PDA

View Full Version : an interesting article on how the conservatives of the world are moving left.

klamath
05-23-2008, 02:54 AM
What I find interesting is how they draw the same conclusions that if this leftward shift doesn't pay for the conservatives there will be a backlash. This is from a German newspaper.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,554342,00.html

Timothy
05-23-2008, 03:01 AM
Avoid Spiegel magazine at all cost. They are brainwashing you into mob consciousness.

EDIT. They are very skillful actually, their international section puts on the clothes of fresh, intellectual and overall well behaved (but with a desire that reaches further burning underneath the surface), but what it is really just all about is to tell people that they are not competent.

klamath
05-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Avoid Spiegel magazine at all cost. They are brainwashing you into mob consciousness.

EDIT. They are very skillful actually, their international section puts on the clothes of fresh, intellectual and overall well behaved (but with a desire that reaches further burning underneath the surface), but what it is really just all about is to tell people that they are not competent.

Actually I don't avoid any news source but try and read a cross section of as many as possible. Maybe somewhere between the lines the truth lies.
I do see your point one how they try and appear to be balanced when they are really not but there are some good points in the article that are varified in a large number of other newspapers. There has been a shift to the left.

Timothy
05-23-2008, 03:41 AM
Neither do I avoid a news source from the beginning. But some news sources are so predictable and bile revolting in their bias that I don't care to listen to them anymore.

zeke105
05-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Didn't they go start going left a long time ago? :)

Truth Warrior
05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
The world is moving ( being dragged ) to the left. :( NWO, anyone?

DriftWood
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
"There is no such thing as society," Thatcher once said.

What a great line. It does not get more individualistic, and more anti-collectivist than that.

Cheers

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-23-2008, 11:36 AM
What I find interesting is how they draw the same conclusions that if this leftward shift doesn't pay for the conservatives there will be a backlash. This is from a German newspaper.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,554342,00.html

It is impossible for people to move left of conservative because that part of the spectrum will always be 50% regardless. Now, the naive press might report it otherwise but the people are always justified in their desires while they should never be rewarded nor blamed by their public servants as a consequence.
It was Aristotle who started this problem by creating the concept of the political spectrum not to establish a liberal or conservative viewpoint, but to establish a moderate political view so that Greeks could act responsible by avoiding political extremism.
In America we are supposed to be a moderate society because the power ruling over us are not the corrupt powers from tyranny but the greater power that comes from the self evident truths. These inalienable truths reduce beyond our political differences to be indelibly written onto the conscience of our American souls.

CUnknown
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Do we believe that McCain would close Guantanamo and end torture, though? I sure don't. Certainly, he is to the left of Bush on things like the environment and until recently, on taxes.

IPSecure
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Wonder if it aligned with the change in the Earth's magnetic field...