PDA

View Full Version : What should be our utlimate goal with a Ron Paul Republican Congress

dude58677
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
We elect Ron Paul Republicans to Congress and we refuse to pass Appropiation bills for the Judiciary and Executive Branch. When this happens we have an "Articles of Confederation" styled government where the Congress asks the States to voluntarily enforce federal laws. I would have no problem with this.:D

Akus
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
since the likely hood of November victory is nil, we, after convention in st.Paul, absolutely must start grassroot effort for the congressmen that think and act like RP. We will have to double our effort and hopefully the potential congressmen would be a tad more interested in gaining a position of power and influence then Ron Paul in getting a presidency.

I would absolutely love getting things done for another Texas Congressman with a "Ron Paul 1st USDA grade" seal of approval.

Deborah K
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Adherence to our beloved Constitution.

WarningSLO
05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Pass:

H.J.RES.23 : Proposing an amendment the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens.

H.J.RES.46 : Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to deny United States citizenship to individuals born in the United States to parents who are neither United States citizens nor persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States.

H.R.1146 : To end membership of the United States in the United Nations

H.R.3835 : To restore the Constitution's checks and balances and protections against government abuses as envisioned by the Founding Fathers.

To name a few.

Kap
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
H.J. RES 24 Curtailing all "Executive Orders" and "Signing Statements" as they are unconstitutional.

H.J. RES 25 Repeal the Military Commisions Act, Patriot Act.

H.J. RES 26 Removing the law that allows presidents unilateral control over the armed forces unless we are immediate danger.

leonster
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Wholesale elimination of unconstitutional/unnecessary federal departments, for one: Education, H&HS, Energy, Homeland Security, ATF, etc.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm already working on deregulating irrational traffic laws! :)
(deregulating all irrational laws will be a main goal for a RP Congress)

FindLiberty
05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
R-E-P-E-A-L a whole lot of unconstitutional laws...

yongrel
05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
dude, you're always gettin' ahead of yourself.

RPTXState
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
By 2010, we need 435 poeple running for Congress as "Ron Paul Republicans"

Get to it...

dude58677
05-22-2008, 07:46 PM
dude, you're always gettin' ahead of yourself.

LOL!!!:D:D

It's extremely unlikely what I said would happen but it could be done, hypothetically. Congress has the "power of the purse" of all three branches.

Knightskye
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
By 2010, we need 435 poeple running for Congress as "Ron Paul Republicans"

Get to it...

:cool:

lucius
05-22-2008, 08:01 PM
I believe that Gurudas said it best in his book, ‘Treason: The New World Order’:

“All these people say there are powerful groups threatening our way of life. Some sources identify the bankers and corporate elite as the source of our problems, while others feel the national security state is the threat. The power of Wall Street is now obvious to many. So much is happening today that it is increasingly clear a police state is no longer some distant event to fear. The American people must awaken and join together to restore constitutional government and diminish the power of the large corporations and their agent, the federal government, so that we can again be a free people.”