PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Donor Offers Turn-key Convention to Nevada State GOP

hrdman2luv
05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
RENO, Nev. — The Ron Paul campaign has learned that apparently an anonymous Republican donor in Washoe County sent a letter to the State Republican GOP Chairwoman Sue Lowden, informing Ms. Lowden that they have booked a room and arranged a turn-key convention at the Grand Sierra Resort in an attempt to help the Nevada Republican Party reconvene the recessed Nevada State GOP convention.

"The Ron Paul campaign is not responsible in any way for this donation," said Jeff Greenspan, Southwest Regional Coordinator for the Ron Paul campaign. The Ron Paul campaign has learned that the letter offering the use of this facility to Ms. Lowden was sent on Thursday, May 15th. "We only learned late Thursday afternoon that apparently this letter was sent. However, from the campaign's perspective, this seems to be a great opportunity to resolve the situation that occurred on April 26th in a satisfactory manner for everyone."

The anonymous donor has reserved the Grand Ballroom at the Grand Sierra Resort on Saturday, June 7th, for the entire day, and is offering the use of the room to the Nevada State GOP. The room has been equipped to accommodate the needs and requirements of the nearly 1,400 delegates to the State Convention. The use of this facility will be at no cost to the Party, as a result of this in-kind donation.

The Nevada State Republican Convention was recessed on April 26th. Ballot counting for national delegates from Congressional Districts 1 and 3 had been completed, but vote counting for Congressional District 2 was still in progress when the convention was recessed. At-large delegates still needed to be selected, and resolutions have not yet been passed.

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/606565.html

RonPaulFever
05-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Omg It's The Billionaire!!11

voytechs
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Revolution at work. Now no more excuses GOP and elect RP delegates!

hrdman2luv
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Never underestimate the powerful connections within the neocons.
If Ronald Reagan can be bought (aka General Electric), then anyone can.
What has been said and done on the private phone calls and back room dealings might come to light at this new and improved convention.

Olive branches that have thorns.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
You say ya want a revolution....

Rhys
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM
i'm not holding my breath. it would make the GOP look bad to take this donation. (in their neocon thinking.) I know when I was a neocon, I'd have said no because it would make me look like I'm caving in to something or at least that I wasn't good enough to come up with my own convention center.

Joseph Hart
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Penn Jillette

hrdman2luv
05-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Penn Jillette

The Magician? He's great. He could have left the racist part of his comments out of his support comments.

Your not saying that Penn, was the donor or the billionaire are you?

szczebrzeszyn
05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Haven't they already said that they were not interested in this offer? I'm sure I've read about it here a few days ago

hrdman2luv
05-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Haven't they already said that they were not interested in this offer? I'm sure I've read about it here a few days ago

Yes, thats what they said. But this thread is a few days old also. I guess they want to use the excuse that "since its funded by a Ron Paul supporter, then it could be a fair challenge for Ron Paul. And they don't want that to happen. Someone who disagrees with them having a fair chance of being heard at the convention. Or quite possibly even getting the nomination.

Soccrmastr
05-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Omg It's The Billionaire!!11

First thing I thought too lmao.