PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead - Ron Paul’s Best You Tube Moment

Lucille
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Ron Paul’s Best You Tube Moment (http://dougwead.wordpress.com/)

That's three days in a row he's blogged about Ron! Either he's becoming a true believer, or he likes all the hits on his blog. ;)

Here it is, the one Ron Paul You Tube that captures it all, Mike Huckabee’s innocence, Mitt Romney’s regret and John McCain’s cynicism. Here are all the dynamics that have made the Republican nomination process for this 2008 cycle a fascinating exercise in futility.

The cast:

Of course there is Ron Paul himself, incredulous at the irrelevant, tactical conversations swirling around him when the grand strategic policies upon which those conversations are built is virtually ignored. It is as if we are all in Alice and Wonderland. He is speaking truth and no one else on the panel, including the media hosts – especially the media hosts – seem to get it.

Thank God for the spontaneous audience outbursts of applause for Ron Paul. That’s what helps me keep my bearings and realize that I am not losing it in my old age. Having been a shill in practice debates for George Herbert Walker Bush, I know full well how the tickets are apportioned at these events and I can tell you that a good hunk of those applauding Congressman Paul are actually McCain-Romney supporters. They just can’t resist applauding arguments that make sense, even if the comments are coming from the opposition. You can be sure, based on the previous debates, that all of them have been given strict instructions, “Now whatever you do, don’t applaud Ron Paul.” And still they can’t control it.

Even beyond the enthusiastic applause of the undisciplined solders, others are sitting glumly, hands on their laps but thinking, “Why doesn’t my guy make sense like that? Oh well, too much for my little, tiny brain to grasp. Besides, I have a picture shaking hands with my guy and that will sell a lot of insurance policies in Fresno. Who is this Ron Paul anyway? He can’t win.”

Ha! I agree with Doug. That really was one of Paul's best moments of the whole campaign season. (Reagan Library Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHTCG3gGJKQ))

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Man I wish Ron Paul could stop at about 0:45 and knock McCain's jaw off.

Feelgood
05-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I love that clip as well. Watching Romney fidget around and glancing at Cooper with a look like "Anderson, will you cut this guy off and shut him up already". :D

Rhys
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Here are all the dynamics that have made the Republican nomination process for this 2008 cycle a fascinating exercise in futility.

QFT

rational thinker
05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Who is Doug Wead?

constitutional
05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Who is Doug Wead?

google it you lazy ass. :p http://dougwead.wordpress.com/about/

Rhys
05-22-2008, 04:43 PM
He's probably trying to make up for some lost time. He probably thought Ron Paul just wasn't doing well but liked him sorta. Now that he knows RP didn't do well because of fraud, he wants to sorta make up for it. That's my guess.

nate895
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
He's probably trying to make up for some lost time. He probably thought Ron Paul just wasn't doing well but liked him sorta. Now that he knows RP didn't do well because of fraud, he wants to sorta make up for it. That's my guess.

All Conservative Republicans who watched the debates thought the same way about Ron Paul, the war and electability/name recognition issue are the only things that stood in his way.

goldstandard
05-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Don't know if there's a thread about this but Doug Wead wrote about the GOP cheating RP:

Last week I appeared on a number of television programs and ended up in “the green room” with a couple of GOP luminaries. One of the party’s most famous and powerful Senators and a former governor who came within a hair of becoming the vice president. You can guess which television network it was. We each had a book to promote.

Anyway, somehow they got into a discussion of Ron Paul and how his supporters had the nerve, the gall, the cheek to show up at “their” respective Republican State Conventions and practically take over. Each man described to the other how through parliamentary maneuver and outright theft they had recently blocked the Paulistas from embarrassing the GOP by winning “their” delegates to the national convention. They passed these stories back and forth with great gusto and laughter and genuine appreciation for the political skill of the other.

LINK (http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/how-a-gop-conspiracy-continues-to-cheat-ron-paul/#comments)