PDA

View Full Version : NJ Vandals get free RP publicity!

max
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Our group had NOTHING to do with this. We have displayed signs, but not in this town.

I have no idea who these dangerous radicals were, but the publicity they generated sure was cool.

http://www.montclairtimes.com/page.php?page=15563

Revolution9
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
hahahaha!:D :D :D :D

Didn't know who he was.. Must be an old geezer ready to keel over.. Quick..get some Paulites down to the local GOP committee hall!

Randy

JosephTheLibertarian
08-23-2007, 04:04 PM
ha that's close to me! :D

;)

njandrewg
08-23-2007, 04:08 PM
No suprise there...I used to go to Montclair before I transferred..and Valley road has cops going through it all the time

+ the area is pretty ritzy so it was probably some housewife who didn't want the signs obstructing her view of the neighbor's pool boy

max
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
No suprise there...I used to go to Montclair before I transferred..and Valley road has cops going through it all the time

+ the area is pretty ritzy so it was probably some housewife who didn't want the signs obstructing her view of the neighbor's pool boy

Yeah. I did notice a lot of cops in Montclair. Not on that night because it wasnt us..really...I just mean, in general..when you drive thru Montclair you see a lot of cops.

That's all I meant. I'm just agreeing with your observation. Thats all

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Out group had NOTHING to do with this.
;)

I have no idea who these dangerous radicals were, but the publicity they generated sure was cool.
:D

hard@work
08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Civil Disobedience is such a terrible terrible crime.

:P

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
A pretty nice article, if you ask me.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Go RON PAUL!

Publicity rocks!

bbachtung
08-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I loved how the old crony GOP chair pretended that he had to really think about it to figure out who RP is.

Roxi
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
thanks max this is a great article

love this part

“I had to rack my brain to think about who he was,” said Montclair Republican Club President Murray Stearns.

My question to him in response:

President Stearns could you elaborate on "rack" your brain and explain how one does this "racking" are you saying your balls are your brain?

lol

hard@work
08-23-2007, 04:44 PM
So he's saying he's not even educated on who is running for president in his OWN PARTY?!?

That's grounds for replacement right there.

max
08-23-2007, 04:45 PM
thanks max this is a great article

love this part

My question to him in response:

President Stearns could you elaborate on "rack" your brain and explain how one does this "racking" are you saying your balls are your brain?

lol

rack his brains my ass! This guy is a GOP club chairman and he's not heard of Ron Paul? He's not watched a single debate???

Jewish name + GOP = Zionist Neo-con Ron Paul HATER

RPatTheBeach
08-23-2007, 05:30 PM
great publicity! it's only illegal if you get caught, right? ;)

IowaSupport
08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I hate vandals. Do NOT do this again. You all know that posting signs about things that you believe in around town is -unacceptable-

austin356
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I hate vandals. Do NOT do this again. You all know that posting signs about things that you believe in around town is -unacceptable-

being sarcastic right?

Definition of Vandalism:

Vandalism is the conspicuous defacement or destruction of a structure or symbol.

I saw, nor read about any vandalism, thus there these supporters are no vandals. If they really were vandals the police would be charging them with vandalism instead of "zoning regulation infractions".

njandrewg
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
this isn't vandalism...vandalism = spray painting things...at worst this is littering...and you are being somewhat of a hypocrite...because in another thread you said: "Perhaps you should move your efforts into the real world, then. Forums will only get us so far. Take the time you would usually be on there and canvas/make signs."

Tn...Andy
08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah....they have the same ordinance here. They tear 'em down, we put 'em back up. Free speech is a terrible thing, isn't it ? Best time to do it is on a Friday night, so they stay up all weekend until the municipal weenies come back to work on Monday.

Speaking of spray painting, I 'heard' of a brilliant idea.....backpack Solo sprayer with cheap white latex ( water based paint ) and hit the steep embankment sides of the Interstate with HUGE "RON PAUL" on the grass. Not permanent.....will wear off in a few months ( less if the grass is growing ).....Best done in the wee hours of the morning.

Shink
08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The tone of the article made me a little mad. :O PUTTING UP SIGNS FOR SOMEONE NON-ESTABLISHMENT!? Criminal. I'd bet you anything no negative stink would be raised if those were Romney signs.

PaleoForPaul
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
The article says people could face "incar-ceration".

Are they serious? They'd throw someone in jail for putting up political signs too early? lol.

max
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
The article says people could face "incar-ceration".

Are they serious? They'd throw someone in jail for putting up political signs too early? lol.

NJ is Rudy territory and that town has uppity-ass leanings. Whats ironic is that the newspaper article gave the event far more publicity than the signs themselves! LOL

Whoever did this was smart because signs were posted on the same road that the newpaper is located! ;)

dsentell
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Beware of dangerous radicals spreading propaganda!!

---- GO RON PAUL !! --------

mconder
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I hate vandals. Do NOT do this again.

My Meetup group plans on deploying about 300 signs in like fashion in the near future. Sorry to ruin your day :)