PDA

View Full Version : omg grassroots revolution

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
so i think i have an idea to start a new revolution.... i think i have some ideas.... I think I wanna do this.... what's everybody else think about Dj's ideas hahaha :P :) :D

sophocles07
05-21-2008, 03:28 PM
. ? .

amy31416
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I think DJ's been hittin' the pipe, yo.

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
wow man, that was a pretty profound statement.

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:31 PM
ooooooomg Amy what r u talkin about no that is not what I have been doing !

sophocles07
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/071012/071012_mushroom2_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg

?

Jeremy
um... explain...

The One
Are we about to award another ghemmy???

Kotin
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Are we about to award another ghemmy???

you have a nose for these things.

amy31416
05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
ooooooomg Amy what r u talkin about no that is not what I have been doing !

Of course not my sweet, obviously some troll hacked my account and said that. . .. .I've changed my password, now carry on. :)

mdh
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/071012/071012_mushroom2_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg

?

iz dat sum psilocybe cubensis?

sophocles07
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
si

Psionide
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
well what is the DJ's idea?

eok321
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
so i think i have an idea to start a new revolution.... i think i have some ideas.... I think I wanna do this.... what's everybody else think about Dj's ideas hahaha :P :) :D

No deal..i remember this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8143&highlight=drip

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
um... explain...

ok... so... we start another revolution! Only, now, we have all the time in the world to make a wicked plan.... so what would be the best way to start a new revolution?? Hmmm... I wonder... !

LibertyEagle
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
You're sounding a bit like George now, DJ. ;)

Mahkato
05-21-2008, 03:45 PM
This involves the Ron Paul Rocket (http://www.ronpaulrocket.com/), doesn't it.

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:48 PM
You're sounding a bit like George now, DJ. ;)

idk.. George is a cool guy, I got to know him a little bit... he really wanted RP to win just like all of us..

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:49 PM
This involves the Ron Paul Rocket (http://www.ronpaulrocket.com/), doesn't it.

Dude I will not submit a rocket/blimp/spaceship for the RP revolution.. that's not my style ya kno :)

sophocles07
05-21-2008, 03:49 PM
ok... so... we start another revolution! Only, now, we have all the time in the world to make a wicked plan.... so what would be the best way to start a new revolution?? Hmmm... I wonder... !

Seriously dude, name the drug.

DjLoTi
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Seriously dude, name the drug.

idk... freedom? That's what I was hooked on like 6 months ago... 6-9 months ago ;)

idiom
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Actually the emergence of a private space industry might be one of the most liberating things that could happen to the world.

I think that is a bit to profound for DJ's taste though.

mdh
05-21-2008, 03:55 PM

1> The Libertarian Party
2> Classical Conservative Coalitions in every state and a friendly takeover of the GOP
3> Operation Cat Herder
4> Advocacy for the NI4D
5> All of the above

amy31416
05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
idk... freedom? That's what I was hooked on like 6 months ago... 6-9 months ago ;)

Bring on the freedom brothah--now, attempt to tell us whatcha got up yer sleeve, if you can remember. :)

Jeremy
05-21-2008, 03:56 PM

We are working on congress now. So get going, we're still here! =) The two most popular candidates here are Murray Sabrin and William Lawson. There's also Vern McKinely and Amit Singh... and A LOT more.

It took the Goldwater revolution 15 years to bring the party back to conservatism. I'm sure we can do it in less time, but I will do it until I die if I really have to. =)

sophocles07
05-21-2008, 04:02 PM
idk... freedom? That's what I was hooked on like 6 months ago... 6-9 months ago

Hmm, riiight.

It's cough syrup isn't it?

The One
05-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Dj.....Is your dog sick?

MelissaWV
05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
How about you join the rEVOLution still going on? It's not past September yet. While you "took a break" the rest of us kept going and got things done as best we could. How is it you've shown up to "lead" a new rEVOLution, but you're the same person who drops everything as soon as things get rough? Can the members of that new group expect the same flippancy with their money, time, and effort?

