard anything about the march other than its date and place. I haven't even heard anyone talk about advertising.

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I share your concern. Personally I haven't heard anything about the march other than its date and place. I haven't even heard anyone talk about advertising.

You must be blind

Did you check the pledge counter which btw stopped long time ago ?

:D

Oyate
05-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Wells believe it or not, there's a team working almost full time on this march. They been at it for weeks. I happen to know because I'm one of them.

I understand how it seems like "nothing is happening". I understand how "if nobody else is going then I'm not either". And I understand how a person might say "if there's only going to be 1000 people I'm not going".

I understand those sentiments but I'm not listening.

We're doing this event. We're doing it if it's only 5 of us and Ron Paul. Because we made a promise to America.

I'm doing this because I love my land, my country and my people. I do what I do because of who I am. I do what I do whether anybody cares to do it with me or not.

Recall the early YouTubes and "Hope For America". I used to watch those with tears streaming down my face because I've been waiting all my life to see that fire burn in the hearts and minds of Americans. I cried for pure joy because for once in my life I knew I wasn't alone. "Sonabitch" I said to myself. "Sonabitch, it's working" I said. "My people are still alive and kicking" I said.

I know the power of love. Love never gives up, never looses hope. Love cannot be beaten, it never goes away. When it seems to disappear, it has only changed form.

Examine your heart. If you need people to do it with you, this is not you giving love, this is you needing it.

And if the love of 1000 dedicated activists isn't good enough for you, then you really need to come to DC and experience it.

If the love of 1000 activists seems small to you, how many people came to your last birthday party?

When was the last time 1000 activists said "I will give my money, my time and my energy to you and you owe me nothing in return"?

And if you find there was no last time, well, let this be the first time.

Say what you will of Granny Warriors, but nobody can say they aren't warriors. nobody can say they didn't lay another block in our foundation.

And nobody is going to say we didn't build on that foundation. Or maybe they will, but they will be wrong. Everything makes a difference. We make a difference.

The difference is action as opposed to inaction. The difference is hope as opposed to hopelessness. The difference is freedom as opposed to slavery. The difference is light as opposed to darkness.

It's said that darkness cannot tolerate even a single spark of light. As soon as there is light, darkness is defeated.

You and me and everybody in this forum is a spark of light. And with this spark, any one of these sparks, we can make a fire.

And now the whammy:

You sing in darkness, you sing alone. You sing together, you sing in light.

If you are in darkness or sing alone, you really, really need to come to DC.

Loneliness and isolation are destructive to the human spirit. They use it as a form of torture in Guantanamo. Truth is, humans need each other to survive. Literally.

So come to DC even if there are just 10 of us. Because here is the spirit-math:

There has to be one (1) brave voice, but this attracts 10 voices and these become 1000 and these become millions.

And this has already happened. Look at the primary count numbers. We have our ones, our hundreds, our thousands and new we can count ourselves in millions.

Now I am sure you are dedicated and if you don't do this march, you will do something else to help. I believe this because you are here talking. But on the off-chance you are saying you will only be a patriot if somebody else does it with you, for you or you'll only do it if X number of people do it with you,

well...............

I'm taking the Tiffany necklace I bought you for your birthday (birthright) and I'm giving it to my niece.

Freedom baby. Love it or loose it.

ronpaulhawaii
05-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Wells believe it or not, there's a team working almost full time on this march. They been at it for weeks. I happen to know because I'm one of them.

I understand how it seems like "nothing is happening". I understand how "if nobody else is going then I'm not either". And I understand how a person might say "if there's only going to be 1000 people I'm not going".

We're doing this event. We're doing it if it's only 5 of us and Ron Paul. Because we made a promise to America.

I'm doing this because I love my land, my country and my people. I do what I do because of who I am. I do what I do whether anybody cares to do it with me or not.

Recall the early YouTubes and "Hope For America". I used to watch those with tears streaming down my face because I've been waiting all my life to see that fire burn in the hearts and minds of Americans. I cried for pure joy because for once in my life I knew I wasn't alone. "Sonabitch" I said to myself. "Sonabitch, it's working" I said. "My people are still alive and kicking" I said.

I know the power of love. Love never gives up, never looses hope. Love cannot be beaten, it never goes away. When it seems to disappear, it has only changed form.

Examine your heart. If you need people to do it with you, this is not you giving love, this is you needing it.

And if the love of 1000 dedicated activists isn't good enough for you, then you really need to come to DC and experience it.

