PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the new War Funding/Amnesty Bill

Join The Paul Side
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
1) When do they vote on it? Is it tomorrow?

2) Is the Senate voting on each item in the bill seperately or togeather as a whole?

3) Which side of this Bill is Juan McCain on? :rolleyes:

4) What happens if it passes? Can it be challenged?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26609

berrybunches
05-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I came to this site to ask this exact question. Anybody?

Join The Paul Side
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I wonder if this is true.........

Senate Leader Withdraws Amnesty Amendment to Iraq War Funding Bill!
By JBS Staff
Published: 2008-05-21 17:43

CongressDaily AM reported today that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) stripped the AgJOBS amnesty from the Iraq supplemental spending bill last night, as well as the increase in visas for employment-based permanent workers. However, provisions to increase H-2B visas for unskilled seasonal workers remain in the bill.

The H-2B provisions still in the bill, which were sponsored by Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), would exempt from the annual cap of 66,000 any H-2B nonagricultural seasonal workers who were admitted during the previous three years. This could increase the annual number of H-2B workers to over 400,000 by FY 2011. Please call your Senators to tell them to remove the H-2B visa increases, as well. The Capitol switchboard number is 202-224-3121. Call and ask to be connected to your Senator's office.

http://www.jbs.org/node/8149

berrybunches
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Reminds me of how REAL ID was slipped into emergency Katrina funding.

TruthisTreason
05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
1) When do they vote on it? Is it tomorrow?

My senator said "debate on it this week". So, they'll probably vote on it today...! :D

freelance
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Tomorrow. Do you really have to ASK which side McCain is on. Oh, and we're screwed. I have a feeling it's gonna pass this time. Everyone's worried about where the next gallon and meal scrap is going to come from to worry about this.

Join The Paul Side
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Tomorrow. Do you really have to ASK which side McCain is on.

Not really. I just threw that in there for a little sarcasm.

This bill must be a dream come true to Juan McCain. The war continues and all his illegal alien cousins from Panama get amnesty (more sarcasm for those who can't catch on). How can it get any better than that? :rolleyes:

Matt_in_Lex
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Now that the amnesty provisions have been removed, what's wrong with more non-agricultural Visas?

I always thought that was one of the solutions. Allow enough legal workers in to send the illegals home from lack of work. Then you get some tracking and background checks, etc. No?