Conza88
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
FFS why is it that all my ol' rp radio buddies are losing their minds? :(

The One
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Gubment mind control program????:D

They're trying to make us all look crazy.:eek:

torchbearer
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Perhaps the story about what went down with rpr would brighten this place up a bit. ;)

MelissaWV
05-21-2008, 11:36 PM
I am still precisely the same brand of crazy I've always been, in the same room I've always been in. mdh is still the same Just, Energetic, Rambunctious Knowitall, and in that same room as well!

Everyone else is all over the place.

And yes, I've noticed an incredible lean towards insanity amongst the RPR alums... I attribute mdh and myself surviving it unchanged to the fact that since we're already crazy, that's like a little layer of immunity to the ghemmy-crazy that's been sweeping people away.

Torchbearer: If you REALLY wanna hear what happened, you'll need an hour and an air-sickness bag. I'm not going to post every little transaction on here, though, because it'd just take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. And besides... I don't want the drama llama to show up :(

Conza88
05-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't want the drama llama to show up :(

http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/a/a7/Drama_Llama.jpg

:D

Bryan
05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
mdh is still the same jerk in the same room as well!
Please read and follow the forum guidelines:

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

:p :D :)

(yes, I know you two are married- this couldn't be passed up however...) :)

MelissaWV
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Please read and follow the forum guidelines:

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

:p :D :)

(yes, I know you two are married- this couldn't be passed up however...) :)

Wait I insulted myself, too :eek: or is that a typical minimalist response? I'm free to insult myself, but once my insulting spills over to others... *ponders*

Noted, however. I shall edit :D

constituent
05-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Perhaps the story about what went down with rpr would brighten this place up a bit. ;)

please... no.

let's not make petty shit public.

it started good, got bad, went from bad to worse...

mdh and melissa are still the shit though.

i haven't chatted it up w/ loti in a while, but he seems to be doing well.

what i wonder about is the fate of the original splinter group.

where are they now?

MelissaWV
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
1st Splinter Group was technically RPRR, which is undergoing a "reformat" and is not currently around in the recognizable way it had been before.

1A was DjLoTi leaving

2nd was the group that went to videos, and they are still around.

3rd split contributed to Revolution Broadcasting, also obviously still around.

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
look at what happened to this thread.. melissa what are you going on about...?? What's all this about RPR dude I owned that station back in like may and I made it happen, i worked really hard to expand the scene and make it bigger...

I mean Ron Paul didn't win so after like 9 months jeez like take a break is exactly what I did .. .

I'm always gonna be a Ron Paul supporter, he is by far the best candidate that ran in 2008. I just wanna do something new.. but not now.. maybe in like....... a week or two ( ??? ) who knows

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
oh and shouts out to all my homies who posted up on the thread :D

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Is it too early to start hyping up some massive new thing?? LoLz.. Please, I'm DjLoTi. I make it work and I make it happen.. I make it pop and RP ain't exactly been poppin as of late 4 me neway but what you must always remember... between me and you.. is that we live in different worlds, and that's the way it's always going to be, so I can't do what you can do, and neither for you can me, I'm Island, comeon.. Liveontheisland .. djloti ... i'm exactly what i was and what i'll probably always be... freggin me!!!! so comeon someone give me a hug

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
go tell it to the ocean pothead

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Wow, quick suggestion for you to be nicer to people in general since politics is such a people-thing... you're probably just jealous cuz u ain't seen the same beaches I had hahahah :D :)

CurtisLow
05-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I think DJ's been hittin' the pipe, yo.

That was my first thought too.... :D

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Dude ppl say that in real life too idk what it is .. maybe it's just cuz i act like a beach bum lol ...

MelissaWV
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
look at what happened to this thread.. melissa what are you going on about...?? What's all this about RPR dude I owned that station back in like may and I made it happen, i worked really hard to expand the scene and make it bigger...

And in those months you owned the station, you did not establish a corporate bank account, you did not pay obligations to people who paid out of their pockets to provide coverage for events, you asked for then didn't pay for apparel to be made, all in all leaving over $1000 in bills on top of the regular monthly costs. Unpaid.

You still have not told anyone what your fabulous new idea is, however I can rest assured that once you find people to do the actual *work* you will go AWOL, with or without the money, only to appear months later claiming that the people who carried on your work should just go to a beach and chillax.

"A New Revolution" OK... what's the goal? Who's the target audience? Who's going to do the work? How's it funded? Does it have anything to do with Ron Paul? If not why's it on here :(

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
omg melissa... you really bring the omg to the omg grassroots revolution thread...