If the love of 1000 activists seems small to you, how many people came to your last birthday party?

When was the last time 1000 activists said "I will give my money, my time and my energy to you and you owe me nothing in return"?

Say what you will of Granny Warriors, but nobody can say they aren't warriors. nobody can say they didn't lay another block in our foundation.

And nobody is going to say we didn't build on that foundation. Or maybe they will, but they will be wrong. Everything makes a difference. We make a difference.

The difference is action as opposed to inaction. The difference is hope as opposed to hopelessness. The difference is freedom as opposed to slavery. The difference is light as opposed to darkness.

It's said that darkness cannot tolerate even a single spark of light. As soon as there is light, darkness is defeated.

You and me and everybody in this forum is a spark of light. And with this spark, any one of these sparks, we can make a fire.

And now the whammy:

Loneliness and isolation are destructive to the human spirit. They use it as a form of torture in Guantanamo. Truth is, humans need each other to survive. Literally.

There has to be one (1) brave voice, but this attracts 10 voices and these become 1000 and these become millions.

And this has already happened. Look at the primary count numbers. We have our ones, our hundreds, our thousands and new we can count ourselves in millions.

Now I am sure you are dedicated and if you don't do this march, you will do something else to help. I believe this because you are here talking. But on the off-chance you are saying you will only be a patriot if somebody else does it with you, for you or you'll only do it if X number of people do it with you,

well...............

I'm taking the Tiffany necklace I bought you for your birthday (birthright) and I'm giving it to my niece.

:)

Deborah K
05-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Trevor, you are my hero. I love ya, man.

Drsteveparent
05-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Trevor this is going to be a huge success wothout a doubt.

How do i know?

I feel it in my heart.

Keep up the great work all of you.

newyearsrevolution08
05-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Is there a real pr person working on this effort though? I am NOT talking about trevors email list either.....

I hope there are REAL efforts being done to get people OUTSIDE of this forum going.

rayzer
05-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Is there a real pr person working on this effort though? I am NOT talking about trevors email list either.....

I hope there are REAL efforts being done to get people OUTSIDE of this forum going.

No offense, but have you bothered to look at the site before you ask these questions?

http://www.RevolutionMarch.com

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/boardbios.aspx

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/contact.aspx

scotto2008
05-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm curious to know if it's being properly promoted. You know, with YouTube videos, MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Meetup groups, websites and whatever else was used to make the November 5th and December 16th moneybombs so successful.

I just posted a new music video that mentions it several times.

Deborah K
05-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I just posted a new music video that mentions it several times.

Scott, would you be willing to add the words,"March on DC July 12 2008" to the title of your video? It would sure get us more exposure when people type that in.

BTW, love your vid!! Thank you for the all the hard work that went into it. I'll get it added to our vid page.

kittyc
05-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I've been away from the internet for a little over a month now and just found out about the date and everything.

I don't want to make plans to attend only to find out it's just some fly-by-night throw together job like the Granny Warriors' sad, 1,000+ person April 15, 2008 tax day march was.

The Freedom Rally in D.C. was not some "fly by night throw together job". Granny (Linda) had the permits for this event in February 2008. Everything was taken care of, all people had to do was show up. At least those 1,000 + people made an effort for the Revolution, what did you do??

yaz
05-25-2008, 08:39 PM
for the record, i didn't pledge but i'm going.

scotto2008
05-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Scott, would you be willing to add the words,"March on DC July 12 2008" to the title of your video? It would sure get us more exposure when people type that in.

BTW, love your vid!! Thank you for the all the hard work that went into it. I'll get it added to our vid page.

Thanks! I wish I could add those words, but youtube won't let you edit it after the fact -- you have to start from scratch.

I may make a DVD of it, and I could add it then.

berrybunches
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
I want to say that I did pledge but at least 6 others that did not pledge are coming with me! :)

I am going no matter what!
I am also planning my vacation for that week also, I have never been in DC

I do not think the March can afford a paid pr person (sorry if I am wrong) and I do share concerns that grassroots isn't more involved with this.

ronpaulhawaii
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Again, things are gelling. In fact, I understand they are going to be asking for net-help from a bunch of us for like an hour. No details yet, but I imagine it will be a messaging campaign. If anyone is willing to donate some time to help the promotion folks, please PM me an e-mail addy

Thanks

BagOfEyebrows
05-26-2008, 06:52 AM

And now the whammy:

well...............

wow... that was... freakin' beautiful. My heart and mind sorta running-jumped outta my body and hugged the words coming from your heart and mind.