PDA

View Full Version : I personally know a cop....

american.swan
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Please VOTE in the poll.

I want input from all on this. What effect could we have by sending literature and perhaps Ron Paul's book to cops in our local areas?

I just imagine that the rumors about cops being ALL power hungry idiots who want to control people is far fetched. I don't get that impression from interviews on TV or documentaries and such. I think cops ON the job have stress that might make them a bit testy, but off the job they should be family men and woman like the rest of us.

Your opinion please....

nate895
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Cops aren't bad people. They love liberty just as much as the rest of us, it's just they happen to hold similar demographics as the general population as far as opinion goes, therefore some cops are bad.

american.swan
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Cops aren't bad people. They love liberty just as much as the rest of us, it's just they happen to hold similar demographics as the general population as far as opinion goes, therefore some cops are bad.

Good point. There are informed cops and sheeple cops.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Fellow in Tennesee sent a copy of C-Span's coverage of Ron Paul's "Neo-Conned" speech to cop friend a few years back.

He got arrested.

american.swan
05-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Fellow in Tennesee sent a copy of C-Span's coverage of Ron Paul's "Neo-Conned" speech to cop friend a few years back.

He got arrested.

Now if by "friend" you mean "friend" then I assume the "higher ups" arrested him. Not the "friend". Maybe you mean a different meaning :) :) :)

Kludge
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Other : Neutral to the idea. Cops deserve neither greater nor lesser preference in the distribution of free libertarian/conservative literature.

Conza88
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM

He got arrested.

Got any evidence or coverage of that - kind of like, proof the event actually took place?

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 03:02 AM
I said it was a bad idea (and I know a cop), but that's really a generalization. If you are aware of some less redneck-bastardly-motherfucker cops than I am, I'm sure sending them literature wouldn't be a horrible idea. I just don't know any nice, receptive, thinking cops.

hillbilly123069
05-22-2008, 03:13 AM
If it's RP stuff, they like him already. Around here anyway.They know he's Our last hope of salvaging Our government.They see the #'s like the rest of us and know it's manipulation or stupidity.

american.swan
05-22-2008, 03:57 AM
If it's RP stuff, they like him already. Around here anyway.They know he's Our last hope of salvaging Our government.They see the #'s like the rest of us and know it's manipulation or stupidity.

That's great. I'd like to live around your area.

A person could send whatever literature they wanted. I was thinking more along the lines of just law and freedom stuff. Stuff in line with Ron Paul's message, perhaps without mentioning his name which might cause barb wire and mine fields to go up in a persons mind.

LittleLightShining
05-22-2008, 05:34 AM
I know a retired cop who's a big Ron Paul supporter. And then there's this guy (http://www.newswithviews.com/Wallace/andrew7.htm). But I don't know if I would just send out copies to random cops. These are the same guys who are being warned by the FBI to be suspicious of people mentioning the Constitution. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
05-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Got any evidence or coverage of that - kind of like, proof the event actually took place?

First, apologize for the snarkiness of your comments.

I don't blow smoke out my ass about things like this.

Menacing and Terroristic Threatening

(Hickory, KY) - Investigators with the Kentucky State Police are attempting to deal with a flood of calls coming into Post after a Kentucky State Police investigation was discussed on a syndicated radio program this afternoon. On December 15, 2003, Trooper Lewie Dodd arrested 53 year-old Kelly Rushing of Fredonia, KY on charges of Menacing and Terroristic Threatening. Rushing is accused of placing anti-government propaganda in the mailbox of Trooper Dodd. Rushing is scheduled to appear in Lyon District Court Monday April 12, 2004 on the above-mentioned charges.

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.ky.gov/posts/press/2004/post1_pr04_9_04.htm

Mayfield (Kentucky) Post Commander Should Probably Instruct His Troopers on The First Amendment, Fourth Amendment and Probable Cause.

LYON COUNTY JURY SAYS NOT GUILTY PER CW FORECAST.

BY BOB FARLEY

COURTWATCHERS SENIOR REPORTER - COURTWATCHERS.ORG

Carpenter Kelly Rushing thought he was doing a good thing when he bought some video tapes from Alex Jones Productions, a firm in Austin , Texas that produces and markets what they call films exposing The New World Order. Clearly

Jones could be classified as a Right Wing Conservative for his views on the deterioration of the country under Bill Clinton and others like him. He has a right to do that under our Constitution. Rushing also taped a C-Span show in which Congressman. Ron Paul gave a talk titled Neo-Conned in which he detailed governmental corruption at all levels..

(Note from infowars.com April 13, 2004: In reversal of soviet-style police powers, Lyon County Kentucky Jury finds Kelly Rushing not-guilty of terroristic threats. You are still allowed to give public servants video tapes. What's incredible is that this even went to trial. So, the moral of the story is: some police would like to put citizens in jail for their political views.)

http://www.infowars.com/print/ps/cw_rushing_update.htm

Anti Federalist
05-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Now if by "friend" you mean "friend" then I assume the "higher ups" arrested him. Not the "friend". Maybe you mean a different meaning :) :) :)

See above stories.

According to Rushing, trooper who made the arrest was his friend, the one he dropped the literature off to.

I can't say if they were good friends or just acquaintances, that I don't know.

Point is, he got arrested and went to trial for passing out literature.

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-22-2008, 06:30 AM
I've met quite a few cops who like Ron Paul. My brother-in-law is a cop and likes RP on almost everything but is still delusional about foreign policy so we haven't been able to convert him yet.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2008, 06:37 AM
I've met quite a few cops who like Ron Paul. My brother-in-law is a cop and likes RP on almost everything but is still delusional about foreign policy so we haven't been able to convert him yet.

I'm sure there are, good Ron Paul minded cops that is, out there.

I know one or two myself.

OTOH, whenever you deal with cops, friends or not, always remember, they are enforcers of the state, and the state has all but declared us "enemy combatants".

So tread cautiously.