PDA

View Full Version : After watching the C-SPAN lecture, my woman's intuition tells me.....

wgadget
05-20-2008, 07:43 AM
that Ron has NOT given up on plan B.

Here's the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4432225369745587956

If you go to 37:30, you will see his answer to the question about running independent or third party.

Specifically, Ron says something about the "impracticality" of doing such a thing, but then he almost utters the word "until," before catching himself. Judging by his averted eyes and other body language, it is my belief that he will wait to see what happens at the Republican Convention and then take it from there.

If he/we can mount some positive publicity at the convention, his name will be in the news. The possible continued implosion of both John McCain and the Democratic nominee, along with the continued deterioration of the dollar, plus the expanded readership of his manifesto, may provide the perfect combination to get the electorate pining for a Ron Paul presidency.

Just my humble opinion. No flaming, please. Go see what you think.

Conza88
05-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Well, I'll be honest.. every time he was asked it - up till awhile back, I thought he was just playing them, 99.99% thingo.. but I never realised he'd have to lose his republican seat..

Of COURSE, he was never going to drop out and run independent BEFORE convention - THAT is fken retarded.. seriously, anyone wanted that too happen - needs to get their IQ checked.

Afterwards, I was positive he would. I'm leaning towards no atm though. I think we could wake alot of people up in 4yrs if it comes to that and then he should run - ALL out, GOP may be open to RP - after getting their ASS kicked with McCaiN!!! The country will be retarded by then...

Sabrin Senate.. RP Congress. We've got to keep infiltrating, you can only defend freedom with power. If he runs independant, he'll be blamed for mccain loss (NOT that is not a reason to run) hell, he'll probably be blamed anyway - with our 1 mil votes... fk em. I still think there may be time.. but then its 4 yrs.. :s long time.. hmm I dunno, wishful thinking. Whatever RP does though, I think it will be the best.. He loves the US, and he's always been a long distance runner.

dawnbt
05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
I hope you're right!!!!

speciallyblend
05-20-2008, 08:06 AM

Here's the link:

If you go to 37:30, you will see his answer to the question about running independent or third party.

Specifically, Ron says something about the "impracticality" of doing such a thing, but then he almost utters the word "until," before catching himself. Judging by his averted eyes and other body language, it is my belief that he will wait to see what happens at the Republican Convention and then take it from there.

If he/we can mount some positive publicity at the convention, his name will be in the news. The possible continued implosion of both John McCain and the Democratic nominee, along with the continued deterioration of the dollar, plus the expanded readership of his manifesto, may provide the perfect combination to get the electorate pining for a Ron Paul presidency.

i like the path your talking about. I always say never say never. If the gop ignores us and ron paul,then its really up to us. We must have a choice to vote for and im sorry but mccain/clinton/obama JUST DON'T CUT IT;) WE MUST HAVE A CHOICE,so far RON PAUL is the only candidate that makes the cut:)

SteveMartin
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
A Ron Paul independent ticket with a well-chosen running mate COULD WIN.

People are sick of the lack of choices and sick of both parties.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 08:30 AM

Here's the link:

hmm..ok

I never believed that there will be no inde run...I always thought 'plan b' is the Plan A, he always knew the Republican nomination will never happen. And I think the insiders are planning on it since long. He utilized the Rep Platform as a source to get the message across, because all of us know the Republican Party is no more Republican, its has become a (hijacked) neocon puppet.

He always said '99.99% no-chance', and anyone with average iq knows why its not 100% or when its going to be 100% ;)

And if we don't succeed in giving a substantial momentum to this message to carry-on on its own through a fly-wheel effect, we are going to regret that for ever.Because things are only going to get worse from here.

MRoCkEd
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
wishful thinking
he has gone from saying 99.99% no/ no intention to simply saying "no" (npr interview)

he probably has plans to continue the r3v0_lution after the convention - just not by running

Peace&Freedom
05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Paul may also be relying on the 'from pygmy to giant' phenomenom that often happens after a primary season. Contenders who were previously unknown, quixotic or referred to as small fry candidates at the time, often get treated like huge elder statesman after the convention and election is over. On a C-Span show last weekend about previous conventions, clips of Pat Buchanan and Ed Kennedy et al were as lengthy as the clips of Presidents were. Given the much bigger cultural and party-changing splash Paul is making, he will likely be the next elder statesman who will be 'supersized' by this process.

