PDA

View Full Version : How we can get million to revolution march ?

qwerty
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
www.revolutionmarch.com

Thatīs the address we all should spread!

Now how we get million people there ? Simple,

If just 10 dedicated people recruits 10 new people to march and ask them to recruit 10 more and so on! Everyone knows ten potential marchers!

Hereīs hot it goes.

10*10=100 marchers

100*10=1 000

1000*10=10 000

10 000*10=100 000

100 000*10=ONE MILLION!

Just ten dedicated people can get MILLION PEOPLE TO D.C!

qwerty
05-22-2008, 04:53 AM
Bump!

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2008, 06:05 AM
www.revolutionmarch.com

Thatīs the address we all should spread!

Now how we get million people there ? Simple,

If just 10 dedicated people recruits 10 new people to march and ask them to recruit 10 more and so on! Everyone knows ten potential marchers!

Hereīs hot it goes.

10*10=100 marchers

100*10=1 000

1000*10=10 000

10 000*10=100 000

100 000*10=ONE MILLION!

Just ten dedicated people can get MILLION PEOPLE TO D.C!

Good spirit, but I must ask...

Have you ever hosted a Tupperware party?
Are you a Amway customer / distributer?

This is chain letter math - forward to 10, and ask each of them to forward to 10... well, maybe 1-3 actually do it. and of those, since you probably know a lot of the same people as the person that sent it to you, you end up sending it back and forth among your own circle of friends, leading to even smaller propagation.

There are actually chain letters that started in the early 1960's that are still circulating and the vast majority of Americans have never heard about.

We have between 100,000 and 300,000 supporters total. Over 1 million people have voted for Ron Paul. If you REALLY want a Million people marching, (and the media almost never covers these things, btw) you could do what the Million Mom March did and:

A) hold it on a major holiday - in the MOM case, that was mothers day.
B) promote it as a free mothers day event, never mentioning it's about gun control
C) arrange for students in schools all over the area to be bussed in and get credit for attending.
D) lie about total attendance - MOM got 250 K if they were lucky, and clained to have gotten one million.

In our case, I suppose we could hype it as a free all day rock concert and put up fliers on every college campus and club withing 100 miles...

Then again, imagine the press interviewing 20 random participants:
12 of them: hu? - who's Ron Paul?
6 of them: Oh yeah, I heard about that guy - He doesn't stand a chance.
1 of them: Ron Paul - yeah, he's cool - I'ld vote for him.
1 of them: oh yeah! - I belong to a Meetup and went to a sign wave one....

Talk about PR disaster!

Wouldn't it be better to have actual Ron Paul supporters there?

Our local legislature has a rule of thumb. For every person that shows up in protest to a bill under consideration, they represent 50 others that did not show up. Think about it that way.

-n

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Actually, thinking about it - the March is expecting 25,000 to show. x 50 = 1,250,000 which is pretty close to the number of folks that voted for him. I'd say the formulas is pretty sound.

-n

qwerty
05-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Bump!

asgardshill
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Two words - free beer.

(Of course we might run into the same problem as I had the last time I had a "Jack Daniels and Glock" giveaway at my last meetup ...)

hillertexas
05-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Ron Paul should make a video asking people to go.

silvermarks
05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
What pisses me off is that people wiil sit and bitch about the government all the time. But when there is a way to show the government how they feel they can't take ONE day to show them we are not happy with what's going on . But they will be the first ones to question "what happened?" when the government comes knocking to give them their RFID chip !!!!!!!!!

sajorojas
05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Original million man march...

I'm guessing there were already a million black people in Maryland

yongrel
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
RP barely got 1 million folks to vote for him. You're deluding yourself if you think that many will show up in DC to putter around the Mall and spit in the Reflecting Pool.

