PDA

View Full Version : How would you do on the 2008 AP gov/pol test? (Talks about FED in it)

Nate SY
05-23-2008, 04:35 PM
So I took the test earlier this month. Good stuff. Anyways, here are the free response questions. (Not allowed to talk about multiple choice b/c they're reused.)

I do have to thank you guys! If it hadn't been for the RP Revolution I wouldn't have know ANYTHING about Monetary/Fiscal policy. I had a particularly fun time with question 3E. Actually, I wrote a three page explanation on it. (I said Corruption and the majority of congress being to lazy to do the tasks given them by the constitution)

Heres the questions...

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/ap08_go_po_us_frq.pdf

AJ Antimony
05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Hahaha my nephew took that test and was going NUTS about they had "a question that was 100% Ron Paul"

He said the question was like "1. Define fiscal policy. 2. Define monetary policy. 3. Why would the Federal Reserve be in charge of monetary policy?"

Of course this means the federal government from this question is now probably screening out the Ron Paul-supporting high school students lol

Anti Federalist
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Free response, 100 minutes.

Hmmm...

I could ace it with "acceptable" answers.

Or tell the truth and fail.

freedom-maniac
05-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Free response, 100 minutes.

Hmmm...

I could ace it with "acceptable" answers.

Or tell the truth and fail.

The education system is designed to suppress anyone who isn't an empty-minded blob ready to recieve their brainwashing and indoctrination.

James Madison
05-24-2008, 09:54 AM
The education system is designed to suppress anyone who isn't an empty-minded blob ready to recieve their brainwashing and indoctrination.

Just read through the test. What a bunch of crap! The questions are designed to direct the students in a direction the government wants them to. Believe me, I sat through a high school econ course this year and it was scary. The Fed's good, inflation's good, debt's good, fiat currency's good, cashless monetary policy's good. Now I know why we have so many stupid people in the country.

AJ Antimony
05-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Just read through the test. What a bunch of crap! The questions are designed to direct the students in a direction the government wants them to. Believe me, I sat through a high school econ course this year and it was scary. The Fed's good, inflation's good, debt's good, fiat currency's good, cashless monetary policy's good. Now I know why we have so many stupid people in the country.

Nah the problem is that an econ class is so boring the kids sleep right through it.

James Madison
05-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Nah the problem is that an econ class is so boring the kids sleep right through it.

Well, I'm not gonna lie my econ class WAS pretty boring for me. I can't imagine what it would be like for people whose attention spans are lower than their gpa.

Soccrmastr
05-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Im planning on taking this eventually. I wanna get at least 3 AP exams before I'm done with HS for that AP Scholar achievement. I've already taken Environmental Science but U.S. History is next year! Man I'm sure the teachers will HATE me in that class. I'm not gonna care who I offend or anything I'm gonna tell it like it is and show those liberal teachers there's gonna be at least one student they can't brainwash.

James Madison
05-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Im planning on taking this eventually. I wanna get at least 3 AP exams before I'm done with HS for that AP Scholar achievement. I've already taken Environmental Science but U.S. History is next year! Man I'm sure the teachers will HATE me in that class. I'm not gonna care who I offend or anything I'm gonna tell it like it is and show those liberal teachers there's gonna be at least one student they can't brainwash.

Hey, if you take the calc AP test let me warn you it's the hardest test I've ever taken. This year my government teacher was so awesome. He was ex air-force and a big no-nonsense kind of guy. Loved listening to me ranting about stuff. Econ, though, wow, that sucked.