05-20-2008, 05:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBsXHxzwKw

:cool:

Conza88
05-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Quality :cool:

qwerty
05-20-2008, 06:03 AM
This video should be posted on every messageboard around the internet!

:)

FrankRep
05-20-2008, 06:58 AM
This video should be posted on every messageboard around the internet!

http://www.craigslist.org

flames2dust77
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
solid.

qwerty
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM

Kotin
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Very well done.

PatriotOne
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Awesome is right! View, rate and comment. Needs to go viral folks.

PatriotOne
05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
btw....does anybody remember which LOTR (1, 2, or 3?) that soundtrack was from?

Primbs
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
That should get some attention.

LibertyEagle
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
bump

qwerty
05-21-2008, 05:08 AM
bump

Thanks!

:)

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Great Video!

jonhowe
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Terrible.

That is completely over the top. If I don't find it convincing, non Ron Paulers definitely wont.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Terrible.

That is completely over the top. If I don't find it convincing, non Ron Paulers definitely wont.

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/e1137987bf47d03e25c46691ccc2ced9713823e3_m.jpg

jonhowe
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/e1137987bf47d03e25c46691ccc2ced9713823e3_m.jpg

Isn't that kinda what the republican party is saying to us? Why should I not express my opinion to help shape this movement? If naysayers were always silent, change would never come to pass.

You should be ashamed.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Isn't that kinda what the republican party is saying to us? Why should I not express my opinion to help shape this movement? If naysayers were always silent, change would never come to pass.

You should be ashamed.

Odd.. you classify yourself as a naysayer.

And NO, the republican party is saying, "Suck John McCains balls or GTFO".

Your expressing of your opinion, in this instance is going to do NOTHING to help shape this movement - for the BETTER..

There is a difference between naysaying and constructive criticism. I suggest you learn it. :D

jonhowe
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm suggesting we don't use over the top fear-mongering to make our point... you know, the way the neo cons do.
Overlapping the subway with a nazi train car is not something that most people are going to buy. I'm an ardent Ron Paul supporter, i see how we're moving towards a police state, and I STILL don't see it as convincing or appropriate. That's my constructive criticism; we aren't going to win this or make our point if we use over the top fear mongering. We need something people are going to accept as realistic.

And yes, I am a naysayer, of this ad.

"And NO, the republican party is saying, "Suck John McCains balls or GTFO"."
Lets look at the whole campaign though, they were saying "Suck neo-cons' balls or GTFO". I don't buy that, just like I don't buy this ad.

pinkmandy
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Well, I think you did a great job. I don't care if some think it's over the top. Our next election is THAT crucial and people do need to wake the hell up. And fast.

hypnagogue
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm going to agree with Jon. Too much of what we've been producing lately is seemingly for internal consumption within the movement. It's a fine video for stoking our supporters, but it's not going to bring in any new people. Unfortunately, I think the High Tide ad makes the same mistake.

If we want to grow this movement, we're going to need media that eases people into the information, and doesn't make us look like a bunch of over-hyped, self-important loons. We should at least appear to be regular people. :P

qwerty
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
March in D.C or you never even where in this movement!

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm suggesting we don't use over the top fear-mongering to make our point... you know, the way the neo cons do.
Overlapping the subway with a nazi train car is not something that most people are going to buy. I'm an ardent Ron Paul supporter, i see how we're moving towards a police state, and I STILL don't see it as convincing or appropriate. That's my constructive criticism; we aren't going to win this or make our point if we use over the top fear mongering. We need something people are going to accept as realistic.

Lets look at the whole campaign though, they were saying "Suck neo-cons' balls or GTFO". I don't buy that, just like I don't buy this ad.

Whether I like 'fear tactics' or not, THAT is what most
Americans are influenced by. ...At least the 'fear tactics'
are factual.

I thought it was great!

jonhowe
05-21-2008, 03:13 PM
"for internal consumption within the movement."
Exactly.

I understand and generally accept what it's getting at, but other's will just think we're crazy.
As if they didn't already.

libertea
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Wtf?

qwerty
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
bump!

James Madison
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
btw....does anybody remember which LOTR (1, 2, or 3?) that soundtrack was from?