SweetMona
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
In my gut feeling, I'm postively sure there will be about a million people coming to the march! 125,000 voters from neighboring state, Pennsylvania will come down with their families, children and friends. Thousands voters/supporters from other states will head to DC with their families and children. More friends will wake up and tag along with us! 1 million voters but there are many supporters who are underages will still come anyway. Also more people from international countries especially Canada will come!!! This will be one massive march in history!!!!

Keep on telling everyone about this march message and to share our loves of freedom and peace!

satchelmcqueen
05-22-2008, 06:58 PM
What pisses me off is that people wiil sit and bitch about the government all the time. But when there is a way to show the government how they feel they can't take ONE day to show them we are not happy with what's going on . But they will be the first ones to question "what happened?" when the government comes knocking to give them their RFID chip !!!!!!!!!

YES!! First i was going to go, but ive been cut back at work and i can barely afford gas, food and other family needed things, so now i cannot go. But i know what you mean. i am a huge Paul supporter and i see it all the time. people will say they will vote for him, but a few weeks will pass and they see no paul on TV but yet the other 3 are. you can almost pinpoint the moment they forget about Paul because it seems so overwhelming to fight for anything, or better yet inform themselves of Paul and his stance, such as a very simple search on youtube........even its its as simple as casting a vote or putting a sign up for the guy....then the whole, "im voting for blah instead just because i hate the other 2", Paul? Pisses me off! Most people have no fight in them and are weak PERIOD!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 06:24 AM
bump!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Bump!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
We have over 200 views on this topic, i hope everyone of those would do whatīs asked!

:cool:

Mach
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Not to be negative, but, as long as the March is promoted as a Ron Paul and Republican thing, the March numbers will not rise as high as they could.

In general it's a sales and marketing kinda thing, it doesn't matter how many supporters there are, we are only going to get a percentage of those people to actually show up at the March, some have legitimate excuses but a lot will make theirs up as they go, they need to have a "fire" lit under their ass before they "jump."

To get 1 Million to show up we're going to have to "sell" to at least a couple hundred million people, and not just mention it to them, repetition is key.

Has the MSM even mentioned the March? It's time to get the blimp back out!

I hate to say it, the more money that is spent on the March, the more people will show, not to mention entertainment, that is going to make a big difference too.

I think a goal of 1 Million is a good one, the higher you set your goals, the harder you work to achieve them, then, even if you don't achieve, you are still way above average. Now......... can you conceive?

qwerty
05-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Bump!

Primbs
05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
The Revolution March is going to need more donations to handle a million people.

Ron Paul and other prominent speakers are going to be around that day to sign books and talk with people. It will be a great way to meet all the big figures in the movement, including the top foreign policy experts, economic experts and Ron Paul.

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Bump!

xCakex
05-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Just registered with the revolution march website.

bendru
05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Not to be negative, but, as long as the March is promoted as a Ron Paul and Republican thing, the March numbers will not rise as high as they could.

I think this is correct. Unfortunately, many people think of Ron Paul as the weird guy and it can be difficult to really convince them otherwise. However, nearly everyone I talk to has strong feelings about at least one of the issues that he has brought forth. Many are frustrated with the value of the dollar going down (even if they don't understand it as the product of the Fed and a careless legislature.) Others are tired of hearing reports of military personnel not getting adequate equipment, etc. (even if they don't realize that it's because we have spread ourselves quite thin across the world.) Still others are tired of having to take their shoes off in the airport to prove that they are not a terrorist (even if they don't recognize the evils of things like Real ID, or the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007.)

My point here is that if we try to rally people around Ron Paul we will not be as successful as if we rally them around his (and our) ideals. People realistically recognize that Paul has a snowball's chance of winning the nomination and the subsequent election. As such they are not going to be excited to jump onto, what they may see as, a sinking ship.

Ultimately I have been presenting the Revolution March as a way for people to express their dissatisfaction with the status quo and the blatant abuse of our Constitution. This is a message that is attractive to nearly everyone I encounter.

