PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Meetup Conference calls

McDermit
08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Has anyone been participating in tonight's call? There really seems to be some shady agenda here. Sounds a LOT like the coalition crap we were hearing just a few weeks ago.

There's now talk of a big ol' beaurocratic superorganization where one guy breaks the country's RP supporters into 8 territorial groups, and those groups are broken down and everyone reports to someone, etc.

It sounds like a bunch of nonsense, and it sounds like a waste of time and something that's not going to create a ton of opportunities for abuse and the spread of disinformation. I get the feeling that it would only end up hurting the campaign.

Groups involved: AFTF, freedom fellowship, vote in sunshine, vote fraud and americans for a fair election

mdh
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Everyone's got an agenda. Meh. At least my agenda is FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN. ;)

UtahApocalypse
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Campaign is about to fail. Everyone is trying to be the boss. Includes here. the grassroots effort is being torn from the inside out.

I will vote Ron Paul for my country, but fuck if im going to be micro-managed.

njjack
08-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Has anyone been participating in tonight's call? There really seems to be some shady agenda here. Sounds a LOT like the coalition crap we were hearing just a few weeks ago.

There's now talk of a big ol' beaurocratic superorganization where one guy breaks the country's RP supporters into 8 territorial groups, and those groups are broken down and everyone reports to someone, etc.

It sounds like a bunch of nonsense, and it sounds like a waste of time and something that's not going to create a ton of opportunities for abuse and the spread of disinformation. I get the feeling that it would only end up hurting the campaign.

Groups involved: AFTF, freedom fellowship, vote in sunshine, vote fraud and americans for a fair election.

I totally agree and I think the following quotes support the reasoning;

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States respectively, or to the people."

Powers not expressly authorized to be exercised remained with states or the people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

(by the way i checked all over this forums site for usage terms or under the faq and didnt see anything about swearing so guess its cool, this captures what I say to those that want to centralize control of the ron paul REVOLUTION)

"All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who are making that movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob."

10thAmendmentMan
08-24-2007, 06:29 AM
It appears that organizing Ron Paul supporters is, very much not to my surprise, like herding cats.

Slugg
08-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Campaign is about to fail. Everyone is trying to be the boss. Includes here. the grassroots effort is being torn from the inside out.

I will vote Ron Paul for my country, but fuck if im going to be micro-managed.

The difference is that you are not forced into any type of top down structure. Those who want to assist in a top down structure can. Those who do not, do not need to. Some people around here have plans that require some organization. I did not listen to the call, but I've read people's posts regarding an organization of the grassroots. I support the idea of people working together.

I don't think we're being torn from the inside out (though there is some obvious drama going on at the moment). I think we all can mellow out, watch some of Avaroth's movies, and get back to it.

The hardest part of getting him the nomination is working with people you've never met, working under a time constraint, and doing it YESTERDAY!

We are doing well, let's not lose it now.

constituent
08-24-2007, 06:40 AM
COMMAND
CONTROL

what was the other one?

i've got to find that thread for you.

jb4ronpaul
08-24-2007, 06:55 AM
I would love to see a nationally organized grassroots structure. It is nearly impossible to organize a national event, or share important information among the meetups with the current structure. We waste so much time doing this, and we achieve so much less. As someone with a full time job, and a family, and trying to run a meetup, and trying to make sure I know about every nationally organized event to get my meetup involved, it's frankly not sustainable. I support 100% a national structure. If we can easily plan nationally coordinated events we can be much more effective. If we can share information from one meetup to others, we can be much more effective.

Now if you don't like it don't participate in it. No one is holding a gun to your head to do it! This is called spontaneous organization. Its not evil. It happens all the time among people because it helps. Imagine if every part of you body just did its own thing, you could not move anywhere. Thats why you have a brain to coordinate the whole thing. Yes, some activities need to be decentralized because the information is at that level, but it is absolutely critical to any progress that some activities be centralized. People are totally misconstruing what the constitution means. It does not say "THOU SHALT NOT ORGANIZE". It says the government cannot force you, but people always end up naturally gravitate towards volunteer organization on their own, and that is what we want and need. God, I hope someone can make this happen. I am absolutely positive it is one of the key steps to getting the election.

Slugg
08-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I would love to see a nationally organized grassroots structure. It is nearly impossible to organize a national event, or share important information among the meetups with the current structure. We waste so much time doing this, and we achieve so much less. As someone with a full time job, and a family, and trying to run a meetup, and trying to make sure I know about every nationally organized event to get my meetup involved, it's frankly not sustainable. I support 100% a national structure. If we can easily plan nationally coordinated events we can be much more effective. If we can share information from one meetup to others, we can be much more effective.

