PDA

View Full Version : The situation we now find ourselves in....

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
It's funny how people reacted to that (9/11). I've only met one other person that reacted the same way I did, which was being stunned for about a second, and then a chill ran through my body and a feeling of impending dread and doom formed in the pit of my stomach - as I realized how the government would react to the incident. That we were not immediately put under martial law is the only upside - the rest of it has or is coming to pass - the patriot act, and the other non-sense.

Then we invaded the right country, failed to invade other countries that were involved, but rather developed closer ties with them, invaded the wrong country, got more of our citizens killed than died on 9/11 and destabilized the region. Managed to turn worldwide sympathy and support into animosity, destabilized our own economy and have engaged in a war on our own citizens civil rights and the foundations of our country and declared war on a tactic - all to keep us "safe". A war on a tactic?

In the middle of this, we had a major disaster - but there are no media led calls for memorials or remembrance services for those victims. Instead our government sends people down to help, who instead hinder rescue efforts, then break a bunch of international treaties and declare war on the weather. Another secret war - out of the media spotlight. A war on the weather?

Now to fix some of the problems some of our presidential candidates are calling for pulling some of our troops our of Iraq, or drawing up a plan for withdrawing - sometime... while in the same breath speak of “intervening” in several other countries. To give the impression they are "doing something", to deal with the economy, we are being forced to take out a loan against ourselves, or more likely our grandchildren so a small bandaid can be applied to the economic mess they created. One that if fact, makes the situation somewhat worse.

We have a Congress full of compulsive spenders that are incapable of budgeting or saving. A group of people that are happy to pay a third of government revenues (taxes) in interest on loans to China and other countries, while never mentioning the word “debt”. Instead, they focus on the word “deficit”, that being the difference between what taxes have brought in and what has been spent + the interest on the loan. If there is money left over, instead of paying off some of the debt, they declare it a “surplus” and go on a spending orgy.

As I watch our Congress and executive branch, I really have to wonder if I live in a psychiatric ward – the wing with the padded rooms and jackets with wrap around sleeves... It is times like these when I really wish I could get my hands on a stash of “red pills” - so I could take one myself or more importantly, so I could spike the punch at the next Congressional shin dig.

-n

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
tangent,

let's talk tomorrow!

...I just got a fresh box of 'red pills' and they're ready for distribution.

rathskeller
05-19-2008, 11:30 PM
There is no war one the weather. You need to stop reading hte anti-everything web sites.

amy31416
05-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I recall exactly where I was, what I thought and how much I wanted to join the military and fuck some shit up in Afghanistan. Later came the battle of Tora Bora, and I realized that things were not quite right anymore.

OptionsTrader
05-19-2008, 11:37 PM
too long of a post. I did real the first paragraph though

mdh
05-19-2008, 11:43 PM
The only real red pill is to open your eyes.

You need not leave your house and go hunting for monsters, they're beating down your door.

wowabunga
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Having once worked for the airlines in the 1990's I saw first hand how poorly the planes and airports were secured. Heck the FAA 2 times a year would give us advance warning that they would be inspecting us... translated for 2 weeks out of the year one of the biggest airports in the world was secure.

When the planes hit it didn't surprise me. I was deeply upset over the loss of lives of the NYC rescue crews.

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
There is no war one the weather. You need to stop reading hte anti-everything web sites.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178183,00.html
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/02/navy-research-p.html
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_9019726

I'm not finding a really good reference to Bush ordering the military to restart a weather modification program, but I did see it on C-SPAN and on th news when he announced it.

I also have a book from a international research institute (not the tin foil hat kind) that talks about weather modification history and research including the international treaties against it that Bush broke in doing this.

Yes, there is a war against the weather.

-n

TruckinMike
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I've only met one other person that reacted the same way I did, which was being stunned for about a second, and then a chill ran through my body and a feeling of impending dread and doom formed in the pit of my stomach

Now you have met two.

I was in Portland, OR with my niece, cousins, etc on a family trip... my statement was as follows:

"they are going to gobble up more of our rights under the guise of terrorism."

And they did and still are!

TMike

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Now you have met two.

I was in Portland, OR with my niece, cousins, etc on a family trip... my statement was as follows:

"they are going to gobble up more of our rights under the guise of terrorism."

And they did and still are!

TMike

+3 It is part of the long term plan.

scotto2008
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
It's funny how people reacted to that (9/11). I've only met one other person that reacted the same way I did, which was being stunned for about a second, and then a chill ran through my body and a feeling of impending dread and doom formed in the pit of my stomach - as I realized how the government would react to the incident. That we were not immediately put under martial law is the only upside - the rest of it has or is coming to pass - the patriot act, and the other non-sense.

Then we invaded the right country, failed to invade other countries that were involved, but rather developed closer ties with them, invaded the wrong country, got more of our citizens killed than died on 9/11 and destabilized the region. Managed to turn worldwide sympathy and support into animosity, destabilized our own economy and have engaged in a war on our own citizens civil rights and the foundations of our country and declared war on a tactic - all to keep us "safe". A war on a tactic?

In the middle of this, we had a major disaster - but there are no media led calls for memorials or remembrance services for those victims. Instead our government sends people down to help, who instead hinder rescue efforts, then break a bunch of international treaties and declare war on the weather. Another secret war - out of the media spotlight. A war on the weather?

Now to fix some of the problems some of our presidential candidates are calling for pulling some of our troops our of Iraq, or drawing up a plan for withdrawing - sometime... while in the same breath speak of “intervening” in several other countries. To give the impression they are "doing something", to deal with the economy, we are being forced to take out a loan against ourselves, or more likely our grandchildren so a small bandaid can be applied to the economic mess they created. One that if fact, makes the situation somewhat worse.

We have a Congress full of compulsive spenders that are incapable of budgeting or saving. A group of people that are happy to pay a third of government revenues (taxes) in interest on loans to China and other countries, while never mentioning the word “debt”. Instead, they focus on the word “deficit”, that being the difference between what taxes have brought in and what has been spent + the interest on the loan. If there is money left over, instead of paying off some of the debt, they declare it a “surplus” and go on a spending orgy.

As I watch our Congress and executive branch, I really have to wonder if I live in a psychiatric ward – the wing with the padded rooms and jackets with wrap around sleeves... It is times like these when I really wish I could get my hands on a stash of “red pills” - so I could take one myself or more importantly, so I could spike the punch at the next Congressional shin dig.

-n

And somehow, to even suggest that powerful Western interests had a hand in creating these situations solely to increase their power, labels you as a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theorist.

I urge everyone to take the Red Pill. But as Morpheus warned -- there's no turning back.

moostraks
05-20-2008, 02:56 PM
+4 I told dh if Bush got elected this would come to pass (war). After 9/11 I kept waiting for martial law.( Slow painful erosion of rights escaped my mind then.)Then,I told him watch him go after Saddam.(I would have relished being wrong on both of these counts).
I will hold with me the memory of each of these events coming to pass and the utter helplessness I felt then as well as now. It is like watching a horror movie screaming "Stop!!! Don't go there!!!" and yet the gal in the high heels just keeps on going...Ughhh!!!