On a related note I have also been questioning those around me about their familiarity with the Constitution of the United States. Many people readily admit that they have never read it (maybe in high school) and are mostly unfamiliar with its contents. Additionally, people that I have spoken to have the idea that it's difficult-to-understand legalese. In addition to promoting the March I have been encouraging people to take an hour, or so, and read through the United States Constitution as well as the Amendments. I think that this is a key part of our movement. People need to understand the foundation before they can fully appreciate how far we've strayed.

To support this effort I recently ordered 100 copies of the 'pocket-sized' Constitution from http://www.nccs.net [absolutely no affiliation] for $30 shipped and will be handing these out to people that I engage with in discussion.

"The more homogenous our citizens can be made in these particulars the greater will be our prospect of permanent union; and a primary object of such a national institution should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic what species of knowledge can be equally important and what duty more pressing on its legislature than to patronize a plan for communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?" - George Washington in his Eighth Annual Address December 7th 1796 (http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/documents/union/state8.html)

ronpaulhawaii
05-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I think this is correct. Unfortunately, many people think of Ron Paul as the weird guy and it can be difficult to really convince them otherwise. However, nearly everyone I talk to has strong feelings about at least one of the issues that he has brought forth. Many are frustrated with the value of the dollar going down (even if they don't understand it as the product of the Fed and a careless legislature.) Others are tired of hearing reports of military personnel not getting adequate equipment, etc. (even if they don't realize that it's because we have spread ourselves quite thin across the world.) Still others are tired of having to take their shoes off in the airport to prove that they are not a terrorist (even if they don't recognize the evils of things like Real ID, or the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007.)

My point here is that if we try to rally people around Ron Paul we will not be as successful as if we rally them around his (and our) ideals. People realistically recognize that Paul has a snowball's chance of winning the nomination and the subsequent election. As such they are not going to be excited to jump onto, what they may see as, a sinking ship.

Ultimately I have been presenting the Revolution March as a way for people to express their dissatisfaction with the status quo and the blatant abuse of our Constitution. This is a message that is attractive to nearly everyone I encounter.

On a related note I have also been questioning those around me about their familiarity with the Constitution of the United States. Many people readily admit that they have never read it (maybe in high school) and are mostly unfamiliar with its contents. Additionally, people that I have spoken to have the idea that it's difficult-to-understand legalese. In addition to promoting the March I have been encouraging people to take an hour, or so, and read through the United States Constitution as well as the Amendments. I think that this is a key part of our movement. People need to understand the foundation before they can fully appreciate how far we've strayed.

To support this effort I recently ordered 100 copies of the 'pocket-sized' Constitution from http://www.nccs.net [absolutely no affiliation] for $30 shipped and will be handing these out to people that I engage with in discussion.

"The more homogenous our citizens can be made in these particulars the greater will be our prospect of permanent union; and a primary object of such a national institution should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic what species of knowledge can be equally important and what duty more pressing on its legislature than to patronize a plan for communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?" - George Washington in his Eighth Annual Address December 7th 1796 (http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/documents/union/state8.html)

Great initiative :D E Komo Mai (welcome)

FreedomRings
05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
As far as I can tell, the are only four ways to get a million people:

1) Massive promotion and incentives (free food, beer, music, celebrities, cash prizes, etc.)

2) Ron Paul announces his independent candidacy.

3) US/Israel attacks Iran and the march is rebranded as a peace rally.

4) Ron Paul changes his position on amnesty; that way we can attract a million illegal immigrants to march with us.

None of those is likely to happen but we should do our best anyway and be prepared to act in case anything happens that allows us to broaden our appeal to the masses.

qwerty
05-24-2008, 11:26 PM
If just all the wannabees would do this and all this negativity would turn into positivity, we would have HUGE amount marchers.

But just guess that itīs too hard for most of you to spend 10 minutes of your life helping this cause!

It seems to be much more fun to talk bullshit and be negative towards anything than others do.

Omg, i hate some people in this movement!

:mad:

qwerty
05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I will be now clear with you !

