05-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Barr: 153
Nader: 76
Gravel: 33
McKinney: 15

http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/technorati?#link_linechart_t_1

Bruno
05-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks, Bradley. Those are some very interesting charts.

It's hard to tell what Paul's numbers were because they were obscured by the colors of Hillary and Obama. My sense is that he has had a lot more exposure lately than ever before.

It is interesting that Hillary, Obama, and Edwards lines on the second graph were in perfect sync with each other every step of the way. It was as if the MSM had a formula they were following for the amount of airtime each candidate received in proportion to each other. Seems to prove more than coincidence.

Look at the Republican Vice Presidential Candidates chart as well. Same thing, but this time with Crist and Romney. Their numbers are perfectly in sync every day except May 22nd, when Crist's aqua color on the chart is finally visible behind Romney's green.

Bradley in DC
05-23-2008, 12:39 AM
It is interesting that Hillary, Obama, and Edwards lines on the second graph were in perfect sync with each other every step of the way. It was as if the MSM had a formula they were following for the amount of airtime each candidate received in proportion to each other. Seems to prove more than coincidence.

Look at the Republican Vice Presidential Candidates chart as well. Same thing, but this time with Crist and Romney. Their numbers are perfectly in sync every day except May 22nd, when Crist's aqua color on the chart is finally visible behind Romney's green.

My guess is that most people are mentioning the same people in the same blog posts (like you just did here). Again, these stats were NOT MSM but individual's blogs.

Bruno
05-23-2008, 12:53 AM
My guess is that most people are mentioning the same people in the same blog posts (like you just did here). Again, these stats were NOT MSM but individual's blogs.

My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

In that case, though, perhaps the chart is showing that the blogosphere is talking about what the MSM chooses to talk about, just like we do here. It still ties back to them.

If that makes any sense? :)

Bradley in DC
05-23-2008, 12:57 AM
My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

In that case, though, perhaps the chart is showing that the blogosphere is talking about what the MSM chooses to talk about, just like we do here. It still ties back to them.

If that makes any sense? :)

Or maybe the MSM are writing about what we talk about? Bringing it all full circle. :p