PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul wants 10K Republicans in MN at convention to protest

acroso
05-23-2008, 06:43 AM
link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUX4XM28xQ&eurl=http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog)
I still want the blimp to come back! Having it fly around the GOP convention would be awesome and better than anything else we could do.

...gahh prolly couldn't fund it...but i wish it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Hell Yeah!!!

I'm There!!!

newyearsrevolution08
05-23-2008, 06:58 AM
link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUX4XM28xQ&eurl=http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog)
I still want the blimp to come back! Having it fly around the GOP convention would be awesome and better than anything else we could do.

...gahh prolly couldn't fund it...but i wish it.

the blimp?

do you have 10k to pay the "blimp team's" rent during that time like we did the last time?

Let's make it cheaper this time and just give each of the $2k a piece and leave the blimp on the ground. NO i'm not bitter about it at all (-; lol

I would LOVE however to see 10k people at the convention

rprprs
05-23-2008, 07:03 AM
I would LOVE however to see 10k people at the convention

Me too. What are the prospects for this?

Brown Sapper
05-23-2008, 07:07 AM
I think that we can all agree that the blimp wasn't that cost effective (but still awesome). Maybe we should think of have the plane with the banners if people want to go that route. If I remembered correctly they were more affordable.

MRoCkEd
05-23-2008, 07:09 AM
for old time's sake, it would be pretty sweet to have the blimp over the convention - but that aint gonna happen

the banner idea is pretty good though

Jeremy
05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
you guys are forgetting an alternative to the blimp: Ron Paul Air Corps... I'm sure we could get them to fly around

edit: oh, look like someone already mentioned it above (plane w/ banner)

Brown Sapper
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah I knew we had a name for them, just couldn't remember. Anywho I definately would put down a stack of silver bars on it.

Jeremy
05-23-2008, 07:31 AM
looks like their site is down though

Jeremy
05-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Anyway, I think we can easily get over 10k people. Remember that the Minnesota rally was one of the biggest and we'll have people coming from all over on top of that.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-23-2008, 08:04 AM
20,000+ easy!

newyearsrevolution08
05-23-2008, 08:23 AM
We can just get 10k people to each tell one person and we will be on track for 20k.

acroso
05-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Would be nice to get Barr to campaign there with Paul.
Not on the same ticket or anything but just as an alternate message.

rprprs
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Would be nice to get Barr to campaign there with Paul.
Not on the same ticket or anything but just as an alternate message.

I liked the blimp idea better.;)

Rand Paul is calling for OUR presence at the convention. This is the Republican national convention we're talking about. Barr is not even a Republican. If he or his supporters want a presence (for some reason), let them plan one. I'm sure there will be all sorts of groups planning to have some measure of visibility.

However, WE need to be fully recognizable as Ron Paul Republicans. Are we ashamed or embarrassed by that affiliation? Do we need to dilute the message for public consumption?

There are times for having as big a tent as possible. There are other times which call for a purity of message. This is one of those.

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:43 AM
SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT IT!

:cool:

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Please stop! We're trying to get national delegates elected here, and this is the kind of talk that's keeping that from happening. A protest will do nothing for the cause. Electing national delegates, on the other hand, will help to bring the party back to its foundations.

Knightskye
05-23-2008, 09:05 PM
"I think it's a testament to our movement that y'all are readers."

Rand's pretty funny. :D

parke
05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I this on earlier threads...

Screw a march on DC. One happens every damn day there. We need to revolt and the GOP nomination or coronation..

Its our last chance to make the most noise and have reporters from AROUND THE WORLD THERE.

Wake up folks. this is it!!!!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Screw a march on DC.

You just made it to my ignore list.

if we get 100 000 people to D.C, we can get million new people to this movement!

So screw you!

:cool: