PDA

View Full Version : is RP congressional seat secure now even if he runs 3rd party

BarryDonegan
05-20-2008, 06:26 PM
if someone was going to challenge him, wouldn't they have had to petition already?

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 06:26 PM
3rd party? why

AJ Antimony
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Why run 3rd party when he could run Independent?

Kotin
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Independent Run would be better

I dont know, but they would probably get a Democrat to run against him..

nate895
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Independent Run would be better

I dont know, but they would probably get a Democrat to run against him..

They can't get a Democrat now that the primary has passed.

His seat is safe, unless if you consider "Libertarian" serious opposition to Ron Paul. It is too late to run Indy because ballot access has passed in Texas and a couple other states.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah, even Ron Paul himself said something about how he was going to be "strolling gently" into another two years since he's unopposed (see the NPR interview last week).

Pauliana
05-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Dude. He's not going to run indy or 3rd party. Get over it.

Besides, I wouldn't wish the presidency on RP at this stage. Winning the election will be like winning the driver's seat as the bus plummets off the cliff.

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Dude. He's not going to run indy or 3rd party. Get over it.

Besides, I wouldn't wish the presidency on RP at this stage. Winning the election will be like winning the driver's seat as the bus plummets off the cliff.

EXACTLY, the dems will take it and we all know what will end up happening SO let's continue educating people so when the collapse happens OR the next election whichever is first THEY VOTE CORRECTLY the next time.

I am giving Americans the benefit of the doubt and going to blame it on the msm. Now if we continue the revolution and MASSIVELY spread this message and the majority of Americans STILL vote unconstitutionally then we get what we deserve.

AJ Antimony
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
It is too late to run Indy because ballot access has passed in Texas and a couple other states.

What the hell? Parties don't even have a nominated candidate yet, how the hell has 'ballot access passed'?

nate895
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
What the hell? Parties don't even have a nominated candidate yet, how the hell has 'ballot access passed'?

The deadline to qualify parties has passed. Texas LPers are qualified, I believe, so that would be the only way to get Paul on the ballot.

RonPaul2000Ate
05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Ron Paul is going to run Independent after he fails to get the Republican Nomination.

nate895
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Ron Paul is going to run Independent after he fails to get the Republican Nomination.

As a write-in, or take a party line?