Now if you don't like it don't participate in it. No one is holding a gun to your head to do it! This is called spontaneous organization. Its not evil. It happens all the time among people because it helps. Imagine if every part of you body just did its own thing, you could not move anywhere. Thats why you have a brain to coordinate the whole thing. Yes, some activities need to be decentralized because the information is at that level, but it is absolutely critical to any progress that some activities be centralized. People are totally misconstruing what the constitution means. It does not say "THOU SHALT NOT ORGANIZE". It says the government cannot force you, but people always end up naturally gravitate towards volunteer organization on their own, and that is what we want and need. God, I hope someone can make this happen. I am absolutely positive it is one of the key steps to getting the election.

Yeah, me too. I don't, however, have the slightest Idea on what to do. I don't think we should have to 'answer' to anyone. But if we had one point to contact everyone (like the mail server I heard bounced around here for a bit) I think that would make things MUCH easier.

Lois
08-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Why can't we have it both ways -- those who are organizational types can do their thing, and others can remain independent.

That could be twice as effective for Ron Paul.

It's a choice -- nobody's forced to do anything against his/her will.

Me, I'm more of the scattered type.

Lois

Sematary
08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
I didn't listen in on the call but I can tell you, as I start to organize this Philly Rally, that centralized communication would be really nice at this point!

njjack
08-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm not going to rehash old arguments having heard about the criminal background checks on some of these people that are trying to start so called national organizations.

I'll just say this. We have heard the official campaign and Ron Paul himself say that they have trouble keeping up with the speed at which the campaign moves and grows. The problem of providing efficient communication will not be solved by beuracrats with made up titles.

Take sometime to think about how the internet works, the similarites to how a true grassroots organization works very much the same way. It is alive, it is organic and strapping it down will hurt more than it helps.

I understand the desperation some feel hoping to have more effective means of concentrating effort, believe me, I felt the same way at one time but the overall potential harm a national organization will cause would be more damaging than it can possibly help. I think the solutions to our problems will naturally happen, individuals with the means and abilities will take it upon themselves. You'll find the answer deep down in your heart by asking yourself this question. What would Ron Paul do?

Oh also I don't like cats, but I am angry :)

MozoVote
08-30-2007, 07:28 PM
MrChubbs and I are simulcasting the call tonight on PalTalk.

http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/group/1127127948/

LibertyEagle
08-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Ron Paul Thursday night conference call:
605-475-8500 PIN 5092984 then *2 to mute

MozoVote
08-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Sounds like they have Heidi Russo as a guest tonight.

McDermit
08-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Cathy's always a hoot.

hard@work
08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
We could use some more organized groups to talk to us. That's all we need. Large volunteer groups that can hold events. The larger groups are still decentralized just like we are now, but they are large enough to get attention and support from the cats so we can hold mass rallies. We do not need to be completely centralized under one group or banner, our fields are much too diverse and cover all Americans not just one single special interest or agenda.

We could reallize use a few groups with a loud voice to work together loosely, nothing more.

So, someone please tell me who didn't think about that and already get it implemented that is trying to do some centralized system?

That all said I don't see why the owners of this incredibly (and I think most of all prez forums?) successfull forum cannot be one group, and help to get other larger groups ready to loosely begin a centralized set of strategies we can all agree on.

:)

kylejack
08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see some collaborative organization that lets ideas be shared, but top-down administration is a terrible idea. The loose-knit nature is what is keeping energy so high right now.

AFTFNJ
08-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I have been part of AFTF from the get go & we have only 2 agendas.. Educating people about Central Banks & getting Ron Paul elected as president.

jonahtrainer
08-31-2007, 12:14 AM
I have been part of AFTF from the get go & we have only 2 agendas.. Educating people about Central Banks & getting Ron Paul elected as president.

The first part is a lot easier than the second. We also need to raise lots of money for the campaign so they can run national ads.

We have to get the delegate positions in our individual states. To do that we have to get involved with the local party and meetings. The wiki seems the easiest way to coordinate this stuff.

As I do not run a Meetup Group I am not sure what problems they run into. I am sure there are plenty of constraints though. We also need to know how elections work.

When the campaign starts spending its money we will see a big influx of people into the Meetups. We need the Meetup leaders to know how to channel the fire hose of motivated people.

We have a plan for Florida which breaks down to 73 votes per precinct, 1 of 36 registered voters, in the primary. We are ready for when the national campaign starts getting more recognition down here. In addition, we go to the local meetings, make banners, hand out literature, etc.

At the end of the day, all politics is local. More so in this case because we are not really using the MSM yet.