PDA

View Full Version : The Official Unveiling of Operation Education (The Revolution to Delegates database)

wgadget
05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Here it is, folks....What we've been waiting for in our project to distribute books to national delegates. Here you can enter the delegate's name and address and the delegate can be "claimed" to send Revolution packets to.

Check it out.

Thanks to Nelson from Georgia!!

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc

Conza88
05-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Ohh my fken gawd.
WELL DONE! :D

The letter needs fixing. :)
I see the page can't be accessed from the main page..
this needs to get out to all meetup leaders, and get them to fill it in.
people who attended the conventions ASAP.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Ohh my fken gawd.

Whoops. I thought we had replaced that with the edited version.

Will get right on it. Thanks!

hopeforamerica
05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Awesome!!!! I will be getting a list of AZ Delegates and addresses in the next couple of weeks. Right now we have a deadline to recruit PCs, so it will be after that.

I did add the one person I knew for sure.

Conza88
05-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Spread this too DailyPaul etc..
problem is douches adding in their own address? just to get a book sent to them? err lol?
what security or checking measures are there?
also whats too stop some a-holes, Deleteing! the delegates database.
really, i think people should only be allowed to submit, or edit if they are the ones who posted it.. and there be a link to an email for a mod, if they need something deleted.. really, the trolls would have no trouble coming along and deleting rp delegates info. ;s

nelsonwinters
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Spread this too DailyPaul etc..
problem is douches adding in their own address? just to get a book sent to them? err lol?
what security or checking measures are there?

Hi Conza.

To begin with I have to thank Tara for inspiring me to create the GOP delegate database. Second, I should clarify that OperationEducation.org is a soon to be announced (should be this week) site that is unrelated to the GOP delegate database. I just needed some place to put it and so I just stuck it there.

Good question regarding security. I struggled with how to deal with it without making it too difficult to create or use. It's important to understand that it's just designed to help keep track of who the delegates are and who's "adopting" which delegates.

Here's a few things to try and keep people honest:

1. Once a piece of information is added it can't be updated or deleted. There's a notes field where you can append notes regarding a delegate if something needs to be changed and then I could go in and make the change .

2. When a delegate is deleted, it is only hidden... if someone's messing with the system, I can unhide the affected delegates.

3. When adopting a delegate, an email with an activation link is sent to the person trying to adopt the delegate.

4. Since this is openly available for people to look at, hopefully everyone can keep an eye on their local delegates and let me know if there's any funny business going on.

If anyone has any ideas or concerns please let me know.

nelsonwinters
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Ohh my fken gawd.

Good catch... the letter has been fixed. I didn't want it to be accessible from the main page since it's unrelated to the main site.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
bump

Kotin
05-20-2008, 12:15 PM
bump!

I love it.

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Congrats on a great site and hope you are able to keep the list from problems, that was our one drawback to using that style of setup. I love how grassroots efforts come together from all sides.

Good luck stopping the revolution with so many projects and grassroots efforts going towards the same goals.

Exciting days are ahead of us for sure.

georgiaboy
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
from one Georgian to another, GREAT JOB!!!

ronpaulhawaii
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
A++

Great to see, and mahalo!

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Are you guys working with Evan who's leading up the DVD's for delegates project?

He's been very successful in getting delegate lists, and Steven Vincent has handed over the distribution part of his book bomb project to them, so as to minimize duplication of effort.

If you're not, you really should get in touch with him so we don't have 2 copies going to every delegate and so people sending books can send DVD's too.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1873/

-n

wgadget
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you guys working with Evan who's leading up the DVD's for delegates project?

He's been very successful in getting delegate lists, and Steven Vincent has handed over the distribution part of his book bomb project to them, so as to minimize duplication of effort.

If you're not, you really should get in touch with him so we don't have 2 copies going to every delegate and so people sending books can send DVD's too.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1873/

-n

We had talked about putting a DVD in with each package: book, dvd and letter. But I'm not sure if we made a connection...

nelsonwinters
05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Congrats on a great site and hope you are able to keep the list from problems, that was our one drawback to using that style of setup. I love how grassroots efforts come together from all sides.

