PDA

View Full Version : I RonPaul-ed some NSA police

Tim724
05-21-2008, 08:12 AM
I drive past the NSA to get to work every day (on the B-W Parkway aka 295 between Baltimore and DC). For people unfamiliar, it has it's own exit off the highway...it is an "employees only" exit and always has a cop car or two sitting at the entrance.

This morning there was some police SUV speeding and weaving through traffic. It got caught behind me for a solid 1-2 minutes until the right lane opened up and it went around me.

It turns out it was the "NSA Police" with US Government license plates. I have a big RP 2008 cling sign in my back window as well as a bumper sticker for them to look at.

Not that it achieves anything whatsoever, but I always get a kick out of it when some Fed vehicle gets to see my RP stickers.

P.S. Since when did "NSA Police" exist? That was the first one I've ever seen. Though I do see Dept of Homeland Security police vehicles every once in a while on my commute.

How many Federal police agencies do we need??

amy31416
05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
I drive past the NSA to get to work every day (on the B-W Parkway aka 295 between Baltimore and DC). For people unfamiliar, it has it's own exit off the highway...it is an "employees only" exit and always has a cop car or two sitting at the entrance.

This morning there was some police SUV speeding and weaving through traffic. It got caught behind me for a solid 1-2 minutes until the right lane opened up and it went around me.

It turns out it was the "NSA Police" with US Government license plates. I have a big RP 2008 cling sign in my back window as well as a bumper sticker for them to look at.

Not that it achieves anything whatsoever, but I always get a kick out of it when some Fed vehicle gets to see my RP stickers.

P.S. Since when did "NSA Police" exist? That was the first one I've ever seen. Though I do see Dept of Homeland Security police vehicles every once in a while on my commute.

I don't recall ever seeing any NSA police on the BW Parkway when I was living there about 2 years ago--must be a new thing.

acptulsa
05-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't recall ever seeing any NSA police on the BW Parkway when I was living there about 2 years ago--must be a new thing.

Or if there were they didn't do anything so overt as to actually mark their vehicles that way until recently. The NSA hasn't been "out of the closet" that long. I remember when it was never, ever officially mentioned in public.

crazyfingers
05-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah I remember passing by that exit. Those guys are hard at work unconstitutionally spying on American citizens. No wonder they need so much security.

amy31416
05-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Or if there were they didn't do anything so overt as to actually mark their vehicles that way until recently. The NSA hasn't been "out of the closet" that long. I remember when it was never, ever officially mentioned in public.

Quite possible. . . lots of unmarked vehicles that were semi-obvious around those parts all the time.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Surprised they didn't blow out your tyres. With the reason, Glen Beck said you're a terrorist.

Aratus
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
bush has pulled CIA and NSA into a domestic timeframe.
in the past nsa was very hidden and under a ton of security
layers, and into encryption and/or decryption. in effect its
like turning a linguist inside MI-6 into MI-5 if not scotland yard.
bush has turned everyone federal into a variation of cop...
GOTO huston plan and COINTELPRO as percursors to the PATRIOT act II...

tekkierich
05-21-2008, 10:34 AM
How about this... A Ron Paul Republican has won the nomination in the district that Ft. Meade is in.

I hope you can help us out Tim.

Rhys
05-21-2008, 10:40 AM

I never heard of NSA Police, but we have Dept. of Homeland Security Police cars in my town now. First time I saw one, I shit.

what do you think would happen if you went balls to the wall down that exit? would they shoot?

acptulsa
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
what do you think would happen if you went balls to the wall down that exit? would they shoot?

What the hell else do they have to do? It isn't like they've got anything useful to tend to.

They're bored civil servants just praying for some excitement. Try it and see what you get--but remember what curiosity did to the cat...

berrybunches
05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
How many federal security/police agencies do we need?

Dept. of Homeland security
Fema
FBI
CIA
ATF
NSA
DOD
DEA

And thats just the main ones, there are many more.

Psionide
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
How many federal security/police agencies do we need?

Dept. of Homeland security
Fema
FBI
CIA
ATF
NSA
DOD
DEA

And thats just the main ones, there are many more.

Don't forget the IRS... I remember the joke about the NSA being "No Such Agency". Secret police has become a standard model here in the states.

acptulsa
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't forget the IRS... I remember the joke about the NSA being "No Such Agency". Secret police has become a standard model here in the states.

What about the oldies but goodies? Secret Service? Treasury Agents (T-Men)?