PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul brings campaign to Ariz. with rally Thursday

Bradley in DC
05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/05/21/20080521B1-update0521.html

Ron Paul brings campaign to Ariz. with rally Thursday
18 comments by Anne Ryman - May. 21, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is coming to Phoenix to campaign on Thursday.

The Texas congressman will hold a rally that is open to the public at 6:30 p.m. at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, 7677 N. 16th St.

Even though Arizona Sen. John McCain is the presumptive Republican nominee with a majority of the Republican pledge delegates, Paul is still making appearances. He heads to San Diego after his appearance in Arizona.

HOLLYWOOD
05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
BUMP...

But why does this Campaign staff continuously hold Open Rallies in frigin small 300 HOTELS?

How about a Mall, or campus Hall or Arena... hell even most high school auditoriums in major cities hold 1500-2000...not a stuffy cramped hotel!

just another notch in the many Campaign staff blunders.

Chiznaddy
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
But why does this Campaign staff continuously hold Open Rallies in frigin small 300 HOTELS?

Friday, in San Diego, Paul will be attending a fundraiser brunch to raise money for the purchase of books to California delegates, legislators, schools, libraries, etc..

After, at noon on memorial day this Friday, he will be giving a speech at a rally at San Diego City Hall, outdoors, at the historic Civic Center Plaza. This facility will accomodate well over1,500 and should be a great outdoor public display as San Diegian's leave work early for their memorial day weekends.

jack555
05-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm so mad! LOL I'm going to phoenix tommorow night and staying at that hotel! I had no idea he would be there LOL. Unfortunately my plane leaves CA at 6:45 damn damn damn

acstichter
05-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I attended tonight and there were 800 others. Great night and our AZ state Republican Party chairman was present and made a nice welcoming address to us as part of the party. (McCain didn't even show up for his home state convention). We appreciated that the party chair would show up for Paul's visit. Very gracious.