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Melissa I don't know *what* you are talking about, but, it has nothing to do with me.

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.ninjadude.com/images/Wiggers/wigger-2.jpg

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 04:58 PM
You're probably trying to put me down because you don't feel good about yourself! lol

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah that must be it.

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Maybe you're just an idiot? =/

sophocles07
05-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I'll let the overall grammar and syntax of the thread speak for itself, "dj."

torchbearer
05-22-2008, 05:06 PM
And in those months you owned the station, you did not establish a corporate bank account, you did not pay obligations to people who paid out of their pockets to provide coverage for events, you asked for then didn't pay for apparel to be made, all in all leaving over $1000 in bills on top of the regular monthly costs. Unpaid.

You still have not told anyone what your fabulous new idea is, however I can rest assured that once you find people to do the actual *work* you will go AWOL, with or without the money, only to appear months later claiming that the people who carried on your work should just go to a beach and chillax.

"A New Revolution" OK... what's the goal? Who's the target audience? Who's going to do the work? How's it funded? Does it have anything to do with Ron Paul? If not why's it on here :(

Is that what happened to the station? I liked RPR, it should still be kicking..

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Torchbearer, you can think what you want, but I sold the radio station and hopefully it's being run by someone who can commit full-time to the project since I could not, and because of that RPR lost it's identity for awhile, but hopefully Rayzer42 makes it come back.. he's done a good job, I'd recommend adding the Ron Paul radio myspace to your friends list so you can catch the bulletins he puts out... he's had some good guests on

torchbearer
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Torchbearer, you can think what you want, but I sold the radio station and hopefully it's being run by someone who can commit full-time to the project since I could not, and because of that RPR lost it's identity for awhile, but hopefully Rayzer42 makes it come back.. he's done a good job, I'd recommend adding the Ron Paul radio myspace to your friends list so you can catch the bulletins he puts out... he's had some good guests on

I don't know what happened. that why I asked.

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, I can tell you that everything that happened with Ron Paul radio couldn't be explained in less then half a paragraph and certainly not by MelissaWV

MelissaWV
05-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Rayzer is now part of RevolutionBroadcasting.com

The domain name, RonPaulRadio.com, has been sold to Ray Powell by Nick (DjLoTi). The contract was signed, and payment has been made as agreed, but the domain name has not yet been transferred. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. <- from ronpaulradio.com (the website, which was all that was sold)

Requests from me to purchase or otherwise acquire the actual station itself as a brand or entity were unanswered. Btw you still own "LOTI,LLC" ... I hope you filed your taxes.

torchbearer
05-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, I can tell you that everything that happened with Ron Paul radio couldn't be explained in less then half a paragraph and certainly not by MelissaWV

I'd like to know. Thought you could give me a reader's digest of why its not online.
it was the perfect domain name.
Why isn't rayzor using the name?

torchbearer
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM

The domain name, RonPaulRadio.com, has been sold to Ray Powell by Nick (DjLoTi). The contract was signed, and payment has been made as agreed, but the domain name has not yet been transferred. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. <- from ronpaulradio.com (the website, which was all that was sold)

Requests from me to purchase or otherwise acquire the actual station itself as a brand or entity were unanswered. Btw you still own "LOTI,LLC" ... I hope you filed your taxes.

oh. DJ still has the login info? is this true? Can someone PM rayzor and invite him to this thread so I know who to believe on this? (if he is still online)

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Hey melissa, I gave him the website, he hasn't updated RPR.com yet... stay the fuck out of my business that you have no reason going into, since you literally know nothing about what was done or what I have done!! A nice example of how you just need to learn not to talk about things you don't know about, figure something out with matt or something since that's all you talk about anyway !!! Why don't you ask Matt what happened with all that shit back then?

LibertyEagle
05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Keep it civil, folks.

brandon
05-22-2008, 05:34 PM
If you guys have some free time (which it seems like you do) you can help us make phone calls for Murray Sabrin.

www.sabrinforsenate.net

MelissaWV
05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
If you guys have some free time (which it seems like you do) you can help us make phone calls for Murray Sabrin.

www.sabrinforsenate.net

*nods* milly posted this the other day and I've been helping when I can... I'm not just idling around ;) It's a worthy effort, though; I love that guy. Trying to get calls made before the weekend.

