dude58677
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080521/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_farm_bill

AJ Antimony
05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Two words... lame. duck.

Jeremy
05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm sure he's done more than one thing right.

berrybunches
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm sure he's done more than one thing right.

He has hardly vetoed anything out of fear his war expenditures would not pass in the democratic controlled house. Thats why we have this huge debt.
You can thank the democrats for taking advantage of this and the republicans for putting party over ethics and country.

Mr. Coolidge
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
This plus he refused to sign the SCHIP (children's health care) bill. These are the only two things I can think of.

Yeah, and my senator helped start this legislation. Sad for Georgia. :(

RonPaulVolunteer
05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
He didn't fall for the global warming hoax, so that's another thing he did right. Not sure the list will be very long though.

JMann
05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else see that the economy and the e-conomy have taken a huge hit SINCE the democrats took over congress and the purse strings?

Bush gets the blame, as well he should, but damn people the economy was moving forward until Pelosi and Reed took control of the purse.

For some strange reason Bush gets torn apart over the economy when it was doing ok until Jan 2007. Not to mention the fact that this disgrace of a war has improved since the Republicans lost control and Bush went all out in Iraq.

RonPaul2000Ate
05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Not so fast.

But since it passed both houses of Congress with veto-proof majorities, his action will likely be overridden.

So Bush's veto is no good, and he knew it before he veto'd it. So he only veto'd it to make his reputation look better.

JMann
05-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Breaking News >> House Passes Override of Bush's Farm Bill Veto

James Madison
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
His tax cuts weren't all that bad. But yes, the dems in my opinion are creating even more of a pandora's box in Washington.

JMann
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
His tax cuts weren't all that bad. But yes, the dems in my opinion are creating even more of a pandora's box in Washington.

Just say it... Nancy Pelosi is a disaster and just wait until January 2009 when the Dems have a huge majority. They will take every penny they can, rape and abuse us but will throw you a bone by saying they won't listen to your international phone calls without a warrant.

Go Cindy Sheehan beat Nancy Pelosi!

OptionsTrader
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else see that the economy and the e-conomy have taken a huge hit SINCE the democrats took over congress and the purse strings?

Bush gets the blame, as well he should, but damn people the economy was moving forward until Pelosi and Reed took control of the purse.

For some strange reason Bush gets torn apart over the economy when it was doing ok until Jan 2007. Not to mention the fact that this disgrace of a war has improved since the Republicans lost control and Bush went all out in Iraq.

The congress doesn't have control of the real purse, but it should.

SeanEdwards
05-21-2008, 05:54 PM
He unilaterally reduced America's stockpile of nuclear weapons.

RonPaulFever
05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
[Misquote of Sean, redacted].

fixed

JMann
05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
The congress doesn't have control of the real purse, but it should.

They don't? Strange how this farm bill passed then. Also odd how for funding for the war keeps getting approved since the 'Crats took ova.

SeanEdwards
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
fixed

//

AJ Antimony
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Go Cindy Sheehan beat Nancy Pelosi!

+1

qh4dotcom
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
The most important thing Bush did while in office were his tax cuts....plus I recall he vetoed any attempt to increase taxes.

OptionsTrader
05-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm still waiting. Maybe he will turn himself in and confess for having committed war crimes. This man will never receive praise from me for anything he did that had a positive effect. He is a war criminal and a bold-faced liar. He belongs in prison. Threads about "good things" he may have done make me want to hurl.

Perhaps I will start a thread about the good things Charles Manson or Adolf Hitler did.

OptionsTrader
05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
They don't? Strange how this farm bill passed then. Also odd how for funding for the war keeps getting approved since the 'Crats took ova.

Congress has vanishing little control over "the real purse strings."

If they did we could vote out these bastards for a grossly adnormal effective tax rate that those who consume goods and services are being subjected to. Sure congress spends that cash you gave them with 17% of your paycheck or whatever it may be. But what about the money supply they have zero control over? The real purse? The purse that matters?

SeanEdwards
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Adolph built the autobahn.

kigol
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
lol

JMann
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Congress has vanishing little control over "the real purse strings."

If they did we could vote out these bastards for a grossly adnormal effective tax rate that those who consume goods and services are being subjected to. Sure congress spends that cash you gave them with 17% of your paycheck or whatever it may be. But what about the money supply they have zero control over? The real purse? The purse that matters?

Not even to mention the idiots in the senate that are screaming about oil companies making 10 cents a gallon gas when the feds tax us at double of that per gallon for nothing.

Zera
05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
This plus he refused to sign the SCHIP (children's health care) bill. These are the only two things I can think of.

Yeah, and my senator helped start this legislation. Sad for Georgia. :(

Isakson or Chambliss? I know Isakson used to be my district's house representative... Never really liked the guy.

UnReconstructed
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I like the Daylight Savings Thing he did.

jbuttell
05-21-2008, 08:37 PM
He didn't fall for the global warming hoax, so that's another thing he did right. Not sure the list will be very long though.

You sure about that... ?

James Madison
05-21-2008, 09:13 PM
You sure about that... ?

Yeah, didn't Bush say something about a carbon tax not too long ago?

Smiley Gladhands
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm calling it now: the only reason Bush is suddenly turning all free-market, no corporate handouts is so when the economy falls into the crapper the dems can blame the whole thing on LACK of government intervention. Then they can push through any amount of increased government spending and regulation and corporate subsidies with John Q Public behind them.

Bush is going to try to tie his legacy in with small government/free markets, and doom the philosophy to guilt-by-association.

IMO.

Mr. Coolidge
05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Isakson or Chambliss? I know Isakson used to be my district's house representative... Never really liked the guy.
Actually, it was Chambliss that I saw bragging about how he had introduced this bill a few years ago, and has been working on getting it through all this time. I think Chambliss is up for election this year.

My representative is really good with fiscal issues, and even the size of gov't. But (predictably) he supports the Iraq occupation, and always manages to sound like dumbass who thinks he's being a smartass every time he speaks. Kind of embarrassing. (Lynn Westmoreland is the guy)

As I'm learning more about politics, I'm glad to discover that Georgia politicians seem fine with tax code reform and fiscal responsibility...at least in their promises.