PDA

View Full Version : Boys getting boob jobs......

The One
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
This is the one and only exception to my personal rule that breast reductions are never acceptable.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article3964936.ece

ARealConservative
05-20-2008, 02:41 PM
I would blame marijuana for this before I would blame over eating.

amy31416
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I would blame marijuana for this before I would blame over eating.

What? I know plenty of potheads, they're all skinny. Certainly never seen any evidence of boobage.

ARealConservative
05-20-2008, 03:00 PM
What? I know plenty of potheads, they're all skinny. Certainly never seen any evidence of boobage.

gynecomastia is not simply fatty tissues in male breasts, so you can't explain it away with the process of the human body converting excess calories into fat stores.

Nor does marijuana produce such a result in a high percentage of cases, but the link is scientifically backed.

amy31416
05-20-2008, 03:01 PM
gynecomastia is not simply fatty tissues in male breasts, so you can't explain it away with the process of the human body converting excess calories into fat stores.

Nor does marijuana produce such a result in a high percentage of cases, but the link is scientifically backed.

Maybe so, but I don't think there's been a dramatic increase in pot-smoking that can account for this.

LittleLightShining
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... Growth hormones in milk and poultry? The increased use of soy in processed foods?

ARealConservative
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Maybe so, but I don't think there's been a dramatic increase in pot-smoking that can account for this.

I don't think marijuana is the sole blame here. I'm only saying that over eating is not going to grow man boobs and marijuana use is something I would look into before blaming it on excess consumption.

If you are fat all over, you will also be fat in the chest, but the condition they are referring too is the non symmetric store of fat in the chest area.

Nirvikalpa
05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Gynaecomastia is a very serious thing - a lot of men go through it, surprisingly - the only way to really hide it is through compression shirts and undershirts. During puberty, it's also common for young men to get excess fatty tissue along the breasts - and it goes away before college. I've read numbers as high as 60% of pubescent young men go through this.

Also, you can be thin and suffer from gynaecomastia - men who have problems with the production of androgens often suffer from this. For this article to point of dieting problems kind of angers me - it seems they are just pointing the finger without looking for other reasons, such as hormonal imbalances, looking at the hormones in the food, pollution in the air, medication the boys were on, genetics, etc.

dannno
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Cannabis does not cause man boobs, nor does it cause over-eating in the longterm (though I won't deny the occasional munchy binge, I have actually lost quite a bit of weight and eat much healthier since I started smoking)

WRellim
05-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Hmmm... Growth hormones in milk and poultry? The increased use of soy in processed foods?

BINGO! We have a winner folks!

(Just glad this thread isn't about IMPLANTS... which was my first thought when I saw the title! :eek: )

LittleLightShining
05-20-2008, 04:44 PM
BINGO! We have a winner folks!

(Just glad this thread isn't about IMPLANTS... which was my first thought when I saw the title! :eek: )Too funny. I did, too.

SeanEdwards
05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Cannabis does not cause man boobs, nor does it cause over-eating in the longterm (though I won't deny the occasional munchy binge, I have actually lost quite a bit of weight and eat much healthier since I started smoking)

There's actually quite a lot of evidence that associates marijuana usage with gynocomastia. It's probably not a direct cause-effect relationship but it could be a contributing factor.

ARealConservative
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
There's actually quite a lot of evidence that associates marijuana usage with gynocomastia. It's probably not a direct cause-effect relationship but it could be a contributing factor.

Studies have shown that it lowers testosterone production in a small percentage of users.

Dr's aren't sure what causes gynocomastia, but a hormonal imbalance is believed to be the culprit

I know that some marijuana users like to believe no side effects exist, but it simply isn't true.

Fight-n-Mad
05-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Studies have shown that it lowers testosterone production in a small percentage of users.

Dr's aren't sure what causes gynocomastia, but a hormonal imbalance is believed to be the culprit

I know that some marijuana users like to believe no side effects exist, but it simply isn't true.

No side effects whatsoever. And for your information, there aren't any side effects either. :)

But seriously.. I've never met anyone who honestly thought there weren't any. It's just that there is soooo much grossly exaggerated and downright deceptive information used to justify arresting nearly a million Americans every year. And it's not just stoners debunking this crap. Some of us don't smoke, or at least haven't in quite a few years.

The "pot causes man-boobs" thing is nice little homophobic myth that came from a study in the 70's, and has since been proven wrong by several studies showing it has no effect on hormone levels.

Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA.

Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

To investigate possible effects of chronic marijuana use on reproductive and stress hormones, we assayed testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, and cortisol in 93 men and 56 women with a mean (+/- S.E.) age of 23.5 +/- 0.4 years. Hormone values were compared among groups of subjects stratified according to frequency of marijuana use (frequent, moderate and infrequent; N = 27, 18, and 30, respectively) and non-using controls (N = 74). Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

PMID: 1935564 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

That study was done in '91. Here's what Dr. Block said in the press release, which is plastered all over the web:

NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's
typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including "possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use."
Block's study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

If you can point to some hard evidence that says otherwise, I'd love to see it.

Alcohol, on the other hand, has been conclusively proven to cause serious hormonal problems.

youngbuck
05-25-2008, 11:04 AM

That's exactly what came to my mind, especially the soy part which will really mess up your hormones.

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Conza88
05-25-2008, 11:30 AM
^ Ohhhh come ON!
I think I just threw up a lil in my mouth. haha

Kludge
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLS1-P3yzdb9KRDUAxgxMghV1ITyUnwgpg

Bwahahahahaha

youngbuck
05-25-2008, 06:53 PM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLS1-P3yzdb9KRDUAxgxMghV1ITyUnwgpg

Bwahahahahaha

LOL!!!!!!!!

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 08:14 PM

Conza88
05-25-2008, 08:21 PM
How were these NSFW?!!?!?

They are simply guy breasts... You can walk around in public and it's acceptable... Why must that be NSFW when it wasn't female breasts I was posting pictures of?!?!

NSFW - because they were GUY breasts.. hahaha, you'd be safer if they were ladies goodies... not guys. lmfao :D But seriously, I felt ill for like 30 min after that. Lols

Matt Collins
05-25-2008, 10:30 PM
But seriously, I felt ill for like 30 min after that. LolsYou're welcome! :cool:

NaT805
05-26-2008, 01:11 AM
I've read studies of rats and mice that were given marijuana and they had reduced body fat and were more lean than their brothers and didn't develop cancer and lived longer than other rats/mice from the same litter.

Roxi
05-26-2008, 03:41 PM
if pot makes your boobies big i must have missed out :D

angelatc
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
This is the one and only exception to my personal rule that breast reductions are never acceptable.

And they're not acceptable because it's more important for you to be subliminally entertained for 30 seconds than for a woman to not have a myriad of health problems that result from carrying excess tissue.

Got it.

Agent CSL
05-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Sup /6/