Stop talking BS and stop crying and start spreading a word about the march!

We can get million people there cause FREEDOM IS POPULAR!

:cool:

Peace&Freedom
05-25-2008, 11:13 AM
The problems remains, REALISTICALLY expecting 500k to a million or more to attend without a high-power marketing machine to promote and organize it, is like demanding to travel from the east to the west coast in a few hours, without using a plane. Spreading the word or other 'dixie-cups connected by a string' level methods won't do when you need a real communications network.

As I wrote a few months ago when the Paul campaign announced they wouldn't be organizing the march: "The truth is, the HQ that is sitting on $6 million dollars of monies raised for a presidential campaign has backed away from spending any of it on this event. The grassroots might be able to pull off a modestly okay turnout, but most REALISTIC chances of producing the 500,000+ mass numbers just went away when the best funded entity declined to organize it."

Yes, let's spread word of mouth and get as many out as we can, but let's not kid ourselves that it will likely get us the numbers we want, or that admitting so amounts to 'negativity.' It's always positive to tell the truth.

Oyate
05-25-2008, 11:34 AM
How about we each carry 50,000 ants in our pockets? That will pump the numbers up. ;)

Oyate
05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Ah, sorry about that last post, I'm just joking around. I think it's healthy to have a sense of humor sometimes.

Anyways, I'm glad people care and want this to be a really big event but the numbers aren't important to me. To me, every thing like this is a training excersize. It builds confidence and capability in the movement each time we do something like this. It creates tons of volunteer opportunities. Not only do we learn from our jobs but we learn from other people as they do their jobs. We become better, more efficient and more effective activists.

newyearsrevolution08
05-25-2008, 02:07 PM
everyone bring a few blowup dolls and toss some ron paul gear on them. We can double or triple our numbers in a moments notice if needed lol.

bendru
05-26-2008, 12:53 PM
:confused:

I will be now clear with you !

I suppose I may be dense but I didn't find this clear at all and can't figure out how the following relates to what I wrote.

Stop talking BS and stop crying and start spreading a word about the march!

Did you read my post? Which part[s] do you consider BS/crying? As an aside, how do you think saying things like this and "OMG, I hate some people in this movement!" is going to draw people in? Infighting is never attractive and in general negativity is only attractive to a limited number. In order to appeal to the masses we should present a positive message, i.e. "Fiscal responsibility will lead to increased economic stability" vs. "The Fed sucks and hates babies!" It's easy to get people excited for the short-term against injustice. But ultimately I believe that if people don't fully understand the issues then they will just as quickly return from whence they came.

We can get million people there

While it would be great I think that this is unlikely.

cause FREEDOM IS POPULAR!

This I agree with whole-heartedly.

scotto2008
05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Two words - free beer.

Free beer -- $25 admission to the Porta-potties. We'll make a fortune.

SamuraisWisdom
05-27-2008, 02:36 PM
I think the key to this whole thing is organization and realizing what might keep people from coming and trying to fix those issues.

I believe that the number 1 issue for anyone who's already thinking of coming (ie not definitely coming but is a 'maybe') would be gas/travel expenses. The economy is tight and gas is through the roof with no immediate end in sight. We need to band together and have an organized system of public transportation to get people to DC, and maybe even help people with overnight stays if they need it.

#2. GET THE WORD OUT. I don't hear anybody outside of this forum talking about July 12th. If this movement / Ron Paul's candidacy ever had a problem it was lack of knowledge by the general public. I'll be making posters (with a modest message, nothing too flashy) and posting them around my town and some larger cities in the area. If people can collectively afford TV / newspaper advertising, it can't hurt ;) Just remember to keep it civil.

#3. Give people an incentive to go. Lots of people here have mentioned food and entertainment as a possibility and those are both good ideas. Making sure people know a list of speakers will also be helpful.

