PDA

View Full Version : The "Who did you tell about Ron Paul today?" Thread

Perry
05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I was sitting in on a fourth grade class today trying to decide if I wanted to send My daughter to that school next year and I noticed written on the chalk board,
"Two Parties":
Republican ------------------ Democrat
John McCain - --------------- Hillary Clinton & barack Obama

I patiently waited until my observation time was concluded and when I got up to say goodbye to the class I humbly suggested to the teacher that she forgot one of the Republican candidates.

What? Who?
Ron Paul.
What was his last name?
Paul. Ron Paul.
Never heard of him.
...writes it on the board. :D

So who did you tell about Ron Paul today?

sratiug
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Great job!!!

Dorfsmith
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Love it :D I didn't tell anybody about Ron Paul today but I was informed recently that my grandfather-in-law was very angry about my son's Ron Paul T-shirt. Today I sent my grandfather-in-law a copy of the Manifesto. He's a neocon to the max and probably won't read it but at least I tried :D

Bruno
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Love it :D I didn't tell anybody about Ron Paul today but I was informed recently that my grandfather-in-law was very angry about my son's Ron Paul T-shirt. Today I sent my grandfather-in-law a copy of the Manifesto. He's a neocon to the max and probably won't read it but at least I tried :D

All he needs to do is open it up thinking he will get a good laugh at Ron Paul, and he will be converted. :)

pinkmandy
05-21-2008, 08:01 PM
WTG!

Well, I'm having a debate on a mothering board about why the Constitution is not fluid and meant to be interpreted with the times. I've done a lot of quoting out of the Manifesto and encouraged everyone to read it. Lots of lurkers on the thread and the gal I'm debating actually proved my point in the end which was funny. She said that the reason we lose rights is because the politicians are corrupt, not because we've accepted the Constitution as a living document- not seeing that it is because society has accepted the Constitution as being fluid that our politicians are not accountable anymore and define our rights for us. That was fun and I'm sure will continue to go on.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM

Keep us posted. :) I think he will read it, well if he gets to the end of the preface, he will.

I've given the book to my dad aswell. He's very busy, so hasn't started it yet.. and I've given Atlas Shrugged to my mother.... shes got a massive plane trip to Europe, said she'll read it on there... :D

Dorfsmith
05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Keep us posted. :) I think he will read it, well if he gets to the end of the preface, he will.

I've given the book to my dad aswell. He's very busy, so hasn't started it yet.. and I've given Atlas Shrugged to my mother.... shes got a massive plane trip to Europe, said she'll read it on there... :D

I will for sure. I also sent a copy last week to my uncle who is a huge fan of fox news. He should have received it today. If I get any feedback from either of them I will post it here.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I will for sure. I also sent a copy last week to my uncle who is a huge fan of fox news. He should have received it today. If I get any feedback from either of them I will post it here.

Follow up with a DVD of Outfoxed...

dload at link from my sig; then burn to disc.. :)