PDA

View Full Version : Can Nationals be rumped?

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm just curious what it would take or if it's even possible.
The GOP is using every dirty trick in the book even at their
own safety, freedom, future, personal status, party unity, etc...

It's time to take the gloves off and rump every state (with
documentation of breaking party rules) and even rumping
Nationals if that's possible.

Hunter

p.s. rump might not be the right terminology for Nationals,
so what is? (This is in addition to all other delegate projects
and would be a next to last resort.)

The One
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Is rump some sort of hipster-lingo for male gay-sex? If so, I won't be taking part in any rumping.

Akus
05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
It's time to take the gloves off and rump every state (with documentation of breaking party rules) and even rumping Nationals if that's possible.

thank you

signed,
the choir

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Is rump some sort of hipster-lingo for male gay-sex? If so, I won't be taking part in any rumping.

a 'rump convention'?!

thank you

signed,
the choir

helping out were I can

rp08orbust
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Not even to save your country from illegal aliens?

http://mrtwig.net/ep/806.html

AJ Antimony
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Agreed. As long as the rules are clearly broken, then there is grounds for a rump. Just have to make it clear the rump is NOT to nominate Paul, but to just follow the god damn convention rules.

nate895
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
You can rump a national convention. They have done it in the past (though the most recent occurrence was the Dixiecrats, and before that it was 1860). As long as you can say that a lot of states broke rules, and that the Convention accepts their delegates, you can rump the national convention.

kirkblitz
05-19-2008, 11:31 PM
and how would that work? the gov would still give the republicans money

Join The Paul Side
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
We should plan one big rump at the Republican National Convention. Right in the MSM's face! :D

brandon
05-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm just curious what it would take or if it's even possible.
The GOP is using every dirty trick in the book even at their
own safety, freedom, future, personal status, party unity, etc...

It's time to take the gloves off and rump every state (with
documentation of breaking party rules) and even rumping
Nationals if that's possible.

Hunter

p.s. rump might not be the right terminology for Nationals,
so what is? (This is in addition to all other delegate projects
and would be a next to last resort.)

You can rump any convention you want. Of course it would be totally meaningless if we did it. We will only have maybe 10% of the total RNC delegates. A rump convention with only 10% of the delegates is meaningless.

If we had, say, 40% of the delegates and built a good case showing how more of our state delegates were unfairly banned from getting elected to the RNC, THEN a rump would be effective. Of course it is then up to the states to decide if they recognize the rump convention as legitimate or not. Currently the state committees are all corrupt and would not listen to us anyway.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
You can rump any convention you want. Of course it would be totally meaningless if we did it. We will only have maybe 10% of the total RNC delegates. A rump convention with only 10% of the delegates is meaningless.

If we had, say, 40% of the delegates and built a good case showing how more of our state delegates were unfairly banned from getting elected to the RNC, THEN a rump would be effective. Of course it is then up to the states to decide if they recognize the rump convention as legitimate or not. Currently the state committees are all corrupt and would not listen to us anyway.

this is why every state/county needs to record and video them breaking their
rules, document it all and then rump. So that then all documentation and
delegates prepare for Nationals where it'll happen on a grand scale.

...but we need to be ready in every county and state first.

hillertexas
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
We should plan one big rump at the Republican National Convention. Right in the MSM's face! :D

Yes.
Yes.
A thousand times yes.

rpfan2008
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
this is why every state/county needs to record and video them breaking their
rules, document it all and then rump. So that then all documentation and
delegates prepare for Nationals where it'll happen on a grand scale.

...but we need to be ready in every county and state first.

They playing dirty and will continue to do so...from media to agent provocateurs they will try every skills, documenting everything will provide us with a great step in taking some bold(within law) step in future ,if need be. I think we should anticipate unlawful opposition on every step and always be ready to record/document that first hand. Only few have a good idea what they can yield us in future.

hillertexas
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
http://www.gopconvention.com/volunteer/general.aspx

The convention and the 2008 Minneapolis-Saint Paul Host Committee will recruit more than 8,000 volunteers, who will perform key duties and play crucial roles in the areas of transportation, information services, hospitality, and special events during the week of the convention.

RUMP + our people as the volunteers inside (making sure the neocons' convention doesn't go smoothly) = success

hillertexas
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
We would need roughly 2,380 delegates and 2,227 alternate delegates plus all positions.

neocons: We are the Republican Party
us: No, I'm sorry...WE are the Republican Party.

We have the numbers and the money making potential to take over the GOP. We have the neocons breaking the GOP rules and us not. We would probably have Ron Paul in attendance. I mean, if we decide that Ron Paul is the Republican nominee, then he is the Republican nominee.

I mean, they don't have the Republican principles...they aren't following the GOP rules....so how exactly are they Republican? They are not. So what if we just flat out turned on them and instead of trying to "join their club", we just don't recognize them and go about our Republican business....conventions and such...including running Ron as a Republican in the general election? So what...they can say "He is not the Republican candidate" but we can say "Yes he is" and have the above mentioned points to prove it. But who would we have to prove it to? The chairman? We would have our own chairman. I hope I am making sense.. This has actually turned into a rant so I will leave it at that.

brandon
05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
No, we simply dont have enough people to have a rump convention. Don't you get it? Volunteers don't carry any weight. If we rump the convention with only 10% of the RNC delegates supporting us and having only obtained 5% of the popular vote nationwide, that is essentially the same thing as starting a 3rd party. No part of the GOP establishment will recognize or support our convention.

We're much better off working within the GOP. We should go through the motions of the RNC, play by the rules, make our voices heard, and accept that we will not win the nomination this year. Then in 2012 we will have a considerably larger base within the GOP. If they are still playing unfair,thenwe could possibly have a rump convention.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
No, we simply dont have enough people to have a rump convention. Don't you get it? Volunteers don't carry any weight. If we rump the convention with only 10% of the RNC delegates supporting us and having only obtained 5% of the popular vote nationwide, that is essentially the same thing as starting a 3rd party. No part of the GOP establishment will recognize or support our convention.

We're much better off working within the GOP. We should go through the motions of the RNC, play by the rules, make our voices heard, and accept that we will not win the nomination this year. Then in 2012 we will have a considerably larger base within the GOP. If they are still playing unfair,thenwe could possibly have a rump convention.

but if we start rumping counties and states now, we can have enough people.

Re-read the previous post (HillerTexas') and think outside of the box.

Matt Davidson
05-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Look into the reform party national convention from 2000. There was a rump convention a block away at another auditorium. The results went to court. The judges finally decided in favor of Pat, but they held up Pat Buchanan's FEC funds for a few weeks after the convention.

Matt

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-20-2008, 10:59 AM
RRNC= Real Republican National Convention

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
rump this one too

Join The Paul Side
05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
rump this one too

Rump 'em all. :D

Join The Paul Side
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Look into the reform party national convention from 2000. There was a rump convention a block away at another auditorium. The results went to court. The judges finally decided in favor of Pat, but they held up Pat Buchanan's FEC funds for a few weeks after the convention.

Matt

We should be preparing to do the same. :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
rump to keep with the other rumping thread

Join The Paul Side
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Bump both rump threads :D

Brown Sapper
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Maybe we can talk to getting the Hucksters to rump with us if we need some more bodies to pull off a rump at nationals. The only problem I would see is if McCan't offers him the VP slot. It would be great if we could pull it off on our own though.