<3 Brandonyates <3

orlandoinfl
05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Loti's a crook. I donated $30 to RPR only to find out he took it and ran, along with thousands in other donations to the station.

Thanks for nothing.

Cowlesy
05-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I gave a $100 or $150 to this venture back in the day.

I learned my lesson.

That's probably why some people get very angry on here when I am a huge pain about transparency about those requesting donations for projects.

Legitimacy isn't the question, it's transparency when soliciting donations from strangers on the internet.

amy31416
05-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Is it just me, or is anything that is Ron Paul + Radio kind of a big mess?

brandon
05-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Is it just me, or is anything that is Ron Paul + Radio kind of a big mess?

Yes, that is why we should support more worthwhile causes such as the ron paul rocket. ;)

amy31416
05-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes, that is why we should support more worthwhile causes such as the ron paul rocket. ;)

Well ya talked me into it. :)

DjLoTi
05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Loti's a crook. I donated $30 to RPR only to find out he took it and ran, along with thousands in other donations to the station.

Thanks for nothing.

Man, you remember when I broadcasted live from Orlando, FL, for the debates? And we had that big afterparty/rally. Dude, you may think that money went to nothing but everything RPR was about was the movement, I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I don't respect your assertions nor do I respect many others.

Sorry but if it wasn't for the donations there would have been no Ron Paul radio, we did a lot of things on the donations, many people broadcasted live from debates and rallies and contrairy to popular belief, it was a lot of hard work and news flash, the campaign *crumbled*, if anybody knows this it's me for sure... It was just hard to make it happen, we tried to make people work and make everything perfect... and we *we're* successful because Ron Paul radio was all about the movement, and because of us I'd say it's a fair assessment that we improved major donation days for Ron Paul, and because of us we increased the revenue amounds for him. We were also the only on-scene reporting from the Iowa caucus. We had the official numbers first before *anybody* !!! It was a lot of work and I tried to make a good radio environment but the fact of the matter is it was an open donation policy, and I tried to keep things fair for everybody and make everything happen the best I could, it was all about the movement, so we had people broadcast that's what it was about....

The Ron Paul blimp got at least 150,000$$ for sure and for 30,000$ I could have had a real live radio station for 4 months in Iowa before the caucuses but that was back when nobody cared... I'm sorry if it wasn't everything you wanted but it wasn't exactly everything I wanted either, it wasn't perfect but we made the revoluton better and we really pushed the limit for Ron Paul. We did the best we could but it was really difficult, that's why I just couldn't do it, I hope everybody is happy with the things I did do because I really did work hard and did the best I could to make the best thing I could for Ron Paul and the movement.. And I am still very useful. Maybe I just don't understand why everybody's so upset but I am too, after all, I gave like $600+ to Ron Paul and he still didn't win, I sacrificed my dime, and I also did put money into RPR, so lets be easy here ppl...=/

acroso
05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
How many "McCain Troll Points" do you guys have?

LibertyEagle
05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I have no knowledge of the claims of missing money at the end, but I do know that DJLoti worked his backside off to get that radio station going. He did it on a wing and a prayer and had little help from anyone else for quite awhile. I personally thought it was amazing he pulled it off on the scale that he did.

Conza88
05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
RPR kicked some serious ass back in the day.
But I was really disappointed about the faction shit.. I thought people, and above all, OUR kind of people - could get over childish shit like personality clashes etc.. I think management could have been a lot better..

As terms of production, was pretty ace. Thanks for the good times, miss the packed irc chat.. :D

constituent
05-23-2008, 06:03 AM
RPR kicked some serious ass back in the day.
But I was really disappointed about the faction shit.. I thought people, and above all, OUR kind of people - could get over childish shit like personality clashes etc.. I think management could have been a lot better..

As terms of production, was pretty ace. Thanks for the good times, miss the packed irc chat.. :D

i would just like to echo this statement.

loti, welcome back.

micahnelson
05-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Id be down for a new tactic.... not to bring us back to the OP or anything...

constituent
05-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Id be down for a new tactic.... not to bring us back to the OP or anything...

yes, please don't. that might be constructive.