PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for convention before choosing a candidate?

H Roark
05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I suspect that many are waiting to see what happens at the GOP National Convention before choosing who they will be voting for in the general election. The general election is less than two months away after the convention! Are you going to wait before you choose your candidate?

MelissaWV
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Convention... September
Election... November

What happened to October :)

Madison
05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Ron Paul...no matter what.

newyearsrevolution08
05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I am focusing on educating VOTERS and nothing more at this point. Educate enough people and maybe our DEMANDS might be dealt with. Get enough together and things can happen BUT trying to focus on ONE elected official to me is pointless currently.

Get more voters awake for the next elections to come and we will have a much better chance, as far as who to vote for at the general? Ron Paul if he is on the ballot, write him in? no point and the only person you would prove that to is yourself and the fellow rp supporters to show how hard core you are IF the write in wasn't even done officially as it should be IF writing in is what is wanted.

If there is a libertarian on the ballot worth voting for that is 100% inline with the constitution and is on the ballot then that might be an option.

Important thing though is to educate voters and up and coming candidates both locally and above.

I do not agree with the vote for the best of the worst either, our entire system needs changing and I don't see it happening in one presidential election and we need to get to work building the new candidates.

Can Ron Paul become President? Answer that one truthfully and we might get some real answers. Anything is possible but if you look at what Ron Paul has been doing it has been more of an education rather then a "elect me or else".

He wrote a training course in essense so we can learn from and then act upon for a reason. Would he become President if it were possible? hell yes, do I believe he truly was trying to fight for the presidential position versus educating the people? I personally do not think so.

He wants US to carry things on and that to me means, get to work educating those around me so we can wake Americans up. It is not do whatever I can to make sure my 1 vote goes to ron paul or no one......

I ramble too much?

any thoughts? love the debate and discussion portion on this forum...

Alex Libman
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm supporting Mary Ruwart, but Bob Barr will probably get it and I'll still support him. (Unless Ron Paul runs, but if he doesn't writing him in in November is stoooopid.)

Conza88
05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Ron Paul till I die.

robert4rp08
05-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Ron Paul till I die.

QFMFT

dvdrink
05-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I support Paul and hope he gets as many delegates as possible. However I don't see the GOP warmongers giving him a speaking role at the convention. I only see them continuing to try to marginalize us.

In the LP I'm voting for Barr and hope everyone else will support the Libertarian candidate in November as well. While I think writing in "Ron Paul" is honorable, in reality it won't do any good. Write-in's are not even counted. You have to be registered as a write-in candidate in order for it to even be counted.

Therefore if you write in "Ron Paul" it won't have much of an impact. A better impact for the cause of liberty would be to vote for someone who is actually on the ballot. Let's send a message for liberty that will be seen publicly and vote for someone who is actually on the ballot.

H Roark
05-23-2008, 01:42 PM
bump