PDA

View Full Version : Two Senate Seats for Ron Paul courtesy of Sen. Kennedy and Byrd.

Athan
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
This post is rather late.. but if anyone recalls seeing Monday night's show of Jimmy Kimmel (in which Christy Yamaguchi was on) there was a clip of Byrd being a utter moron right after Jimmy Kimmel mentioned that he was a former KKK member.

That along with Kennedy having a tumor means that we can organize to get TWO Ron Paul Republicans in the senate. One from Massachusetts and the other from West Virginia.

For Byrd, all we have to do is milk that Jimmy Kimmel clip and his KKK past then force the Republican party to realize that a non-Ron Paul Republican will not gain R3volution support.

Same thing with Kennedy. Just milk that he could die at any time and bring up his past murder of that girl in a river when he was drunk. Republicans will try to get a strong candidate, but if the R3volution has anything to say about it. It will be OUR candidate.

JMann
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
This post is rather late.. but if anyone recalls seeing Monday night's show of Jimmy Kimmel (in which Christy Yamaguchi was on) there was a clip of Byrd being a utter moron right after Jimmy Kimmel mentioned that he was a former KKK member.

That along with Kennedy having a tumor means that we can organize to get TWO Ron Paul Republicans in the senate. One from Massachusetts and the other from West Virginia.

For Byrd, all we have to do is milk that Jimmy Kimmel clip and his KKK past then force the Republican party to realize that a non-Ron Paul Republican will not gain R3volution support.

Same thing with Kennedy. Just milk that he could die at any time and bring up his past murder of that girl in a river when he was drunk. Republicans will try to get a strong candidate, but if the R3volution has anything to say about it. It will be OUR candidate.

Calling a person that kills someone in a car accident a murderer is a little harsh don't you think?

Mister Grieves
05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Calling a person that kills someone in a car accident a murderer is a little harsh don't you think?

No.

He was drunk and he didn't tell anyone about the incident until the next day.

LibertyIn08
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
No.

Chappaquiddick has been played to death, and he's still in.

Win elections on issues and a solid ground effort, not ad hominem attacks.

Bradley in DC
05-22-2008, 10:26 AM

+1

Same with Byrd's KKK past.

Athan
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM

I think that living in a totalitarian fascist state is a little harsh. Saying something bluntly isn't.

Athan
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Well we as usual are going to let the Ron Paul folks from those states handle the campaigning.
What I am TRYING to point out here folks, is that we have two VERY big and powerful openings here. They attack a Revolution candidate and they can counter with devastating results.

Mister Grieves
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't understand how McCain keeps his seat time and again, especially after all of his blunders and flip-flops.

Is it just that people are more concerned with having someone represent their state that has a marquee name as opposed to someone who actually follows the constitution?

Todd
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM

You need to educate yourself on that little incident. Ted Kennedy wasn't President of the U.S. because of this little...How did you put it? Accident?
I am saddened by his illness, however, his actions in this incident are closer to the status of criminal than victim. I know of a 16 year old girl who is still in prison over this type of thing.

Rangeley
05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Going after Byrd for how he has been in public lately (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y_Iqr45L-Q) is entirely heartless. He is going through some really tough times, and really his whole situation is rather sad. Additionally, he is 90 years old, and is dealing with a rather severe hand tremor and what looks like declining vision...

He was elected in 2006, and his term goes until 2012. Honestly, I don't know if he will stay in it that long, but I am fairly sure he will not run again. And if he steps down, then any campaign would still be against his successor, not him. And when it happens, it should be a campaign on the issues.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
good luck getting a Ron Paul Republican elected in Massachusetts.
There's a better chance of me celebrating the 4th of July on Jupiter

mdmarino
05-22-2008, 11:21 AM
And, speaking as a West Virginia native, I would bet that a personal attack on Byrd would only make his constituents mad and turn them away from anyone we might promote. The man is golden up there in West-By-God, like it or not. We wouldn't gain many friends.

Aratus
05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
jim ogonowski has taken on john kerry. i have been doing this link for a few months.
http://www.jimogonowski.com/ this is the seat thats open! this november we either
see jim ogonoski going to capital hill for the first time, or we see jim kerry going there
again! one of the curious campaign charges against kerry is his utter lack of major
legislation over these past seven to nine years or so. this is as senator kennedy and
his staff was breaking many senate records concerning the quality and quantity of
legislation he managed to get passed. turns out we have a symbiotic relationship
where our junior senator let our senior senator do the vast bulk of the necessary bills
for my home state. its been said about barack obama that he did not have the patience
to aquire the seniority needed for the rules and rituals of the senate, although he has
the intellect for the same. the democrats hoped with a democrat in the whitehouse,
there'd be less vetoes. if john kerry now hires senator ted's staffers, maybe we'd hear
him talked about as a major legislator IF he survives the challenge by jim ogonowski.
also, if Ogonowski looses THIS election, he can run for senator ted kennedy's seat, for
i feel governor deval patrick shall appoint someone in the interum if need be...or again,
there may be a special election. which takes us to Byrd at 90 going onto 91 now deciding
to SUPERDELEGATE himself to BARACK OBAMA despite the clinton landslide in the recent
democratic primary. Byrd is beyond discontent so as to be a fixture! however, if he retires...
even if a newbie "dem" gets his seat, it still does not rule out a republican rout in less
than a decade's time at all!!! given the way things may go, the two seats are very open!!!

