PDA

View Full Version : How to suggest new directions or activities for DC

Oyate
05-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Howdy folks!

We are a spontaneously formed organization at RevolutionMarch.com and we serve one purpose: to provide the movement with this opportunity to mobilize.

Every day we get new, awesome suggestions and input about how to do this better. Now this is how to do what you suggest:

1. Just do it. There are lots of people organizing all kinds of things around or with this march. You don't need our permission. Ernie Hancock is a great example, he's gonna do a guerilla activist workshop to promote the march in DC in the 48 hours leading up to the event. Let me tell you something, if you have never done independent activism, this is for you. Ernie is a ton of fun. He has his own funds, he's not "part of our board", he's just doing it. Go for it.

2. Keep trying. We might be the almighty "board of the RevolutionMarch.com" but believe me, we have to delegate as much of this task as we can. We are seriously totally busy and our core team is too, but if you volunteer and don't hear back, keep trying. We're just volunteers and a lot more slips through the cracks then we'd like to.

Finally, to all those of you who have great ideas or experience to contribute, thank you. I'm personally sorry we don't have a chance to catch up. I don't know how else to say this, but we have jobs and kids too. There's still plenty of chances to get involved or contribute your energy.

And I would still recommend being a Marshal for this event. It's hands-on, grassroots training and experience at the street level.

We're just RevolutionMarch.com. We don't even know if we'll exist as an organization beyond this march. We hope to learn together so we all gain expertise in this type of action. It's a necessary step in our path but it's not the only one.

That's what I think.