Matt Davidson
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I predict a massive full-force write-in campaign!

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Paul may also be relying on the 'from pygmy to giant' phenomenom that often happens after a primary season. Contenders who were previously unknown, quixotic or referred to as small fry candidates at the time, often get treated like huge elder statesman after the convention and election is over. On a C-Span show last weekend about previous conventions, clips of Pat Buchanan and Ed Kennedy et al were as lengthy as the clips of Presidents were. Given the much bigger cultural and party-changing splash Paul is making, he will likely be the next elder statesman who will be 'supersized' by this process.

one word...

Fantasy.
Period.

speciallyblend
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I predict a massive full-force write-in campaign!

only option left if we are forced with this mccain BS.

Libertarian Ideals
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
If everyone else is giving their opinion on the matter... He better dump Benton and the rest of the campaign first, (save state coordinators, Lew Moore and the "inventor" of the Precinct Leader program) if he does do any more serious campaigning.

Kotin
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
If everyone else is giving their opinion on the matter... He better dump Benton and the rest of the campaign first, (save state coordinators, Lew Moore and the "inventor" of the Precinct Leader program) if he does do any more serious campaigning.

Indeed.

scotto2008
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM

The media already has a ready-made template for this -- the "Goldwater loses big but transforms the party eventually leading to Reagan, blah blah." It's archtypical.

frdmrdr
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I never believed that there will be no inde run...I always thought 'plan b' is the Plan A.

could this explain the hoarding of campaign cash? Are they keeping their powder dry for an indie run?

acptulsa
05-20-2008, 11:50 AM

I've been thinking all along about just what the OP suggests. It would be a very, very tricky business for Dr. Paul, especially if he intends to run for Congress again in 2010. But it could easily happen, especially given the circumstances. The thing many of you aren't realizing is that the end of the convention marks less than four weeks from election day.

If this is to happen, there will have to be a three and a half week blitz from hell, and we're going to have to do most of it.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I've been thinking all along about just what the OP suggests. It would be a very, very tricky business for Dr. Paul, especially if he intends to run for Congress again in 2010. But it could easily happen, especially given the circumstances. The thing many of you aren't realizing is that the end of the convention markes less than four weeks from election day.

If this is to happen, there will have to be a three and a half week blitz from hell, and we're going to have to do most of it.

I just finished reading a Reader's Digest article about the "Millennials," the group of young voters who will very possibly, for the first time, have a major part in electing the next President. Of course, the push was for Obama, and the name Ron Paul never showed up once. However, the major point I got out of it was that a whopping 17% of Dems who do not get their candidate are threatening to vote for McCain. My question is, why would they not rather prefer Ron Paul? Their list of issues, except perhaps global warming, are fully in line with Ron Paul's. Just something else to think about...

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I've been thinking all along about just what the OP suggests. It would be a very, very tricky business for Dr. Paul, especially if he intends to run for Congress again in 2010. But it could easily happen, especially given the circumstances. The thing many of you aren't realizing is that the end of the convention markes less than four weeks from election day.

A three and a half week blitz from hell? If we can't do it, who can? :D

Kotin
05-20-2008, 12:11 PM
it isn't going to be a normal election year.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
could this explain the hoarding of campaign cash? Are they keeping their powder dry for an indie run?

obviously ;)

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
obviously ;)

Trolly, you jest.

RonPaul2000Ate
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
plus the expanded readership of his manifesto

What 'expanded readership'? It's just a bunch of us buying multiple books.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Trolly, you jest.

I am serious, thats what always looked cooking to me.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM

I know times are harsh, and people are willing to sell anything, but you could have spared your soul motherf*ckin troll. All your post are racist BS and insipid, btw how much you get every hour? or its per-post?