Good luck stopping the revolution with so many projects and grassroots efforts going towards the same goals.

Exciting days are ahead of us for sure.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to your project.

-Nelson

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I think everything that is going on is damn exciting

We have

1. books
2. cds
3. dvd
4. letters

All going to delegates among others AND from varying sources SO I feel this will have a much larger impact then a single effort that we ALL get behind.

Why didn't we have the Manifesto when we first started, imagine the possibilities (-; BUT just imagine how strong the revolution will be in 4 years time as long as we continue our efforts and expand on these ideas.

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!

jp5065
05-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Can we get this site cloned to get to congressmen?

nelsonwinters
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Can we get this site cloned to get to congressmen?

Yes, that's something I'll consider in a couple weeks. I'm trying to get the main site (http://www.operationeducation.org) off the ground.

-Nelson

NightOwl
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, that's something I'll consider in a couple weeks. I'm trying to get the main site (http://www.operationeducation.org) off the ground.

-Nelson

Should be careful not to duplicate too much effort, what with the stickied RevolutionByMail.com effort at the top of this forum.

nelsonwinters
05-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Should be careful not to duplicate too much effort, what with the stickied RevolutionByMail.com effort at the top of this forum.

I agree... no point if someone is already doing this.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Late night bump

IPSecure
05-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Will there be a http://www.operationeducation.org/dnc/ ?

'The Other Side'...

pinkmandy
05-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Just wanted to say you guys did a fantastic job. That's a NICE site.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 01:55 AM
BUMPPPPPppppppppp.... Need to build these lists... meetups, people who are in the know ---- the MAIN campaign get them to help out! Seriously... lewrockwell aswell for coverage of the idea.. whatever possible. :)

nelsonwinters
05-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Will there be a http://www.operationeducation.org/dnc/ ?

'The Other Side'...

If no one is already doing this and we have good success with 'This Side' then I'll consider it in a few weeks.

Eric21ND
05-21-2008, 05:58 AM
where can I get about 50 of those DVDs?

wgadget
05-22-2008, 10:44 PM
blimp

nelsonwinters
06-02-2008, 04:14 AM
With all the conventions that went on this weekend, if anyone knows any of the delegates that were elected to go to national, please enter them into the online delegate database at:

There's almost 300 national delegates in the database already.

Thanks,

Nelson

Conza88
06-02-2008, 05:03 AM
With all the conventions that went on this weekend, if anyone knows any of the delegates that were elected to go to national, please enter them into the online delegate database at:

There's almost 300 national delegates in the database already.

Thanks,

Nelson

Woah nice work!

wgadget
06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Let's get after it, Patriots!

Ron Paul people from all over the nation are waiting to send books to the delegates, but we need INFORMATION.

BTW, Georgia is still way ahead in this game, with 141 out of 144 delegates named and located.

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/statelist.cfm

hillertexas
06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
where can I get about 50 of those DVDs?

http://www.rpdvd.com/

AJ Antimony
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Buuuuuuuuuump!

acmegeek
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
bumpity!!!

wgadget
06-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Big Bump

wgadget
06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Are you guys still working on getting The Revolution to your state's National Convention delegates? Even though Ron's campaign has ended, we all know his new one has begun, and what better audience than RNC delegates to learn about the insults to Constitutional liberties we have endured unawares? These people are on the front lines and are often powerful in politics.

tonesforjonesbones
06-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Money As Debt..what a great video. I sure wish I had copies of that to hand out. I bought 50 copies of Freedom to Fascism..and have handed out 10 so far. Out of 10, one person admitted to watching the thing. I don't know how to get people to stop using them as a coaster..TONES

tonesforjonesbones
06-14-2008, 08:04 AM
One thing I am doing for my LP here in my county AND my Bob Barr meet up group...we are having a "Motion Picture Night and Social" once a month open to the public. We are doing this in an art gallery downtown and advertising it in the paper. We will be presenting these types of documentaries as an educational outreach to the community. TONES

SnappleLlama
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Wow, great job!!!

wgadget
06-14-2008, 09:14 AM
That's great, TONES.