First, I believe. "Aniron" or something to that nature is the track name I think.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM

That "fearmongering" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: subway nazi car bit.. is mainstream - its from an MTV ad mate..

Lot of sources, but I'll go with the most mainstream to prove my point:
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/pub-think-mtv-holocaust-metro/3154889805

AOL... yesh.. and you're crying because its on an RP march promo..

soo wtf are you stressing about? Take your irrational concerns elsewhere, is my opinion.

Yea obviously, they were saying that - and as I said, now they're saying suck John's.. you didn't exactly add anything there did you?
What don't you "buy"?.. it's 'reality' right?. - You obviously haven't got enough, mental "change" to pay the bills. :rolleyes:

jonhowe
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats the way to hold the movement together :) Call your fellow members stupid :) I can see it now... 1000s of ron paul supporters descending on DC, all calling each other names... beautiful.

"Yea obviously, they were saying that - and as I said, now they're saying suck John's.. you didn't exactly add anything there did you?"
The point I made (obviously went over your change filled head) was that the GOP told us to agree and to shutup, and now you guys are telling me... to agree or shutup... We bitch and moan (quite rightly!) that the GOP is wrong to try and silence us, and then you go and do the same.

Just like we bitch and moan about scare tactics, and then we go and use them ourselves. Except, our scare tactics wont even work. We're never going to win this by just gathering mindless dregs to our cause. We can't scare the people without educating them, thats our problem. The issues we find terrifying are more complex than what the average american is willing to think about. We need education tactics, not scare tactics.

Also, the fact that the clip is apparently from MTV just makes it laughable. MTV, one of the most liberally slanted stations around... an MTV viewer who saw something like that relating to elections will probably think it's an Obama commercial!
Again, people aren't informed enough to understand these things, and don't know enough to be afraid. Education first, let them see what there is to worry about, because right now we're just making ourselves look stupid.

mport1
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM

nice, more attempts to connect Ron Paul with conspiracies. That will sure help spread the message to the mainstream :rolleyes:

phree
05-22-2008, 05:24 PM

I see what you mean jonhowe, but isn't it possible that it might take something like this to jolt people out of their conditioned slumber?

What is a fear mongering anyway? Isn't it a lie meant to create fear about a non-threat? This video uses frightening images and messages to create fear about a true threat so maybe it's different than what you refer to as fear mongering.

You say that you don't see this video as "convincing or appropriate". I accept that you don't find it appropriate, but are you really not convinced that the threat presented is legitimate?

phree
05-22-2008, 05:32 PM
nice, more attempts to connect Ron Paul with conspiracies. That will sure help spread the message to the mainstream :rolleyes:

I agree and disagree.

Some conspiracy theories are clearly political suicide like 9/11. Even the idea of an alternate version of 9/11 is enough to send most people into a fetal position. I agree that some theories won't help grow the movement.

On the other hand conspiracies are a fact of life on all levels, especially in government. Dr. Paul has spoken out on many issues that are considered conspiracy theories to the average person. I think it's obvious that powerful people conspire to marginalize RP. How could you not?

Knightskye
05-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Bump! :cool:

Penners
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow.... that is just excellent...

qwerty
05-23-2008, 12:28 AM
bump!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Bump!

qwerty
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
bump!

qwerty
06-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Bump!

qwerty
06-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Bump!

RonPaulVolunteer
06-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Terrible.

No Conza, I agree 100%.

It seems many people in the movement are excited and passionate which is great, but also sorely lacking brain cells.

qwerty
06-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Bump!

agaiziunas
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
There's a digg submission of that video, just search for "where will you be"

qh4dotcom
06-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Bump

Ethek
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Interesting video, its an ad for the March, not a conversion video.

I do think the sequence at the beginning with the railcars and trucks has potential , perhaps edited differently or for a video focus only on about fighting back police state tryanny.The conspiracy seque simply swings too far over the realm of believability for most. Everything in the video is super easy to criticize at that point.

Where did the initial segment come from?

cska80
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
www.worldofwarcraft.com has forums that are regularly visited by tens of millions of people every day. I always post there ;0

LinuxUser269
06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
bump

qwerty
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
bump!