RonPaul2000Ate
05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I know times are harsh, and people are willing to sell anything, but you could have spared your soul motherf*ckin troll. All your post are racist BS and insipid, btw how much you get every hour? or its per-post?

lol what? I have 4 posts on this forum surely you have me confused for someone else

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:48 PM

I only read one. I gave away the others. Didn't you?

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
lol what? I have 4 posts on this forum surely you have me confused for someone else

I think it's self-imposed guilt on his part. Don't take it personally...

RonPaul2000Ate
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I only read one. I gave away the others. Didn't you?

no personally I felt it wouldn't do anything, just like giving slim jims to a few thousand people didn't do anything here in my district where ron paul only got single digits in the primaries

i always thought giving out videos would be better. no one likes to read books these days.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, not giving them out will do absolutely nothing. Guaranteed.

voytechs
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I started watching the video link and almost fell out of the chair, when Hitler introduced Ron Paul. Not fair to Peter Gemma, but his mustache must make everyone think that. Just took me by surprise.

Paulitical Correctness
05-20-2008, 01:03 PM
My common sense tells me...

Ain't happenin'. Remember all the hard work that was put into his congressional campaign? He prioritized it over the presidency. Would he throw it all away to attempt the impossible? No, I don't think so. A failed attempt at running independent would ruin his credibility, and let's face it...he's already low on that.

The "OMG INDYRUN!!!111" shit wasn't cute half a year ago, and it ain't cute now.

STFU and fall in line with your leader. The goal is "taking over" the GOP.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Ain't happenin'. Remember all the hard work that was put into his congressional campaign? He prioritized it over the presidency. Would he throw it all away to attempt the impossible? No, I don't think so. A failed attempt at running independent would ruin his credibility, and let's face it...he's already low on that.

The "OMG INDYRUN!!!111" shit wasn't cute half a year ago, and it ain't cute now.

It wasn't "shit," it was feminine observation, nothing more and nothing less.

And my experience with the GOP this last weekend was nothing to look forward to. However, that said, I will "fall in line with my leader." If he moves to independent, you'll see me falling in line behind him.

roXet
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm sorry but I don't "fall in line" behind anyone. I'm personally getting sick of those in this "movement" that think the conservative wing of this are the only real Paul supporters. Personally I hate both parties enough that it pains me to vote for one of their candidates for president. I would much rather see Paul run as an independent and I don't feel the GOP is worth taking over.

acptulsa
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry but I don't "fall in line" behind anyone.

Yeah--there's a lot of that in this movement. And since Dr. Paul is bound and determined to be diplomatic with the G.O.P. no matter how badly they treat him for our sake (playing good cop to our bad cop), I think the only way we get a President Paul is if we do not wait for the man to take the lead.

Paulitical Correctness
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't honestly believe Ron Paul wants to be our leader. He wants his message to direct us.

But for the time being, follow his lead. Do you really think it's up to the grassroots to decide whether or not he's going to run independent?

I don't represent the "conservative wing" and I could care less who else joins our "movement" as long as we don't start branching off into factions. It's too late for that though, ain't it?

runningdiz
05-20-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't honestly believe Ron Paul wants to be our leader. He wants his message to direct us.

But for the time being, follow his lead. Do you really think it's up to the grassroots to decide whether or not he's going to run independent?

I don't represent the "conservative wing" and I could care less who else joins our "movement" as long as we don't start branching off into factions. It's too late for that though, ain't it?

agreed! Well put!

scotto2008
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Ain't happenin'.

The absolute certainty with which some people dismiss an indy run only increases my belief that there is a slim possibility.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Everyone here except for a few trolls are here for Dr. Paul wherever he goes, and will keep supporting him on his every move. But I joined this discussion thinking the op is trying to draw a possible future scenario, if we fail to make a big difference from inside the republican party. Its nothing sort of planning or advising an independent run..its just a 'what if'.. or 'what do you think '..thread

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Do you really think it's up to the grassroots to decide whether or not he's going to run independent?

no

wgadget
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM

Actually, what I like most about the movement is the diversity of us all. And Ron Paul is right: The CONSTITUTION itself unites us. We need to remember that.

speciallyblend
05-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Actually, what I like most about the movement is the diversity of us all. And Ron Paul is right: The CONSTITUTION itself unites us. We need to remember that.

bingo;)

driller80545
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I have about decided that there is no future for the republican party. It died with GWB

scotto2008
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I have about decided that there is no future for the republican party. It died with GWB

I think it died with George H.W. Bush. At his first press conference when he called for a "kinder, gentler America."