#4. This is more difficult, but I think we all need to find more sources of revenue for this thing. It won't be cheap and it won't be easy. We should probably pester the Paul campaign to help out seeing as how they were the ones that wanted this to happen in the first place. Maybe start a temporary charity group that sends part of the proceeds to the march and the other to a voted-on charity? Just a thought.

qwerty
06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Bump!

christagious
06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I agree with the person who said the more money spent and more entertainment, the more people will show up. It could be the first annual Freedomstock.
we can get performers who are freedom-minded:
in particular those who we know support Ron Paul such as Aimee Allen and Pokerface. not sure who else though.

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
I just can't believe that as of right now, only 207 people have donated to the cause. Come on, people! Even five bucks can make a difference!

cepivon
06-03-2008, 08:51 AM
This is futile. Why go on a march, when the Media WON'T BE THERE!!
The Media will be in St. Paul for the convention, and THAT's where we need to focus our people.

I don't know how to do this, but I'd hate to see hundreds of people spend money flying to D.C. when they could fly to St. Paul.

Ron Paul's son announced recently that he & his dad were going to St. Paul, whether or not he is invited!

We need to be THERE, not in D.C.

GigiBowman
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM

You said it silvermarks. And most of those people are on the Worldwide Ron Paul message board....ugh

anonymous6728
06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
We need to reach out to the grass roots that RP pulled out make himself look 'electable' in the primaries (that worked well) and tell them WHY we're marching.

- tell people we will be protesting the 9/11 cover up and are demanding a new investigation
- tell people we are protesting the NeoCon's police state, the Patriot Act, & Guantanamo Bay
- tell people we will be demanding that GWB and his band of psychos be arrested or impeached
- tell people we are there to protest the SPP, NAFTA, & the NAU, and jobs shipped out to China w/o penalty
- tell people we are there to demand the troops be brought back immediately from Iraq & Afghanistan
- tell people we don't want GWB to start WWIII by bombing Iran
- tell people that we are there to protest the price gouging by Big Oil

I don't know if it will be a million, but if people know what we stand for (or against), they are more likely to join the revolution.

Most people don't give a rat's ass about RP's Austrian economics or his thoughts on the Federal Reserve--they need tangible items they can easily grasp, not abstract concepts.

Tell Ron to unclinch his fist long enough to spend some of that $4M on Nation-wide promotion. This is his last chance to put forth the issues that really matter to Americans; the ones other politicians won't talk about. What's Ron got to lose?

If we don't aggressively promote the issues that I mentioned, I can make a pretty good guess how many people will be in D.C. on July 12.

- take the number of people in this forum and divide by 10.
- add the politicians drinking Ron's Kool-Aid
- add a few tourists and street people
---------------------------------------------------------
-multiply this amount by four to account for family members and volunteers

WE'LL BE LUCKY IF 1000 PEOPLE SHOW UP.

GigiBowman
06-03-2008, 10:17 AM
If just all the wannabees would do this and all this negativity would turn into positivity, we would have HUGE amount marchers.

But just guess that itīs too hard for most of you to spend 10 minutes of your life helping this cause!

It seems to be much more fun to talk bullshit and be negative towards anything than others do.

Omg, i hate some people in this movement!

:mad:

What pisses me off is that I went ahead and looked at a lot of the Ron Paul meet-ups and half of them didn't even have the March listed as a meet-up on July 12th!
How could they not even list it?

qwerty
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
The Media will be in St. Paul for the convention, and THAT's where we need to focus our people.

I don't know how to do this, but I'd hate to see hundreds of people spend money flying to D.C. when they could fly to St. Paul.

Ron Paul's son announced recently that he & his dad were going to St. Paul, whether or not he is invited!

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about!

Yeah you have three posts here and you are going to tell us what to do....

grit123
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM

Haven't you heard? The revolution won't be televised..

anonymous6728
06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
[rph edit - User banned]

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

see also:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1486479#post1486479

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1477771#post1477771

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1460820#post1460820

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
What are you talking about? Ron Paul is going to be there!