PDA

View Full Version : Change of tactics for Ron Paul supporters

hillertexas
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
From my MySpace bulletins...something to consider.

__________________________________________________ ________
A change of Tactics for RP delegates and alternates..

REPOST

This story pertains to the recent Colorado county convention but it is a strategy every Ron Paul delegate and alternate needs to follow now.. Stealth was the first stage of the plan...now it's time to open up the flood gates and make yourselves heard!!

************************************************** **********************************

We learned a lot at the CD6 assembly, and stealth does NOT work!
Here are the lessons we learned:

* Go public..
After county assemblies, never go stealth
* Be absolutely certain that all delegates on your slate are “clean” so they cannot be excluded for any reason
* If promoted from alternate to delegate, be sure you get the correct credentials
* Only print 3 names on CD slates, 22 names on the State slate
* Join these advocacy groups: RMGO, CUT & RNCFL
* Get local candidates helping you by you helping them
* Object to ALL rule changes, no matter how reasonable they seem
* Have 2 tables, one inside and one outside
* Sign wavers and lots and lots of signs

If you feel the following information does not apply to your CD, by all means, continue going stealth.. However, we believe the arguments against stealth are far too numerous. We feel that stealth worked well in the precinct caucuses, but the GOP organized and adjusted quickly..

We must now do a 180 on them, come out publicly, and start showing our strength!

At the assembly different people, from delegates, Ex Committee members, and candidates came up and asked if we were flash in the pan Republicans and if we were going to drop out after the election..

I told them, for me personally, no, for I want to utilize the best tool around to get people elected.. Libs and the others don't really accomplish that goal, and we need to take the Republican back over from the inside out.. They loved hearing that, said they would support us, and put on a RP sticker.. THEY are looking for commitment from us, just as we want commitment from them to support RP..

With that said, our new requirement for staying on our slates is to sign the following pledge, using your real name and address:

“I am a Ron Paul Republican. I promise to defend the Constitution and the Republic and remain in the Republican Party after the election is over.. I will continue to fight for real conservative values until we re-take our party.. I am not a Republican who votes for liberals..

”If you can’t sign the pledge, you will not be on our slate..

GO PUBLIC, NEVER GO STEALTH
I learned a valuable lesson from a more Party-established, elderly woman today.. She asked me why we were there.. She said it was obvious from the CD6 national nominee list that Ron Paul has little support.. I said he has plenty of support, what do you mean? She replied by holding up the list again and showed me all of the names with McCain behind them and only two with RP.. I told her that all of the blanks were for RP too..

She said really? Aren’t you proud of him?

You could have knocked me over with a feathe.r. My word! Of course I’m proud of him…but being stealth does not show it.. Lesson learned..

After the vote, we had many, MANY people coming to the booth asking where was the RP slate.. I showed them the slate that we had and then they said, OH! We were looking for “RON PAUL” on the paper itself. Another lesson learned..

There were also two men talking behind the curtain of our booth, and they were laughing that we even thought we could go stealth since they had the list of RP donors.. Lesson learned..

Furthermore, and most importantly, our delegates felt demoralized by having to suppress themselves..

If we’re out in the open it will encourage the silent Ron Paul majority to step up, thus uniting us as one powerful voting force!

ACTION ITEM: Contact anyone that was a delegate or alternate to COUNTY! Why? They TOO can submit the forms of intent to run for national.. Reason? Imagine looking at a list of National nominees that has 800 people on it.. Now imagine 488 names are followed by “Ron Paul”..

People will perceive that over 50% of the seated delegates/alternates are RP! Do you see how this can work for us?

Also, if the CO GOP perceives that Ron Paul has more support than McCain, they might issue an invitation for him to speak..

ONLY FIELD “CLEAN” DELEGATES ON YOUR SLATE
Have all of you received you letters from the State GOP saying you are ok to be a delegate/alternate to State? The reason why a rule change was able to disqualify our lead delegate is because he had changed his address and then the chair person made our delegate an “at large” delegate which was unique enough it could be innocuously changed.. Lesson learned..

Be SURE you are properly credentialed..

ONLY HAVE 3 NAMES ON THE SLATE FOR CD’S AND 22 FOR STATE
All the other slates only had 3 names on them.. Obviously they are doing this because this works. By having 6 on our slate we diluted our vote.. Lesson learned..

ACTION ITEM: All of you in each remaining CD must let me know who will be on your slate.. I suggest you start with the people you already voted on and go from there.. Since we have a mole, they already know our slate, so I leave it up to you as to who should be your top 3 in your CD.. Email me and let me know.. CD7! Get crackin’! Your CD is on Monday, and we will be handing out the Ron Paul delegate pledge (posted on the MUG, please print out, sign and fax/email back) with your names on it along with the comparison postcard..

IF PROMOTED FROM ALTERNATE TO DELEGATE, BE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT CREDENTIALS
If anyone is an alternate who is seated as a delegate, make sure that the credentials (name badge or pass) of the delegate you're filling in for are given to you when you're called up.. You should have both your alternate credentials and the credentials of the delegate you're replacing.. If you don't have these credentials your ballot will not be accepted.. Immediately look through any envelopes, etc that you're given and if the credentials aren't there, bring it up with the person who told you were being seated as a delegate before leaving their presence..

