PDA

View Full Version : Miscounted?????

kathy88
05-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm in PA, and as you all know we took a whoppping 16% in the primary in April. I had reason to attend a function in a buidling that was one of the polling places, and hanging on the wall were the results of this district's voting. I immediately scoured the lists for the Repub Presidential primary, and lo and behold next to RPs name a big fat ZERO.

I live in a pretty rural community, but not THAT rural..... I was mad, then kind of forgot about it. I was carpooling this morning and mentioned it to my passenger and she was INFURIATED. SHE voted at that polling place and SHE voted for RP and knows at least 3 or 4 other people who did as well.

This late in the game, what can we and should we do about this? Our local paper has an editor who is very kind to the RP cause, and anything that could be proven WILL make the front page if it even smells a LITTLE like fraud......

Mahkato
05-22-2008, 09:29 PM
The problem with vote fraud is that you can only complain if the fraudsters only cheated you a little. If they cheated you a lot, and as a result you're far below the next higher vote getter, people will just think you're doing a lot of whining. Only if the "official" vote count is very close can you actually get anywhere by claiming fraud.

kathy88
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I guess fraud is a harsh word to throw around in this case, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say there were probably 20 votes for him in this district just "left off" the tallies. Should I try to get people who voted RP to send me an email or something? (definately an account just for that purpose) Just a short little note to the editor once I know for sure, or something?

This is the part of our thing that is so irritating. Yeah, big deal 5 or 6 votes.... but those 5 or 6 votes in thousands of districts account for a lot. If we don't hold these idiots responsible to do their job accurately who will?

Alawn
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Even a little fraud is unacceptable. Purposely miscounting the vote is punishable by jail time. Somebody has to speak up to stop this sort of thing from happening in the future. This is a huge deal. The problem with vote fraud is normally it is really hard to prove. But when they give a low total like 0 it becomes very easy to prove. If you can yes you should try to get people who voted for him to email you. If they cheated here this time what makes you think they didn't do it more somewhere else but didn't get caught?

homah
05-22-2008, 09:36 PM
One thing I wouldn't bother with is emailing the campaign (if there is one left at this point). My vote on Super Tuesday wasn't counted. I emailed them shortly thereafter and got no response. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

kathy88
05-22-2008, 09:38 PM
One thing I wouldn't bother with is emailing the campaign (if there is one left at this point). My vote on Super Tuesday wasn't counted. I emailed them shortly thereafter and got no response. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Never crossed my mind, actually ;)

Alawn
05-22-2008, 09:39 PM
If you can get several people to come forward saying they voted for him and were not counted and you can actually get the person at the newspaper to write a story on it then that would be great.

kathy88
05-22-2008, 09:41 PM
I believe that is the course I will take. And after that story is published and MORE come forward this could be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep everyone posted.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Do It!!!

bkreigh
05-22-2008, 10:11 PM
There is no need for ONE vote to be miscounted.

Quick story (i hope)

At the Maine Convention they asked for volunteers to count votes for delegates that were going to the convention. Well i rushed to the room as did other RP supporters. Only two of us sat down right away and were across from each other. Because of this we counted with each other. Well each group received 50 ballots to count. It was pretty simple because RP had a slate and so did McCain. First, my partner read of each name on the ballot and i would put a tally by the respective name. Once he finished I read the names off to him. We were very careful but for one McCain delegate we were one off. One vote. Well we did the exact same thing again until we both came up with the same number. Needless to say we were the last people counting. The thing that got me was that most of the groups got up and left before we finished the first round of counting. I couldn't believe it.

If i were you i would ask for the voting results and count them yourself. Get a couple volunteers to help out if you need to. Im not sure what the process is to do this but i would do it. Maybe ask that newspaper editor to join you. If you find nothing GREAT! If you find RP was robbed then the newspaper has a story!

tod evans
05-23-2008, 02:05 AM
as to the "e-mail" verification...........please have the folks you know who voted for ron write a statement on real paper.
cyber ink doesn`t carry the same weight as a statement you can hold in your hand.

kathy88
05-23-2008, 04:10 AM
good idea, Tod... I was just thinking that could be a preliminary way to find out who they are, then get affidavits notarized

freelance
05-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Can you be a little bit pregnant?

pepperpete1
05-23-2008, 07:08 AM
You may want to check with the person/persons who put up the list. It could be just a typo?

slacker921
05-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Verify the number of votes from that precinct first. With some searching you can find the official report online. Or you can call the local election office and ask what the vote totals were for that precinct (don't specifically ask about Paul votes.. ). Do that before assuming that there was fraud.

kathy88
05-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Good advice Slacker. Thank you very much. I had planned on getting the lists before going off half cocked.