PDA

View Full Version : California Statewide Election June - Who are you voting for?

Ron Paul in 2008
05-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I have decided to stay Republican. The Republican Party is rightfully our party and we shouldn't let the neocons chase us out. They hate having Ron Paul Republicans and leaving the party is their biggest wish.

Anyways, I'm voting for Reagan Republican Judy LLyod for my district assembly person to replace Guy Houston. Who are you all voting for?

ryanmkeisling
05-23-2008, 02:02 AM
I am staying Republican as well although I despise pretty much everything about the party in the last century. This guy Theo Terbolizard (http://terbocongress.org/) is running as a Ron Paul Republican in my district(4th), I had an email conversation with him which I will admit I liked his posture on the issues, but I know nothing else about him. I was going to go meet him in person in Tahoe but I had to work and couldn't go (80 hr work weeks leave me with little time, and whats left is for my dogs.) He is better than the other candidates though...he will get my vote in the end.
Doug Ose, Tom Mcclintock, Suzanne Jones, there is also a write space on my ballot(mail in).

Ron Paul in 2008
05-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I am staying Republican as well although I despise pretty much everything about the party in the last century. This guy Theo Terbolizard (http://terbocongress.org/) is running as a Ron Paul Republican in my district(4th), I had an email conversation with him which I will admit I liked his posture on the issues, but I know nothing else about him. I was going to go meet him in person in Tahoe but I had to work and couldn't go (80 hr work weeks leave me with little time, and whats left is for my dogs.) He is better than the other candidates though...he will get my vote in the end.
Doug Ose, Tom Mcclintock, Suzanne Jones, there is also a write space on my ballot(mail in).

Terbo looks like a typical politician on his website and his immigration stance is carefully crafted. I feel he is a little too pro-illegal. If he didn't announce himself as a Ron Paul Republican I wouldn't have vote for him.

On the other hand, I looked over a youtube rally video and he seems cool and I like him. I'd definitely ask him about immigration before casting my vote for him.

I'll look over the other people. I think I voted McClintock last time around.

ryanmkeisling
05-23-2008, 11:59 PM
I cannot stomach any of the others. They are all about National Defense and other non-issue issues. I believe we need to enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders, but that is low on my list. Illegals have been here for decades and in many ways prop up the economy. I can tell you my business would fail if they were not here and I hate to admit it but 9 times out of 10 they do a better job than an American. They should have no benefits or rights beyond the very basic but many of them just want to come here and work hard. I have worked with people from Brazil, Columbia, El Salvador, Peru, and elsewhere for the last three decades of my life. Many of them I would be proud to call a fellow citizen and I have helped several achieve this.
It is the essential freedoms that I want to see addressed, and Theo is strong on those issues, often quoting the constitution. I want to see an end to the war on drugs and I do not want to see another penny go to Iraq; troops should come home now, from everywhere. I want an end to the IRS and the income tax. I want my 100,000 in social security money in a personal account. I like his stance on the district 4 federal highways the most!:p:D

Shotdown1027
07-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Vote for the American Independent Party wherever possible,at all times.