PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg article actually mentions Paul (a first)

StilesBC
05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aZAdOxa11zGg&refer=home

McCain's weakness is starting to be exposed even by those who support him. The more of this type of coverage the better. Sooner or later, the real conservatives will start asking questions about why McCain is their candidate. Those questions will lead them to the manifesto and a vote for Ron Paul.

We can still do some damage. The more the better.

Bradley in DC
05-22-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aZAdOxa11zGg&refer=home

McCain's weakness is starting to be exposed even by those who support him. The more of this type of coverage the better. Sooner or later, the real conservatives will start asking questions about why McCain is their candidate. Those questions will lead them to the manifesto and a vote for Ron Paul.

We can still do some damage. The more the better.

Pretty much sums up what a lot of people here are saying. Thanks for posting!

Feelgood
05-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Paul has no plans to run in the general election or to endorse anyone, spokesman Jesse Benton said.

Huh?!?!?! :confused:

Bruno
05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Huh?!?!?! :confused:

Huh what? He's always said he has not plans. If you want to hold out hope (and I do), you can, but that doesn't differ from anything he has previously said. "He has no plans to do so" can also mean he could change decide to run in the general or endorse someone at any time without having planned it ahead of time.

I would like to see Barr without the moustache though....might bump him a few percent points in the polls...though 6% already is awesome. :)

Bradley in DC
05-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I would like to see Barr without the moustache though....might bump him a few percent points in the polls...though 6% already is awesome. :)

Ha! Then they just say he's flip flopping on facial hair. :p

tonyr1988
05-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Ha! Then they just say he's flip flopping on facial hair. :p

Obviously making him a neocon. :)

Rhys
05-23-2008, 12:34 AM
The idea that McCain can be further spoiled is ludicrous. When he loses, it's the war, stupid. Has nothing to do with Barr or Obama. Obama will win by 10-15 points with Barr in the race. Without, 10-15 points again.

And is the lead true about him? I'm sure it is because there's not one thing I trust about Barr.

majinkoola
05-23-2008, 02:28 AM
The idea that McCain can be further spoiled is ludicrous. When he loses, it's the war, stupid. Has nothing to do with Barr or Obama. Obama will win by 10-15 points with Barr in the race. Without, 10-15 points again.

And is the lead true about him? I'm sure it is because there's not one thing I trust about Barr.

Umm, have you been paying attention to the polls? Very close. And it's not the popular vote that matters anyway. Obama's going to get routed in states like West Virginia, Kentucky, and probably Ohio.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
05-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Umm, have you been paying attention to the polls? Very close. And it's not the popular vote that matters anyway. Obama's going to get routed in states like West Virginia, Kentucky, and probably Ohio.

Personally I dont believe those polls at all. Frank, Romney and all those people must be behind them.

Additionally those are all the ummm smaller traditional states. When the majority of people in America perceive voting McCain as voting for Bush, endless wars, torture, AND racism they will not do it.

Three time the number of people are voting for Obama than McCain in the bigger primary states. Obama or even Clinton will destroy McCain if he does not have a stroke before then. I am sure his doctors have him on all types of drugs trying to keep him around for at least a few years.

This is the election where the GOP implodes.

acroso
05-23-2008, 03:50 AM
How can you resist voting for McDemocrat with his cadre of Joe Lieberman and Grahamnesty following him around all day?

It's a Republican's dream team.

FindLiberty
05-23-2008, 04:01 AM
That's what I'm guessing too
Obama will win by 10-15 points

Unless there's an October Surprise or sumptin'

MRoCkEd
05-23-2008, 05:12 AM
a lot of people also said bush had no chance of reelection in 2004

freelance
05-23-2008, 06:42 AM
This is the election where the GOP implodes.

That's it in a nutshell.

MRoCkEd
05-23-2008, 06:51 AM
if that happens - i will be mad obama wins, but at least really happy mccain loses

the ideal:
a msg is sent to the republicans when mccain gets destroyed - obama proves to be a terrible leader - the republicans come back in 4 years with the traditional message and win

of course, it is not so simple

Dorfsmith
05-23-2008, 08:31 AM
if that happens - i will be mad obama wins, but at least really happy mccain loses

the ideal:
a msg is sent to the republicans when mccain gets destroyed - obama proves to be a terrible leader - the republicans come back in 4 years with the traditional message and win

of course, it is not so simple

My fear is that this will happen...minus the traditional message and we end up with neocons sweeping things again in four years.

MRoCkEd
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
not if our movement becomes powerful enough

tonyr1988
05-23-2008, 09:24 AM
a lot of people also said bush had no chance of reelection in 2004

+1

raystone
05-23-2008, 09:25 AM
from the article...."As a Republican congressman, Bob Barr voted to expand the government's surveillance powers, championed the federal war on drugs, co-sponsored a ban on recognizing same- sex marriages and opposed international trade agreements. (including supporting continued embargo on Cuba)."

Someone please tell me why this guy is getting attention from Libertarians ????

Dorfsmith
05-23-2008, 09:45 AM
from the article...."As a Republican congressman, Bob Barr voted to expand the government's surveillance powers, championed the federal war on drugs, co-sponsored a ban on recognizing same- sex marriages and opposed international trade agreements. (including supporting continued embargo on Cuba)."

Someone please tell me why this guy is getting attention from Libertarians ????

Ha ha. They say he's changed his mind on all that but I'm a little nervous about him.

Dorfsmith
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
not if our movement becomes powerful enough

I agree that it could work. But I also have to look at the mentality of average joe Republican. I don't see our movement becoming powerful enough within the Republican party if Obama is elected. Average Joe is going to jump on the Republican Cheerleading bandwagon and flock to Limbaugh and others for insight. On the other hand, if McCain gets in you'll have an increasingly frustrated Republican base who should be more open to the truth. Either way, Obama or McCain, it's lose lose so whatever happens I'll look on the bright side and keep pressing on.

Bradley in DC
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Hmmm. So, the author of this sentence obviously was trying to create the illusion that there is a rift between Barr and Paul, but the author gets wrong Dr. Paul's own positions on marriage (Dr. Paul supports Barr's efforts on the way the federal government should handle marriage: oppose constitutional amendment, define it for federal purposes at the federal level and let the states set their own recognition policies) and trade (Dr. Paul has also opposed the international trade agreements like NAFTA on sovereignty grounds--but Dr. Paul has supported lessening the embargo on Cuba).

So, obviously, Dr. Paul didn't write this passage, and the author of it was more concerned about slamming Barr unfairly than spelling out Dr. Paul's views. Well, at least it wasn't a racist tirade this time. :p