PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Talk to the Police"

Mach
05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Here is a "Don't Talk to the Police" Video, basic law, good stuff, some of you out there, the....... "well, if you don't do anything wrong, you don't have to worry about it".... crowd, need to make sure to listen to Officer Bruch!

"Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane - 27 min - May 21, 2008

James Duane explains why innocent people should never talk to the police.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865

"Don't Talk to the Police" by Officer George Bruch - 21 min - May 21, 2008

George Bruch from the Virginia Beach police department responds to Professor James Duane's presentation on why innocent people should never talk to the police.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912
:rolleyes:

Luft97
05-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I think this is a very important video to watch for everyone. I posted it on a different forum myself.

ELT
05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Dang, is this guy on speed? He talks FAST!!! Seems to be a good video though (half way through the first one)...

Mach
05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I think this is a very important video to watch for everyone. I posted it on a different forum myself.

Do you have any more? If anybody out there has any videos or sites having to do with law like these, please share.

Luft97
05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Do you have any more? If anybody out there has any videos or sites having to do with law like these, please share.

I would also recommend watching the Busted series on youtube. Someone else posted on my thread elsewhere also very informative. Here is the link to #1 the rest you can find on the side bar on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67h-YuOQ5U&feature=related

constituent
05-23-2008, 06:10 AM
I would also recommend watching the Busted series on youtube. Someone else posted on my thread elsewhere also very informative. Here is the link to #1 the rest you can find on the side bar on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67h-YuOQ5U&feature=related

i'm sorry, but imo, the "busted" series is a good way to have a cop club your ass behind his car.

well-meaning, but ...

Anti Federalist
05-23-2008, 09:51 AM

+1

So have I, this is a great resource.

Bottom line, you ask one question:

"Am I under arrest, or free to go?"

If the answer is arrest, exercise your rights, you say nothing, you keep your mouth shut, period, no matter how innocent you may be.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2008, 09:54 AM
i'm sorry, but imo, the "busted" series is a good way to have a cop club your ass behind his car.

well-meaning, but ...

They need no reason to do that.

Minestra di pomodoro
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
They need no reason to do that.

They're more likely to do it if you make their job tougher.

brandon
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Dang, is this guy on speed? He talks FAST!!! Seems to be a good video though (half way through the first one)...

Hah, I was going to say the same thing! This guy better never ever ever talk to the police or he will be searched for cocaine after speaking three sentences.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
They're more likely to do it if you make their job tougher.

No doubt.

Wish I had job where, if I had a difficult "customer" to deal with, I could just bash their head or taze them and throw them out the door.

//sarcasm way off//

brandon
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Honestly, I have had charges reduced by coorperating with the police. One time when I was younger I got arrested for underage drinking. By talking and being honest I got the charges reduced to disorderly conduct.

Another time the police searched my home and found an ounce of marijuana. Again, by talking and being open i got the charge reduced to disorderly conduct.

Talking to the police has its benifits.

Minestra di pomodoro
05-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Quoted for impact. It's not sound legal advice, but police are people too.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
05-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Another time the police searched my home and found an ounce of marijuana. Again, by talking and being open i got the charge reduced to disorderly conduct.

Talking to the police has its benifits.A.) They should not have been allowed to search your home

B.) If they weren't and they still did, the case could have been thrown out altogether

brandon
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
A.) They should not have been allowed to search your home

B.) If they weren't and they still did, the case could have been thrown out altogether

First of all, you know nothing at all about the case, so how can you judge wether they had probable cause or not?

2nd, you actually are right. They did not have probable cause. Here is a breakdown of the story...

I was not home. My roomate was home drinking underage. The police showed up with a few unrelated questions. They noticed my roomate was intoxicated. They entered the home and arrested him. They then proceeded to search through the drawers in my upstairs bedroom (which no one was in, the door was closed, lights off)

So sure it was an illegal search, but you miss the point. I was an 18 year old kid. I did not have the means to defend myself, and I would have lost the court case. The courts are as corrupt as the police. But by talking with the police i had the charge dropped to a disorderly conduct. If i didn't talk to the police I would have had possesion charges. Perhaps if I had the money to hire the lawyer in the video, I would have won the case and has ALL charges dropped. But again, being an 18 year old kid, I did not have money for that.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
05-23-2008, 10:49 AM
You were lucky enough to happen upon a police officer that doesn't get his/her rocks off fucking up lives

Bruno
05-23-2008, 10:52 AM
First of all, you know nothing at all about the case, so how can you judge wether they had probable cause or not?

2nd, you actually are right. They did not have probable cause. Here is a breakdown of the story...

I was not home. My roomate was home drinking underage. The police showed up with a few unrelated questions. They noticed my roomate was intoxicated. They entered the home and arrested him. They then proceeded to search through the drawers in my upstairs bedroom (which no one was in, the door was closed, lights off)

So sure it was an illegal search, but you miss the point. I was an 18 year old kid. I did not have the means to defend myself, and I would have lost the court case. The courts are as corrupt as the police. But by talking with the police i had the charge dropped to a disorderly conduct. If i didn't talk to the police I would have had possesion charges. Perhaps if I had the money to hire the lawyer in the video, I would have won the case and has ALL charges dropped. But again, being an 18 year old kid, I did not have money for that.

Glad you came out on top!

I had a case thrown out for an illegal search myself.

Luft97
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Honestly, I have had charges reduced by coorperating with the police. One time when I was younger I got arrested for underage drinking. By talking and being honest I got the charges reduced to disorderly conduct.

I suppose they had a search warrant? Or did you just let them in to find the pot yourself?

Mach
05-26-2008, 12:09 AM
/bump/

Fields
05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
bump

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-27-2008, 05:09 AM

Sounds like a common tactic they use against citizens called a "knock and talk." They'll listen through the door, look through the door when opened, and try to get consent for entry or trip the person into saying something that will give them more legal wiggle room or a reason to continue the conversation seeking same.

Bern
05-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Professor Duane needs to lay off the caffeine. lol. Enjoyed the videos - thanks for sharing.

ThePieSwindler
05-27-2008, 09:09 AM
watch the ACLU video on this same issue - its alot better ,and they have a big powerful legal team that can factcheck, so its pretty much accurate. Ill see if i can find it and share.

qh4dotcom
05-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Bump

BillyDkid
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM

well-meaning, but ...That is my thought too. Before you are uncooperative with the police in any way you have to first do this mental calculus to determine if the cop is a criminal or not. On a back country road, with no record except your memory, I would be very leery of not cooperating in anyway. Just like some criminals, there are some police who are very dangerous people.

porcupine
05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Everyone needs to see this video