JOIN THE RIGHT ADVOCACY GROUPS
The three most effective pressure groups in Colorado just happen to agree with Ron Paul’s principles: RMGO, CUT & RNCFL.. These are the groups that get delegates elected to the national convention..

ACTION ITEM: Become a paying member of these organizations, if you can sign their pledges in good conscience:
1) RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners)
2) CUT (Colorado Union of Taxpayers)
3) RNCFL (Republican National Coalition for Life)
When you sign up, make it 100% clear that you are a “Ron Paul Republican”..

These three organizations will become acutely aware that most of their membership is active Ron Paul Republicans

HELP CANDIDATES HELP YOU
Be active in local candidate races and make it clear that they know exactly how many grassroots supporters are RPRs.. They will quickly realize that most McCain supporters just bitch and moan but never help out unless they get paid! Repeatedly, but gently, ask candidates if they’ll sign the Ron Paul Republicans for Colorado pledge.. Even if they say, “No” they’re going to have to reconsider their position if lots of people ask the same question..

Also, tell them they can get National Donations if they get RP’s endorsement. Ask Bonnie how to accomplish this..

Occasionally, you’ll find a politician who wants your support badly. They may help you get on other slates. They may really listen to your ideas and start publicly speaking our language. They may be willing to block subversive Party railroading. You CAN teach an old politician new tricks..

ALWAYS OBJECT TO RULE CHANGES
There was a rule change at the very beginning of the assembly, which was introduced verbally with the rules committee report.. It seemed quite innocent to us at the time, but we later learned that it had the effect of knocking our top-billed delegate out of the running..

The rule change was "Ballots cast for anyone other than a valid candidate or for no candidate will be considered illegal".. It turns out that our top candidate had moved and didn't meet the definition even though he was on the official ballot.. Two lessons can come from this: first, we should be diligent about our slates and if there's any question about someone's eligibilty, err on the side of caution.. Second, any last-minute rule changes at all should be viewed with great suspicion.. In retrospect, we think the proper course of action would have been to object to adopting the rules with this change by consent, saying that we just wanted an explanation of the reason this rule was needed and why it wasn't in the printed rules distributed before the event.. This would have forced debate without making a huge fuss and would have given us time to realize the effects.. We would suggest that if there are any changes at all in other assemblies from the printed rule, someone should object along similar lines.. Lesson learned..

Our opponents are acting out of desperation: One of the other delegates on Senator Ted Harvey’s slate turned against our delegate even though they were on the same slate! They’re biting the hand that feeds them!

ACTION ITEM: Learn Robert’s Rules of Order, but even more important is to learn the strategies used by parliamentarians.. I know this is a big action item, which is why it may be easier to locate someone who already knows parliamentary procedure to help us out. It is impossible to determine all the consequences of a “simple” rule change in a few minutes of debate, much less the few seconds that the chair allows you to object.. So, ALWAYS object to a rule change and demand an explanation as to why they want to change the rules..

HAVE TWO TABLES, ONE INSIDE AND ONE OUTSIDE
This is huge! Our tables were swamped the whole time. I could have sold at least 50 copies of his book, and I know Patty sold a few shirts and hats outside.. Having representation there, so people can get their questions answered was key to our success today.. Many “fence sitters” came up to us and got a lot of questions answered, and about 50 of them left our table proudly wearing a RP sticker..

SIGN WAVERS AND LOTS OF SIGNS
We had 17 people show up to help set up signs and then wave them.. It was great driving into the fairgrounds! When you came up to the first person directing traffic (the flagger) there was a RP sign waver and 2 cars all decked out in RP regalia.. This was present at every turn..

As you walked into the building, more wavers, flyers being handed out, questions being fielded, and Patty had a table chock full of information outside..

It was great!

McCain signs? Maybe 3 or 4.. Wavers? None.. Outside table? Nope..

Our growth potential is NOW! Dr. Paul has started campaigning again.. He took double digits in two states last week.. His book is selling like hotcakes.. The media is acknowledging him.. It’s time for us to come out AND PUBLICLY SUPPORT RON PAUL, along with our DVD, and watch our delegate base grow exponentially..

Here’s to President Paul!!!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/edgar86/RONPAULPOSTER-2.jpg

Conza88
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM
:o

tomveil
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Hell yes. I never liked the stealth idea, as the most important thing that we can do is win over the 85% that we haven't yet.

rathskeller
05-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Hell yes. I never liked the stealth idea, as the most important thing that we can do is win over the 85% that we haven't yet.

I'll get called a troll (which is a compliment from most of the people ehre) but it is more than 85%.

tomveil
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll get called a troll (which is a compliment from most of the people ehre) but it is more than 85%.

True, I'm just pulling out a % from Oregon :)

The thing is, once we get to a certain point, it won't be able to be stopped. Hoorah Herd Immunity :)

And honestly, I think that point was about 8%. ;)

hillertexas
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
bump

Kotin
05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I am with you Hiller.

Bold As Love
05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
..and remain in the Republican Party after the election is over..

Great Post.

I have had mixed feelings for awhile after declining GOP involvement beyond the Precinct Convention. This is the reason.