WTF does that have to do with slaying the Federal Government Monster?

Three years later we were in a war.

Bradley in DC
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Wait, when did they start letting women on the internet? I mean real ones, not the FBI guys pretending to be?!

Zera
05-20-2008, 07:37 PM
An indy run could be possible... Basically, this is what could happen:

McCain continues to show how bad of a candidate he is, and then gets really embarrassed at the national convention (this will happen... I can feel it). Paul makes a big enough impact, more people realize him, and he gets enough attention to run independent.

However, there's the Obama factor. Have you guys seen how much they love to, excuse my language, but suck on this guy's wiener? Even now, it's evident he'll win against McCain. And even if McCain loses many of his voters by or in September, he won't lose it all to an independent running Paul. Basically, to win against Obama on a ticket thats not under our two party system, we'll need a miracle.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
An indy run could be possible... Basically, this is what could happen:

McCain continues to show how bad of a candidate he is, and then gets really embarrassed at the national convention (this will happen... I can feel it). Paul makes a big enough impact, more people realize him, and he gets enough attention to run independent.

However, there's the Obama factor. Have you guys seen how much they love to, excuse my language, but suck on this guy's wiener? Even now, it's evident he'll win against McCain. And even if McCain loses many of his voters by or in September, he won't lose it all to an independent running Paul. Basically, to win against Obama on a ticket thats not under our two party system, we'll need a miracle.

I'm of the opinion that Obama won't necessarily get the nomination. I've been brought up to believe this is Hillary's race. It's a fact that she has won the big populous states, and is even now still winning smaller states. When you get past the fluff, Obama really does carry a lot of baggage. It's my belief that Hillary will ultimately win the nomination in the end.

And in that scenario, Ron Paul would toast her and McCain. Just my opinion.

H Roark
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Good point, I think alot of people are holding their breath to see who to choose once the dust clears from the convention and that just isn't enough time.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Good point, I think alot of people are holding their breath to see who to choose once the dust clears from the convention and that just isn't enough time.

Thinking about it, isn't the convention in early September? Isn't the election in early November?

That would give us two months, a lifetime in politics.

Just sayin'.

AndyWhite
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Theres no way he could start a independent presidential campaign after the convention. There isn't enough time. Running for president in 1988 left a bad taste in his mouth and he doesn't want to do it again. He's not going to do it. He's done enough and he continues to fight for us.

constituent
05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
The media already has a ready-made template for this -- the "Goldwater loses big but transforms the party eventually leading to Reagan, blah blah." It's archtypical.

"...pulling in a loose coalition of all sorts of people who were all ultimately ripped-off and abandoned by the swindling jerks they'd empowered?"

i hope it isn't that archetypical. :eek:

constituent
05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Wait, when did they start letting women on the internet? I mean real ones, not the FBI guys pretending to be?!

the FBI has guys in it?

coulda fooled me.

Eric21ND
05-21-2008, 06:03 AM
A Ron Paul independent ticket with a well-chosen running mate COULD WIN.

People are sick of the lack of choices and sick of both parties.

I think he could very well get more votes than McCain, but beating a democrat would be a tough go this time around.

Eric21ND
05-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Yeah--there's a lot of that in this movement. And since Dr. Paul is bound and determined to be diplomatic with the G.O.P. no matter how badly they treat him for our sake (playing good cop to our bad cop), I think the only way we get a President Paul is if we do not wait for the man to take the lead.
I must agree. If Ron has any faults its that he doesn't pull the trigger enough and is too apt to let destiny take the reigns. If we want Ron on the ballot and an Independent run, which would be HUGE news and probably lead to even more fund raising records, we will have to put his name on the ballot ourselves in every state. Why shouldn't we try this route? I believe 98% of us have agreed we're going to write his name in anyways, so why not make it official and get his name on there.