Aratus
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
good luck getting a Ron Paul Republican elected in Massachusetts.
There's a better chance of me celebrating the 4th of July on Jupiter

jim ogonowski going to D.C is as close as one can get to a rEVOLUTIOn major victory!!!

he's a political newbie who is not totally neo-con and he ran a close race to ms. Tsongas for my district's house seat.

mitt romney might return to the bay state for senator ted's seat in 2012. i feel that jim ogonowski might be able to even beat the

gentleman mitt in the 2012 republican primary, and if a republican is to sit in teddy kennedy's seat, its to be jim ogonoski.

mitt romney may run again for the presidency. he may be torn in two directions. he has potomac fever BAD!

crazyfingers
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I think (former?) Red Sox pitcher Curt Shilling has his eye on Kennedy's seat. At least that was the rumor when he was up in NH campaigning for McCain.

Aratus
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
And, speaking as a West Virginia native, I would bet that a personal attack on Byrd would only make his constituents mad and turn them away from anyone we might promote. The man is golden up there in West-By-God, like it or not. We wouldn't gain many friends.

for one and all, the above is a classic example of a british understatement
although it is by someone from somewhere other than the U.K of the current hour!
the above is a political wisdom! senator byrd has seniority. his seniority has clout.
for years he brought jobs to west virginia. he was totally open to his constituents.
he could over time maybe even doubly trounce strom thurmond's long record of public
service by living to 110 and being legally sound in mind and body. any run against
robert byrd has a blacklashing effect if its a smear campaign stooping to conquer for W.Va
voters will fear any undue change yet will only listen to pitches stemming from a
rational self-interest. for a republican to win, the voters would have to be given a
decision tree choise where any inevitable change has to be the one most beneficial
to the voters. the arguement of opting now rather than in the future for a new
direction... and this is as all are seeing the magnificent seniority inherent in having an
aging senator slipping away into senate legend. most W.Va voters hate risk-taking.

Aratus
05-22-2008, 11:56 AM

many democrats here voted him in again time after time even though we
baystaters as voters had heard of the strains on his marriage with his
first wife. we also never got anything more than a perfunctory speech by
him in short order that summer of 1972 that raised more puzzling questions
than it answered. he seems to have settled down in the past two decades
and was not heavily drinking, and ironically this may be due to his second marriage.
senator ted kennedy had gotten an annulment. i do trust you all indeed
know he's catholic. as an independent, i never voted in a democratic primary,
yet i also in the past voted him back into office. this is hard to explain to
people outside massachusetts or new england. why teddy is such a fixture.
only recently have i sworn not to vote for him again. i now think i'm on a
mission of mercy. i know he's decided not to have surgery. i suspect that
as senator kerry actually learns the art of getting bills passed, so that a
great portion of the weight can be lifted from teddy's sholders without
putting our state into a tailspin, we shall see a halving of all passed legislation
by our senate and house, with a stronger emphasis on quality as opposed
to quantity. if obama gets in, there goes bush's republican veto and majority.
teddy kennedy was the lion of the senate. john kerry is an immature lazy
lion cub by comparison. the next few months will see a significant seismic
shift in our local politics, and if mr. shilling the ballplayer is thinking about
teddy's seat, half the ptetrodactyl democratic establishment has a similar itch!:D

Aratus
05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I think (former?) Red Sox pitcher Curt Shilling
has his eye on Kennedy's seat. At least that was the rumor when he was up
in NH campaigning for McCain.

someone, hand HIM a copy of the "manifesto"!!! seriously!!! so he might THEN be OUR candidate!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Curt Schilling is an elitist piece of trash who likes to create unnecessary conflict for his own amusement.

Aratus
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
picture a three-way contest in 2012 in the republican primary if curt schilling, jim ogonowski
and mitt romney vie for poor teddy kennedy's seat... that would be quite a debate!!! i'd
almost think about becoming Republican and getting into THAT debate by running for the seat
if only to be part of the hot and furious exchange of ideas! seriously! i could try to be political!

JMann
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
No.

So? If you commit a crime would your first response be to go turn yourself in to the nice policeman? You would voluntarily set yourself up for a career ending prison sentence? You have to remember the people you are turning yourself in to are the kind of people that think if you get in a car accident you are a murderer.

I think my response would be to get in touch with an attorney to make sure all my rights are protected. There is no doubt the kind policeman will be happy with charging you leaving the scene but that is much better than murder I assure you.

JMann
05-22-2008, 01:37 PM
You need to educate yourself on that little incident. Ted Kennedy wasn't President of the U.S. because of this little...How did you put it? Accident?
I am saddened by his illness, however, his actions in this incident are closer to the status of criminal than victim. I know of a 16 year old girl who is still in prison over this type of thing.

Thank you for your advice on edicating meself. What the hell does your 16 girlfriend have to do with Kennedy? I know a 90 year old that smokes.

Remember the chick got in a car with a drunk driver making her incredible stupid and responsible for her life. I don't see how a libertarian thinks that the man is responsible for the woman's life. You get in a car with a drunk, good chance you die, that kind of stupidity is your fault not the drunk's fault.

I'm sure she was drunk and wanted some Kennedy booty so she decided to put her life at risk for some wood.

speciallyblend
05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
The Gop has become the fascist wing of the nazi party,that isnt harsh;) it's reality, Hopefully we can change this outcome soon.. my 2cents

qh4dotcom
05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
According to Citizens Against Government Waste, Byrd is the "King of Pork" having requested over 1 billion in earmarks.

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_byrddroppings

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Just milk that he could die at any time and bring up his past murder of that girl in a river when he was drunk.

Rovin' it up, I see.