PDA

View Full Version : March Logistical Officer wants your opinions

Oyate
05-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Howdy folks,

I'm in charge of the overall schedule. We're doing an assembly, then a march to the rally location. Is an 8:30 assembly time for a 9:30 march too early?

We're considering pushing this back and hour, do a 9:30 assembly for a 10:30 march.

What do you think?

FunkBuddha
05-23-2008, 05:52 PM
9:30 would be best for my brother and I. We'll be camping so we'll have to pack everything up and shower before we leave.

ronpaulhawaii
05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the later start

Joseph Hart
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I say we stick to the current schedule since many have already planned this out. Please do not change hours.

Oyate
05-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I say we stick to the current schedule since many have already planned this out. Please do not change hours.

Current schedule? Friend, I've never published a schedule. Any "schedule" you've seen to date is tentative. The official schedule will be finalized in conjunction with National Parks Service, DC Metro PD and Capitol Hill PD and ourselves.

In other words, you, me and us are making up the official schedule right now. Right here in this thread. I'll listen to input, make a decision and file an updated event plan with the aforementioned agencies.

Right now, most people are for giving us another hour to get the kids up, dressed, fed and on location. But I'm still listening.

FunkBuddha
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Has there been any word on which parks people are planning on camping at? Maybe reserving a big campground or something?

Oyate
05-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Has there been any word on which parks people are planning on camping at? Maybe reserving a big campground or something?

OK, I'm not the expert on this but poster "Ginn" has taken lead on identifying campgrounds around the area.

I have a list of places that we might possibly find inexpensive to cheap accommodations in DC at

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/logistics/travelToDC.aspx

and this has some camp grounds in it. But overall I would keep my eye on the Ronvoy to find out where fellow activists are camping.

But hey, I really need all y'all's input on how early so please help me keep this one on topic.

Earlier or later folks?

grit123
05-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I had this whole thought on it being a weekend, yadda yadda, people working, people sleeping in..but really it's a tossup as to whether an hours difference would affect publicity.

either is good, I'll go with the 10:30 though.

sunshine05
05-24-2008, 07:00 PM
The earlier start time may be better since it will most likely be very hot that day.

Susan Wolfe
05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
The earlier start time may be better since it will most likely be very hot that day.

I agree that an earlier start might be better, but consider that some may be traveling for thirty to forty-five minutes or possibly more, depending upon where they are lodging or camping, before they get to the march, it may be better to start later.

I have heard from groups who are planning on leaving very early, but still, driving up that day...on the 12th...like, from Long Island, who are leaving very early, like at 4:00am, but still, will they be able to start at 9:30? I dunno...

I'm afraid people are going to MISS the march!! So, I, for one, vote for the later start.

Pauls' Revere
05-24-2008, 11:55 PM
OK, I'm not the expert on this but poster "Ginn" has taken lead on identifying campgrounds around the area.

I have a list of places that we might possibly find inexpensive to cheap accommodations in DC at

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/logistics/travelToDC.aspx

and this has some camp grounds in it. But overall I would keep my eye on the Ronvoy to find out where fellow activists are camping.

But hey, I really need all y'all's input on how early so please help me keep this one on topic.

Earlier or later folks?

You could get a much better idea and feed back if you made this into a POLL
so were not reading post after post. Poll Please and a sticky!

BenjFranklin
05-25-2008, 07:04 AM
I like the later start time.

Joseph Hart
05-25-2008, 05:43 PM
We cannot discuss this on a thread which is on a public forum. Decisions being made can be altered by other campaigns. Only possible solution to a layout of plans, a schedule, is to talk to official committee. Thanks but no thanks!

ronpaulhawaii
05-25-2008, 06:13 PM
We cannot discuss this on a thread which is on a public forum. Decisions being made can be altered by other campaigns. Only possible solution to a layout of plans, a schedule, is to talk to official committee. Thanks but no thanks!

:confused:

anyway, I made a poll...

NEPA_Revolution
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I have to drive from Scranton PA, later start for the Pennsylvanians and Virginians is better.

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Could you PLEASE have the production manager of the event get in contact with me?

I have sent a few e-mails and have received no response.

I am a professional audio engineer who has run sound for Ron himself, Rand, The Temptations, The Beach Boys, KC and Sunshine Band, Papa Roach, Filter, Charlie Daniels, Newfound Glory, T-Pain, Paramore, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, and a whole host of others. I am qualified and would like to offer my services.

ronpaulhawaii
05-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Could you PLEASE have the production manager of the event get in contact with me?

I am a professional audio engineer who has run sound for Ron himself, Rand, The Temptations, The Beach Boys, KC and Sunshine Band, Papa Roach, Filter, Charlie Daniels, Newfound Glory, T-Pain, Paramore, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, and a whole host of others. I am qualified and would like to offer my services.

Matt, as I understand it he was hit by a car while riding a bicycle. He'll be alright but has been set back a bit.

Hopefully someone will respond to your offer soon, thanks and I look forwarrd to seeing everyone

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Matt, as I understand it he was hit by a car while riding a bicycle. He'll be alright but has been set back a bit.

Hopefully someone will respond to your offer soon, thanks and I look forwarrd to seeing everyoneOh wow ... I had no idea. That definitely is a good reason not to respond to e-mails. Hopefully he is alright.

Have him contact me as soon as he is back up and running at full speed.

Thanks!

clowns789
05-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Often times in hotels it's dark and I sleep in. I support the later time because of that and I never wake up early on weekends anyway.

Primbs
05-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Deb over at Revolution March might be a good place to start to get a contact. I think they would like to have plenty of sound engineers because it will be a day long event.