PDA

View Full Version : HUH? Can You Connect Ron Paul to Gold and Burma ???

FreestarMediaDotCom
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something, or perhaps the writer at the L.A. Times is missing a few cards in his deck. Read the first three sentences of this article about Ron Paul and tell me what connection the second sentence has to the other two, or anything else in the article.

"Rep. Ron Paul is a presidential candidate who supports a return to the gold standard, among many other things. Although he's got no sympathy for Burma's cyclone victims.
Now, we know that Paul puts his personal money where his personal mouth, and public policy, are -- in precious metals."

Huh? Burma? What does that have to do with anything else in the article?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/ronpaulgold.html

:confused:

crazyfingers
05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Obvious smear attempt trying to elicit a response in the reader's mind. "The gold standard? What a nut!"

Give me liberty
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Although he's got no sympathy for Burma's cyclone victims.

Really? what does ron paul say about Burma?

And as for the The gold standard wasn't jesus against GOLD?

Kotin
05-20-2008, 11:39 AM
wtf...

OhioMichael
05-20-2008, 11:42 AM
The article is an attempt to paint Ron Paul as an uncaring, money-grubbing, old, hypocritical crackpot.

The article isn't very cohesively written and doesn't speak to any real issues. It a half-baked smear campaign that, frankly, is not very well written.

I would say that I am disappointed in the LATimes, but I have no positive expectations from that publication.

lasenorita
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Ron Paul ... an uncaring, money-grubbing, old, hypocritical crackpot.

LMAO. I know I shouldn't laugh because there are too many who actually believe that ...but the charge is absolutely ridiculous!

I take it the author likes having his dollars devalued and who knows ...maybe he enjoys paying more for his food and gas every year. As for having sympathy for the victims of terrible disasters, does lip-service count? Is forcibly taking money from one downtrodden person to help out another even more downtrodden person sympathetic? And is investing in precious metals and planning for the future a bad thing these days? :confused:

There was a silly bit of controversy about the word 'bitter' a while back. Maybe the writer is. :rolleyes:

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Malcolm is making too much money lately by smearing Ron Paul. But still he misses the point, he thinks he is causing us harm, but he doesn't know that there is nothing like 'ex-Ron Paul supporter'.

Rhys
05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
it's not news without malcom's spin. how many times has dp been in the news based on "an LA Times story this week claims..."