PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Monitor: "Ron Paul Revolt?"

wgadget
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
http://minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=4055

A significant amount of attention has been paid to the anti-war protesters and liberal demonstrators headed for the Republican National Convention, but a potentially more disruptive group of political activists threatens to descend on St. Paul this September in what has already been dubbed "Ron Paul's Revolt."

"I have a busload of Ron Paul supporters on the way to Minneapolis-Saint Paul for the National Convention, along with an expanding army of volunteers from more than 1,500 locations coast to coast. We are resolved to make these next few months count. We look forward to the list of speakers. We will converge on Minnesota regardless of whether you invite Dr. Paul, but we would prefer to stay in hotels and attend the convention as members of the Republican Party rather than stay at the YMCA and protest outside as disaffected ex-Republicans. The choice is yours."

That is the message Ron Paul supporters are sending to Maria Cino, chief executive officer of the Committee of Arrangements which is organizing the 2008 Republican National Convention. Paul's fervent followers have been frustrated by the Republican Party establishment as they continue to push their candidate's libertarian ideals. Many in the party view Paul as a nuisance for not ending his campaign and not endorsing Republican nominee John McCain.

The Paul campaign has been organizing for state and county conventions nationwide in an attempt to wrest delegates away from McCain. This has led to disruptions of state GOP conventions in Nevada, Maine, Hawaii, Idaho, and Georgia as well as district conventions in Minnesota. Now, word of an unconfirmed "Freedom Rally" to be held in St. Paul during the Republican National Convention is spreading through message boards, blogs and MeetUp groups. Such a demonstration could steal the spotlight from McCain and give the Republican Party a major headache going into the general election.

Paul spoke with radio station KTRH in Houston this past week and discussed the role of his supporters at the convention. When asked about a "revolt" at the convention, Paul said he wasn't sure that's the appropriate word, but "there certainly will be some challenges because the supporters I have, have been very energized." Asked what those challenges from his supporters in St. Paul may be, Paul said, "There is no specific plan."

While Paul's lawyers have apparently advised the candidate to avoid such a rally, the prospect of unrest is being used as leverage for a prime speaking slot at the convention. Furthermore, Paul himself may be helpless to stop his enthusiastic supporters from crashing the party if their dissatisfaction persists.

Listen: Paul interview on KTRH in Houston

Anti Federalist
05-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Watch the "system's" response to all this closely.

You will get a close up view of just how far gone our freedom is in Amerika.

torchbearer
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
link for radio interview?

Mahkato
05-21-2008, 02:02 PM
700 tasers.

RideTheDirt
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
that many couldn't stop 100,000 people with a goal.

rpfan2008
05-21-2008, 02:19 PM
While Paul's lawyers have apparently advised the candidate to avoid such a rally

anything specific on it?

acptulsa
05-21-2008, 02:20 PM
When asked about a "revolt" at the convention, Paul said he wasn't sure that's the appropriate word, but "there certainly will be some challenges because the supporters I have, have been very energized." Asked what those challenges from his supporters in St. Paul may be, Paul said, "There is no specific plan."

I just love the diplomacy Dr. Paul uses in trying to speak for us and not screw us up or limit us in any way while mildly trying not to turn mainstream old-line Republicans off of him or us or the message. I thought that sort of soft-pedal tact was a thing of the past and gone with the WWII generation. Beautiful balancing act he's deftly pulling off.

That's why I say we can't always wait for him to take the lead. There are times that the Republican team players who do not understand us any more than we understand them need to look upon him as the unfortunate shepherd that got stuck with a herd of cats.

Then all we have to do is show them why it's smarter to hang with the cats than run with the pack of dogs.

kpitcher
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
that many couldn't stop 100,000 people with a goal.

Think this will turn into another Chicago '68 style convention?

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
For those of us with a state convention still coming up, this kind of thing is going to doom us. We've been working on getting sympathy with some of the other delegates. When they read that we're going to disrupt the national convention, it turns them off to us. I don't know if we're going to be able to elect the rest of our national delegates at this point. We're going to try our very hardest, but this kind of thing really does hurt our chances.

LibertyEagle
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey Scrib. Good to see you here. :)

Eric21ND
05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
For those of us with a state convention still coming up, this kind of thing is going to doom us. We've been working on getting sympathy with some of the other delegates. When they read that we're going to disrupt the national convention, it turns them off to us. I don't know if we're going to be able to elect the rest of our national delegates at this point. We're going to try our very hardest, but this kind of thing really does hurt our chances.
We'll disrupt the convention with fireballs from our eyes and bolts of lightning from our ass! :rolleyes:

Dave
05-22-2008, 09:20 PM

QFT. Our odds get worse every time these stories pop up.

newbitech
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
We'll disrupt the convention with fireballs from our eyes and bolts of lightning from our ass! :rolleyes:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2007/05/03/braveheart460.jpg

Join The Paul Side
05-22-2008, 11:41 PM
http://minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=4055

A significant amount of attention has been paid to the anti-war protesters and liberal demonstrators headed for the Republican National Convention, but a potentially more disruptive group of political activists threatens to descend on St. Paul this September in what has already been dubbed "Ron Paul's Revolt."

Yeah Ron Paul Supporters plan to revolt. But by the time the national convention comes around, it will be an all out Conservative Revolt. Not just Ron Paul's people. But the majority of the Conservative Republican base and Christian Conservative Republican base also. I know it's a bold prediction, but I can see it going down this way :cool: