PDA

View Full Version : The GOP: Screwed In A Way It Hasn’t Been In 76 Years

Bradley in DC
05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
http://belowthebeltway.com/2008/05/22/the-gop-screwed-in-a-way-it-hasnt-been-in-76-years/

angelatc
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
The media has assisted in helping Democrats by saying that the Republican Party is closed to moderates while Democrats are now open to conservatives such as Heath Schuler, Travis Childers, and others.

Maybe I am missing something, but the crowds I hang out with think that the party *is* too moderate.

slacker921
05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
hhmmm.. and which Republicans have been telling the GOP for about a year that they were screwed if they stayed on the same path? Not the neo-cons. Which Republicans were screaming for smaller federal government and a reversal on Bush's failed venture into Iraq? Not the neo-cons.

Which Republicans lead the way to the devastating defeats in 2006? The neo-cons.
Which Republicans are the GOP following to defeat in 2008? The neo-cons.

nate895
05-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but the crowds I hang out with think that the party *is* too moderate.

Same here. This article gets the diagnosis/prognosis right. It gives improper treatment for the disease, though.

angelatc
05-22-2008, 04:23 PM
To successfully target voters, we need to use strategic email blasts, online chats and blogs, as well as constant podcasts

Straight out of McCain's playbook. Which was straight out of Hilary's book.

Very little about actually changing policy. The strategy is to make us *think* they're changing strategy. Sigh.