I was out picking blueberries, alone with my thoughts, and thought it would be cool to start some kind of Constitution Camp for younger people, say middle school and up. It could be held around the Fourth of July every year for a week. Besides the classes taught by a qualified instructor, we could watch these videos and wrap it up with a field trip to a gold mine, a Federal Reserve bank, a shooting range, whatever. Maybe it could be a parent/child thing, with a free Ron Paul Revolution book thrown in.

I love what you're doing in your community. Let us know what kind of response it gets.

torchbearer
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
One thing I am doing for my LP here in my county AND my Bob Barr meet up group...we are having a "Motion Picture Night and Social" once a month open to the public. We are doing this in an art gallery downtown and advertising it in the paper. We will be presenting these types of documentaries as an educational outreach to the community. TONES

FTW!

MsDoodahs
06-14-2008, 10:11 AM
That's great, TONES.

I was out picking blueberries, alone with my thoughts, and thought it would be cool to start some kind of Constitution Camp for younger people, say middle school and up. It could be held around the Fourth of July every year for a week. Besides the classes taught by a qualified instructor, we could watch these videos and wrap it up with a field trip to a gold mine, a Federal Reserve bank, a shooting range, whatever. Maybe it could be a parent/child thing, with a free Ron Paul Revolution book thrown in.

I love what you're doing in your community. Let us know what kind of response it gets.

Great idea...

Another book for teens you might consider:

RebelFire: Out of the Gray Zone

It's been out for a while...just the other day, I came across my RebelFire stamp (I was stamping dollar bills as advertising for this book back when it came out).

Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/RebelFire-Claire-Wolfe-Aaron-Zelman/dp/0964230488

From the link:

"Claire Wolfe and Aaron Zelman are doing something quite wonderful. They're talking to kids. And what they're talking about is freedom, determination, and self-reliance.

OUT OF THE GRAY ZONE is the first in a projected series of "young adult" novels, a category of fiction dominated until now by adolescent warlocks, happy dragons, and high school girls angst-ridden over their latest crush. You won't find any of that in this initial "RebelFire" book. This is the story of teenaged Jeremy, whose rock 'n roll inspired dreams are being quashed by CentGov-sanctioned spycams, sensors, monitors, permits, and doses of dope - "all for his own good." In the Gray Zone of America's Pacific Northwest, even his favorite rock band, RebelFire, has been silenced and replaced by "a cheerful bleat of very bad march music" on the satellite link. Jeremy's always lived under the control of CentGov and its Departments of Firearms Elimination, Drug Enforcement, Homeland Serenity, ad nauseum, but he's become increasingly dissatisfied. And now that they've taken RebelFire away...

Jeremy's adventures are exciting, sometimes shocking, often violent. The characters he meets will stir you. And if you don't fall in love with Hero, the furry mutt who joins Jeremy along the way, you've got a heart made of steel wool. Shame on you.

This new RebelFire series is just what the Freedom Movement ordered. I can't recall a libertarian novel as truly perfect for teenagers (yet entertaining for adults) since J. Neil Schulman's ALONGSIDE NIGHT, and that was 25 years ago. If you have a kid, or even know a kid, who enjoys reading, drop OUT OF THE GRAY ZONE into their hands. It's a terrific tale of despair, perseverance and, ultimately, hope. It may turn their heads around. And you'll like it, too.

(Final note: The book comes with a nifty CD that contains two distinct versions of the RebelFire anthem "Justice Day." The first, by Rockne Van Meter, is classic rock and very good. The other, by Opium War, is labeled "heavy metal" but reminds me of X, the greatest punk band I ever heard or saw in the early '80s. I can imagine John Doe and Exene cranking out this song on a tiny stage in West L.A. Chinga, it sounds good!)"

:)

princessredtights
06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
just an FYI - Oregon selects delegates On July 12 -

wgadget
06-21-2008, 05:22 PM
bump

wgadget
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
BUMP for Sending OREGON DELEGATES copies of "The Revolution: A Manifesto"

Go get 'em!

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/delList.cfm?state=OR

JS4Pat
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
This looks really incredible - but I'm a little unclear on what exactly needs to be done.

Are there instructions for Ron Paul supporters anywhere?